Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 16 Kids & Moving In (The Duggar Clan)

Default Re: 16 Kids & Moving In (The Duggar Clan)

Quote Originally Posted by Killjoy
    I remember the 14 kids and pregnant show but now they have 16 kids?! Did she get pregnant again! I understand the whole having as many kids as you can afford but did the term overpopulation ever pop into their minds? Also how can you say you are doing your best by your children when you have so many you can't possibly spend the kind of individual one on one time with each that they need?

AND I hate! when people who pop out multiples or just have way too many kids get free stuff. It was their choice to have that many so they can just deal with it!
    My question is how are they able to afford to keep the family from going homeless. I mean they went to the store and I think it cost something in the neighborhood of $700-$800. What is the water bill like? What does the dad do for a living? And how the hell were they able to build that home? I know it took them 3 yrs but Im not getting it. What about medical bills since Momma is always pregnant. Dad has to have some damn good insurance coverage.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Dad is a "realtor" and they get huge tax exemptions because they are the pastors of the Church of the Holy Basement held in their home. 16 kids at a thousand bucks a pop for the child tax credit adds up to 16,000 dollars before they even take the tax exempt church credit or regular standard deductions. I also think that they only buy used (including shoes, don't get me started on that rant!! Ewww!!!) and practice extreme penny pinching ala The Tightwad Gazette. Don't know how much Dad makes from selling real estate but he must make something because their month grocery bill they say runs 2K every month. Of course they could be stockpiling/hording and slowly doling out that tax money from every year too.

I said out loud to myself when watching this show last weekend, "Damn its just like a grocery store in their pantry". Talk about having a major anxiety attack when checking out.
    Im getting the impression Undercover you arent going to be sending The Duggar Clan a Christmas card this year. HEHEHE
    Is that really the name of the church? What religion is that? I thought they were Penecostal or Meninites(sp).

No, I am equally parts horrified by them and endlessly facinated by them and have been ever since viewing the premiere of the first documentary. I've known many folks like them in my years as a believer and suffered at their hands so I'm no fan at all. I watch to ridicule and scoff. I'm too familar with their ilk. I call anyone that refuses to go to a formal church and forms their own church in their house with a few disgruntled others The Church of the Holy Basement.

We've had types like them waltz into our nondenominational church and try to take over with their nutty beliefs. The last bunch came through and insulted everyone within a matter of a few weeks. The harpy-wife cornered me in the restroom once, (remember I'm a deacon at church and the lead singer on the worship team,) and told me I was going straight to hell for working, having short hair, wearing makeup, not covering my head and dressing 'too worldly' Then she tried to harange me about the fact that I go around with an uncovered head and started questioning my salvation because I only had two kids instead of the 'quiver full' she thought every decent woman should have. I invited her to step out of my path before laid a righteous beatdown on her ass. I wasn't the only one subjected to this treatment. Once I came out to my car to find a crudely handlettered note demanding I step down and quit church because I was divorced, others got the same note.

One of the tenets of our church is that everyone is welcome and there is no judgementalism, we have people who were Mennonites, lapsed Catholics like me, a former Buddhist, a Jew and the list goes on and on. These people thought since they'd church hopped around they'd hop into ours and take over, remold it to how they wanted instead of the come as you are and be who you are before God place we are. They finally forced a confrontation with leadership where they demanded we unlink from TACF (we're a Partners in Harvest church with them), kick out everyone that had ever been divorced (significant portion of the church), make rules that all women had to dress in potato sack like jumpers, not work, not cut their hair, not wear makeup, not use birth control and always cover their heads with a scarf or bonnet. Leadership told them politely to leave and never darken our doors again, something that had never happened in our church history ever before. They left, grumbling and calling down hell fire on our heads for being so sinful and formed their own church held in the basement of the main agitators. That's when I coined the phrase "The Church of the Holy Basement" (tm) used on many boards now.

These last two shows have gone way out of their way to edit out all the creepy overately fundieness of the family and only show them as these fine upstanding citizens instead of the borderline cult that they actually are. In the first special they explained they formed a church in their home, just like the Doo-Raggers of our church, because they couldn't find a church in their area that was true and fundamental and conservative enough for them.

I told my husband about Momma Duggar that there was something just not right about the way she is so calm and "relaxed". Im fasinated just by that alone. Odd I know. But Im sorry after 16 kids I would not be talking to ANYONE in a calm, flat, "everything coming up roses" tone. I did wonder at one point if she ever has gotten the "baby blues".

I'm disturbed that Michelle's had the same hairstyle for 20 years. The 80's are over, man!! Cut that sh!t off!!

I also don't understand several things about them:

How they're so calm all the time.
    Where they get their money.
    All the girls dress in amish, bib, floor length skirts, and the boys all wear polo's and khakis. I would love to see one of them in jeans and a t-shirt.
    All the LORD sh!t is equally annoying. Yes, the lord may play a role in everone's lives, but quit going freakin' overboard.

I am so addicted to this show...

I invited her to step out of my path before laid a righteous beatdown on her ass.
    Oh, damn, that was the best laugh in a looong time, gator!
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111
    I'm disturbed that Michelle's had the same hairstyle for 20 years. The 80's are over, man!! Cut that sh!t off!!

I also don't understand several things about them:

How they're so calm all the time.
    Where they get their money.
    All the girls dress in amish, bib, floor length skirts, and the boys all wear polo's and khakis. I would love to see one of them in jeans and a t-shirt.
    All the LORD sh!t is equally annoying. Yes, the lord may play a role in everone's lives, but quit going freakin' overboard.

I am so addicted to this show...

I wondered the same thing too. Me and my mother watched the show and I was so confused as to why the boys were dressed much better than the girls. I know they saved money by building it by themselves but, it was still a 7,000 house, they needed money to do all this. I think that they got lots of donations from people which is really unfair IMO. I do think that the kids are nice though and the parents look really young (wife is 39 hubby 41) and rested considering that they have all these kids. I think that they are well behaved because they have no tv and basically no outside influence since they are home schooled and have no friends it seems.
    I also wondered if the mom actually takes her clothes off when they have sex because she seems so proper. The dad is kinda cute though.
    I wish this was a series that came on every week. I'm totally addicted

I also wondered if the mom actually takes her clothes off when they have sex because she seems so proper. The dad is kinda cute though.
    We speculated about that endlessly on TwoP boards and came to the conclusion they'd be just the type to have a sheet with a hole it in between them for sex.

Omg, they fuck like rabbits!
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

On the Duggar's site was a link to a similar family.

http://www.titus2.com/about.htm

Geez. The oldest son still lives at home at 26. The oldest finally married and lives across the street from his family. I always feel badly making fun of these kinds of people, but my goodness they creep me out. They just seem so oblivious to the whole world, living in their special little family communes.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Michelle DOES need to cut the hair already though! It's ENOUGH! The female mullet is sooo much worse than the male!!

Silver Member

Why is it, all of these people who live traditional lives, and wear traditional clothes always seem to find the 80s?
    Really, if you are trying to be all little house on the prairie, 86 the mall hair.

Those poor little kids are living like slaves because the mom wants a litter. We do chores here, but christ, having your 8 yr old drill without protective eyewear...where the fuck is THAT commandment?

I know. I felt bad for the older son when he said that he's looking forward to the house being finished because it will be the first time in 3 years that he will sleep in. I'm all for giving kids responsibility but, jeez a 11 yr old doing laundry all day and night. That's rediculous.

You know these kids are going to end up marrying the kids of their parents friends who have the same ideals as they do...because seriously, no normal woman is gonna be like "Oh you want to let the lord decide how many kids we have? Okay!"

I was just annoyed how sexist that family is. I mean, the girls are always the ones doing the dishes and the stereotypical "female" activities...even in the "move in" they were sewing while the boys were getting to build model airplanes! wtf is that about?

And is anyone else wondering why they build that huge house, yet they all still have to share one big room? I mean, I didnt expect that they'd each get their own room or anything, but I figured something a little better than all 10 boys still being in the same room together. Out of that many kids, you just KNOW one of them is gonna snap one day and go AWOL from all that.

For some reason I always figured that after so many kids your body would just be like "ok, thats all, I'm done" but I guess I was wrong...and seriously, I know its disgusting, but how pleasurable can it really be to sleep with that woman? After that many kids her vag has seriously just have to be one big gaping hole...sleeping with her must be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway...gross.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information