Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Two & A Half Men - R.I.P. Charlie Harper

Default Two & A Half Men - R.I.P. Charlie Harper

'Two and A Half Men' season premiere: R.I.P., Charlie Sheen?

By Lynette Rice, EW.com
    August 2, 2011 10:25 a.m. EDT

Reports say Charlie Sheen's Charlie Harper character may be killed off of "Two and a Half Men."

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
    • Apparently, the episode will reportedly open with a memorial service
    • Warner Bros. TV -- the studio that produces the hit comedy -- and CBS are not commenting
    • It certainly wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for Lorre to kill off Charlie

(EW.com) -- Oh boy, the first episode of "Two and A Half Men" could be a doozy.

After rumors swirled online that creator Chuck Lorre could kill off Charlie Sheen's character to make way for Ashton Kutcher, Deadline is now reporting that a funeral is, indeed, in the works for the comedy's ninth season premiere on September 19.
    The not-so dearly departed? Sheen's Charlie Harper, of course. Apparently, the episode will reportedly open with a memorial service attended by many of Charlie's girlfriends and that his beachfront property will subsequently go up for sale.
    Potential buyers will include real-life celebrities and stars from Lorre's other shows, and that Kutcher's character will also tour the property. We can pretty much put two-and-two together from here: Kutcher snatches it up, Alan and Jake beg to stay, and mayhem resumes!
    Sadly, Warner Bros. TV -- the studio that produces the hit comedy -- and CBS are not commenting, though it certainly wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for Lorre to kill off Charlie. (In fact, the original rumor was that Sheen's alter-ego would drive off a cliff).
    After all, a fatal car accident was used to explain the sudden departure of Valerie Harper in the comedy Valerie's Family in 1987. Harper disagreed with the direction the producers wanted to take the comedy, so they killed her off in a car crash.
    She was replaced by Sandy Duncan. Lucky for Lorre, plot spoilers -- whether they are wrong or dead right -- shouldn't affect the comedy's premiere, which will no doubt attract millions of old and new fans.
    See the original article at EW.com.

'Two and A Half Men' season premiere: R.I.P., Charlie Sheen? - CNN.com
    "I'm sorry, but I don't date ugly people."

So stupid. I hope it falls on its ass.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I actually might start watching this if Ashton Kutcher is on it, but I hope that they incorporate the death of Charlie in a comical way and don't make it too heavy or dramatic.

Fuck Charlie and this stupid show.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

i hate this show but let's face it, charlie is the show.

this re-boot with ashton sounds like kelso + the leftover cast trying to be funny.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Well making it a death exit is REALLY going to ruin it, you can't have death in a comedy...especially THAT comedy.

Why are they even bothering?
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

In my opinion, the show was dead as soon as they hired that idiot Kutcher. RIP Two And A Half Men.

No. Just end it. Doing anything with the show now, especially killing Charlie is just an insult to the viewers.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Fuck Charlie and this stupid show.
    AMEN!

The show sucked before and it will continue to do so.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I love the show but it jumped the shark a season or two back. They really need to bring Evelyn into that house and focus on her and Berta. That's the only path to this show's salvation.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i hate this show but let's face it, charlie is the show.

this re-boot with ashton sounds like kelso + the leftover cast trying to be funny.
    I hate it too (with a passion, I tell you) and I think it's one of the worst sitcoms on TV, but I'm amazed when people say that they thought Charlie was the show. The episodes I have seen belonged to Jon Cryer. I hate all the characters, save the mom, but Cryer as an actor just blows Charlie Sheen right out of the water. Charlie is one of the worst actors I've ever had the displeasure to watch, just completely wooden, no charisma whatsoever, and acts as if he's reading off cue cards to thunderous applause. I will never, ever get his appeal and why people even find him even remotely funny. Different strokes, I guess.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I love Two and A Half Men. It's very successful in Germany, running afternoon twice (!). Two episodes at 2 pm and two episodes 2 hours later. Each day. Lol.

I won't watch it. Ashton is too much a beau, Alan and Jack needed to get kicked their asses from Charlie.
    sharp as Angie's square jaw

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I hate it too (with a passion, I tell you) and I think it's one of the worst sitcoms on TV, but I'm amazed when people say that they thought Charlie was the show. The episodes I have seen belonged to Jon Cryer. I hate all the characters, save the mom, but Cryer as an actor just blows Charlie Sheen right out of the water. Charlie is one of the worst actors I've ever had the displeasure to watch, just completely wooden, no charisma whatsoever, and acts as if he's reading off cue cards to thunderous applause. I will never, ever get his appeal and why people even find him even remotely funny. Different strokes, I guess.
    Jon does play his part great but I really don't think he could carry the show on his own, personally I don't find Alan that likeable and his whole character is based on scrounging off his brother so it wouldn't work without him. Also Charlie Sheen is actually a great actor (well was lol) you should check out some of his earlier work. His scenes with Jake always make me laugh, thats one thing I will miss the most.

as for the show, Killing off Charlie is a huge mistake, with everything thats happened the viewers/fans still had hope Sheen and Chuck would make up and he could come back. I think many won't watch if they kill him off.

Bronze Member

I am not going to watch it.

Wasn't it the hogan family?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information