Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: The X Factor USA version

Default The X Factor USA version

So, who watched? Any thoughts?

It's way different than Idol. Some of the singers didn't sound that great, yet they were brought on board for coaching. Different ballgame.

The first contestant and the last contestant were obviously ones the judges want you to root for. Just sayin..... They were good though, they deserve kudos.

I watched, not sure I'll continue, but I boohooed through a lot of it. Mostly for the lady who closed the first hour. I'm an absolute sucker for anyone who's been beaten down by life or circumstances and still goes after their dreams and watching their dreams start to come true gets me every single time. Plus she was frickin' phenomenal. The little meth head at the end of the show was truly an original - every time they did a freeze frame I expected a type-over and I truly expected his to say that he'd od'd that night. But I hope he stays sober.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

ugh, i didn't care for it much. the screaming audience reminded me of America's got Talent. it was just American Idol the next generation. i did like the guy at the end (former druggie), but other than that, i was not thrilled.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I did kind of like the play between LA Reid and Simon. LA is certainly legit, but damn that Pussycat doll thing is obnoxious.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll

I liked it. The 13 year old girl who sang first was really cute and had a great personality. I doubt she'll win , but maybe she will get a broadway offer or something.

So far tonight it sucks. Hope it gets better or I am out
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I did kind of like the play between LA Reid and Simon. LA is certainly legit, but damn that Pussycat doll thing is obnoxious.

After all the crap that went down over the summer about Cheryl Cole, how "No one could understand her!", I was expecting worse from her. I actually liked her better than Nicole "It's my Birthday!!" Scherzinger.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartShapedBox View Post
    I liked it. The 13 year old girl who sang first was really cute and had a great personality. I doubt she'll win , but maybe she will get a broadway offer or something.
    she was good, but way too annoying.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I am watching now. I like the UK ones better.

Chezza >>>>>>>> Nicole

Just saw 18 y.o. Melanie Amaro audition singing a Beyonce sing and I'm in tears, she was sooo good.

I am still undecided. Large parts of it were just tiresome. I hope it perks up. Some guy on Extra was saying if the ratings dropped Simon would take over the cutting room like Attila the Hun. That may be needed.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I watched the first episode but when it comes to two hour shows (on TV that is) I get ADHD and can't watch the whole thing.

It didn't thrill me much so I doubt I will continue to watch.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Looked like another run of the mill talent show; yawn.

My favourite part of X factor is the judges houses bit. I don't like the normal auditions in front of the crowd. But meh it's all scripted like hell anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I watched, not sure I'll continue, but I boohooed through a lot of it. Mostly for the lady who closed the first hour. I'm an absolute sucker for anyone who's been beaten down by life or circumstances and still goes after their dreams and watching their dreams start to come true gets me every single time. Plus she was frickin' phenomenal. The little meth head at the end of the show was truly an original - every time they did a freeze frame I expected a type-over and I truly expected his to say that he'd od'd that night. But I hope he stays sober.
    I take back the statement about the lady...apparently she's a big old scientologist who has sung with GMD at his own creepy tiny terror thrown bday party. Now if the sucky life circumstances she talked about were getting out of $cienoland, then I rescind my rescind, but I haven't watched this much recently.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information