Thread: Michael C. Hall Might Ditch 'Dexter' for Broadway's 'Big Fish'

Default Michael C. Hall Might Ditch 'Dexter' for Broadway's 'Big Fish'

Michael C. Hall Might Ditch 'Dexter' for Broadway's 'Big Fish'

After years of playing Miami Police blood-spatter-analyst-cum-serial-killer Dexter Morgan on the popular TV series "Dexter," Michael C. Hall is heard to be negotiating a comeback to the Broadway stage. The star of the Emmy-nominated series who has also appeared on high-profile musicals such as 'Cabaret' and 'Chicago', was reportedly offered the role of Edward Bloom, in the planned 2012 stage incarnation of Daniel Wallace's novel 'Big Fish.'
    In the same role that was played by Ewan Mc Gregor and Albert Finney in the movie 'Big Fish' 2003 -- a poignant story about a dying father, his son who regrets not knowing much about him, and the truths, lies and myths told in his lifetime -- Hall and his singing prowess will again be seen by New York musical theatre fans. 'Big Fish,' the stage musical, features a musical score by Andrew Lippa and book by John August, based on the movie adaptation. Actor Hugh Jackman was initially offered the role, but had to decline due to his hectic filming schedules.
    Meanwhile, the sixth season of Showtime's hit series 'Dexter' premieres on Oct. 2 in the U.S., taking viewers through harrowing new episodes of suspense, killing, vengeance, and other dangerous games.

Michael C. Hall Might Ditch 'Dexter' for Broadway's 'Big Fish' [PHOTO & VIDEO] - Entertainment & Stars

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

No. Not gonna let him.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way back to obscurity.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

WT... pssst... McJag - am I sensing some hostility from Greys towards deliciously deadly Dexter? Is the backstory in a Michael C Hall thread, Jennifer Carpenter thread, a Dexter thread, or a 6 Feet Under thread? I'd ask Greys directly, but I'm worried she'd bite
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

Actually I like his acting (except Dexter) I just think he's a jackass. After his cancer scare he's said some stupid shit and cheated on his wife in front of her face right on set. He's a jackass.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Fuck this shit.

Although I think the show IS starting to run out of steam, Dexter is the best thing on television right now, you'd be an idiot to abandon that.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    WT... pssst... McJag - am I sensing some hostility from Greys towards deliciously deadly Dexter? Is the backstory in a Michael C Hall thread, Jennifer Carpenter thread, a Dexter thread, or a 6 Feet Under thread? I'd ask Greys directly, but I'm worried she'd bite
    I think he stood her up on a date once. She can hold a grudge forever.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Thread Information