Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two

Default Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two

Went to a midnight screening. The movie flew past at lightening speed. They did a great job editing out what they could and focusing on the important parts. The purist in me thinks they should have stuck to the script for certain scenes (spoilers in white): Ron/Hermione's kiss wasn't in the same place in the story and didn't happen the same way, Harry and Voldemort didn't duel in the Great Hall, several changes in the last battle sequence etc.

People were literally sobbing when Harry entered into the forest and even my cold dead heart has to admit they did an amazing job with that scene in particular.

I won't say too much now but would love to hear what others thought of it.

Hopefully going tonight, if not then tomorrow. I can't wait - I'm going to bawl either way. I mean...it's ending!

Did you see it in 3-D or in an IMAX or did you just go to a basic screening? (trying to decide if I want to do a 3-D tonight even though in a few weeks we'll be doing the IMAX experience as well)
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

I thought it was great. I didn't like that they left out parts from the book but I get why they had to. The movie would have been a lot longer if they didn't. Yeah. It went by so quick! Wow. And the whole movie crowd cheered when Mrs. Wesley called out Bella, "Not, my daughter, you bitch!" and when the last horcrux was destroyed. Everyone clapped and cheered the very end very loud and I say was pretty damn pleased with the ending.

We saw it in 3D because that's the only way the theater was showing it. It was ok. Not sure it added much in terms of effects. They didn't do anything cheesy like having snakes or spiders jump out at you.

Dark, our theater went nuts when she said that. I mean, come on, that HAD to be part of the movie, right? It's such an incredible moment to hear her stand up to Bellatrix. People were full on sobbing when Harry went into the forest with his family to die.

Mostly, our theater was super super quiet. You could hear a pin drop but there was an explosion of applause at the end.

I can't wait to see this. I'm taking plenty of Kleenex.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I saw it last night. I had not read the books and had only seen the first couple of movies, so in some parts I didn't fully understand what was going on or what the significance of certain characters/objects was, but I enjoyed it. I thought it was very well done and entertaining, and action movies usually don't hold my interest or attention at all.

Just saw this movie today. I thought it was really good and stayed fairly true to the book. I cried, like 5 times. But, I just had a baby so perhaps the crying was partly due to insane hormones.

I'm almost afraid to see it because I know I'll cry. I'll sob when Snape dies, I know.

Hell, I was tearing up reading the reviews. I can't imagine how I'll be when I actually see it.

I went at midnight last night and saw it in 3D. Every theater in my area was showing it on every screen, and every theater was 100% sold out. Crazy. One of the girls I was with was full on sobbing from the point when Harry walked into the forest until the end of the movie, and she wasn't the only one. We heard lots of sniffles in the theater.

I thought it was well done, but it moved FAST. Stuff I thought they'd spend more time on went by in an instant (their time at Bill/Fleur's cottage/Gringott's, for example). There was of course cheering for the Molly Weasley line and thunderous applause at the credits. There was a lot of laughter at the very end too, and it was kind of ridiculous. I'm choosing to have the same feeling about it as in the book. I just pretend it doesn't exist. I like them just fine without it.

I had rivers of tears flowing down my cheeks and into my cleavage in a very ridiculous way when the Snape storyline unfolded.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

I can't go til next weekend cause hubby is out of town. I'M DYING HERE!!!!!
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

I think I may be the only person on the planet who hasn't seen ANY Harry Potter movie.

The movie was well made, great affects, suspense, and imagery. It's really hard to take Emma Watson seriously, cause I think she sucks as an actress. Was her and Ron Weasley even needed in this film? They were in a lot of scenes, but rather irrelevant. I really liked the guy named Snape, and his tortured character. He is an amazing actor. I wasn't into HP, never read the books, but I saw it cause it was the last one. Maybe I would have liked it more if I was a fan.
    Last edited by potato_chips; July 16th, 2011 at 07:28 AM.
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

I guess for the book readers it's a completely different experience. It would be unthinkable for me having a final film that didn't feature plenty of people who are really only minor characters (but still important), much less two thirds of the main freaking trio, regardless of what you think about the actors in the roles.

For people who don't know the books, I guess it's just one guy trying to kill another guy and everyone else is incidental, with some being more exceptional....going by either what you think about the actors, how their parts are played out (including things left out of films that are in the books) on screen...than others.

My husband went, and he's not read the books. And there were several things that he didn't "get" the significance of because he went in there without any prior knowledge or expectations. Barring whatever he'd gotten from the previous films. Or listening to my son and I discuss.

Snape's scenes were my favorite, hands down. But I love the character and I love Alan Rickman. Even if he is a bit long in the tooth for the age Snape would probably be if they went 100% by the book. And I would soooo do Lucius Malfoy! It weirds me out to say that since he's so vile in the books. But Jason Isaacs....that man does things to me! He makes Lucius hot.
    Last edited by MsDark; July 16th, 2011 at 08:19 AM.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information