Thread: Sweet Home Alabama on CMT

Default Sweet Home Alabama on CMT

Has anyone watched this show on CMT?? It is the Southern version of The Batchelor with a twist. Ten Country Guys and Ten City Slickers battle for the heart of Southern Belle Devin. It takes place in Mobile Alabama. One of the city guys left after day 1 because he couldn't take the heat & humidity. There's no air-conditioning in their digs.

They found the biggest douchebags from the city they could find. Jeff Miranda from Jersey Shore is on there. Some other morons. There are a couple that seem okay from the city side.

The country guys are about as country as you can get, cowboys, farmers....can't remember what other occupations. They seem genuine.

Devin is gorgeous, and seems very sweet.

Check it out if you get the chance.

It was actually filmed in Fairhope, which is close but across the Bay from Mobile. And yes it is hot as BALLS here. No AC? That is just retarded. I'm sure that shit wasn't filmed no where near any season but winter. You can't NOT have AC around this bitch any other time.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

I'm pretty sure there isn't AC, they were all complaining how they just showered and were all sweaty, but they were inside. And it looks like a cabin they are in, with a screen door, right on the waterfront. So I'm assuming there isn't any AC, but I missed some of the first episode so can't say for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by card View Post
    One of the city guys left after day 1 because he couldn't take the heat & humidity.
    Welcome to the South. What a wuss.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

No A/C? I'm from Alabama, and I probably couldn't take the heat and humidity without A/C, either.

Quote Originally Posted by nancydrew View Post
    It was actually filmed in Fairhope, which is close but across the Bay from Mobile.
    Fairhope? They really dropped them off in the wilderness, didn't they? I mean when will they get around to developing the Eastern Shore? [/sarcasm]

I'm renovating right now and it's hotter than Hades and the humidity is hell. No A/C at this point, but I load up on fans and deal with it. Then again, I'm not in Alabama so I don't know quite how bad things are down there.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    No A/C? I'm from Alabama, and I probably couldn't take the heat and humidity without A/C, either.

Fairhope? They really dropped them off in the wilderness, didn't they? I mean when will they get around to developing the Eastern Shore? [/sarcasm]
    I know right? Poor things may have had to slum it at The Grand Hotel, of all places. The horror!

Let me be honest and let you bitches know, that on day 2 of my AC being broke down last month, I was THISCLOSE to being willing to suck a dick to get it fixed. Just do what you will, as long as there is cool air blowing on me while you do it. True story.
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

LOL, actually it's been pretty friggin hot in Chicago too.

Two weeks ago today my neighborhood got hit with a tornado and thankfully no injuries, but lots of uprooted trees, and 850,000 people were out of power. We were without power for almost a week, good ole ComEd had to contract power companies from other states to help restore power. My power was restored by Alabama Power Company. Loved those guys!! Anyway, it was hotter than Hell in my house, we didn't have fans or anything. It can really make people pissy, specially when you can't get coffee anywhere either cuz everywhere around you has no power either.

Not lookin for a pity party, Alabama Power was so nice to us!! The South really does have nice people. So thank you to you all down there.

Yeah if any power company has experience in having to restore power after a storm, its Alabama Power. Our shit goes out if someone farts too hard around here. But usually they do work to get it back fairly fast.
    Glad you're ok!

As aggravated as I have gotten with Alabama Power about my bill over the years, I will say that they hop to when the power goes out.

Quote Originally Posted by nancydrew View Post
    Yeah if any power company has experience in having to restore power after a storm, its Alabama Power. Our shit goes out if someone farts too hard around here. But usually they do work to get it back fairly fast.
    Glad you're ok!
    Thanks, and yes, they were the BEST!!

Thread Information