Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Dance Moms on Lifetime

Default Dance Moms on Lifetime

I caught two episodes of this. I do not need another reality show in my life but this was such a trainwreck that I have to watch.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_CI7_N6MWM[/YOUTUBE]

fgg

i don't need another one either but i saw previews for this while watching roseanne's nuts. it looks like a MUST WATCH. on the dvr it goes...
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

It is dvr worthy. The dance teacher with boobs big enough to have their own zip code who thunders like a wooly mammoth is enough. (How can she be that fat and still be a dance teacher?) Then it also has a psycho minister mom and the drunk moms who despise the dance teacher.

At least it's good for when nothing else is on, lol.

Bronze Member

YAY! So glad to see this thread. I watched it because Minister Dawn is an old friend of mine from high school. Yes, I'm proud of her psycho godliness.

I watched it and omg, what a nuclear disaster that dance school is! Of course it's entertaining and of course I'm watching it, but holy crap I can't believe the dance teacher's sense of entitlement in how she treats her students. I spent way many years in a dance environment and I know dance moms like that, but I can guarantee they wouldn't act like that if the teacher didn't set the tone. It's mind numbing to me, wow. That and the kids aren't really dancing so much as doing a lot of leaps and pique turns mixed in with gymnastics.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

I also have a lot of experience with dance (as well as gymnastics) and the way that Abby runs that studio is flat out unprofessional. What a joke.

I was also surprised by the dance ability of these girls. I was not impressed. None of them are great dancers. There are a few who have stage presence and are good, but there were better dancers in my classes throughout my entire childhood.

I know! They go from step to step but then throw their leg up behind their head and that's the one moment where it's like oooooo but their dancing is empty calories, all fluff.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Elite Member

I don't know if it will make sense, but it is "pageanty" dancing to me. I can't stand Abby, or Cathy especially.

The dance about the missing children had me disturbed and laughing all at the same time.

Nia dancing to "They Call Me LaQueefa" in leopard print and an Afro? All sorts of wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I don't know if it will make sense, but it is "pageanty" dancing to me. I can't stand Abby, or Cathy especially.

The dance about the missing children had me disturbed and laughing all at the same time.

Nia dancing to "They Call Me LaQueefa" in leopard print and an Afro? All sorts of wrong.
    THIS! OMG! I was like WhutTHAfuck???
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Omg, I forgot about that, sooooooo wrong. And wtf Abby, I thought the kid were supposed to be dancers first? Now Nia is black first, dancer second? Just because a casting director will be looking for minorities doesn't mean drown the poor girl in Afros and leopard print. What a horrible woman.

That song is from a routine by Shangela, a tranny who was on RuPaul's Drag Race. I was amazed that Nia's mother let her do the number. So wrong in every way. Abby is clueless.

I love love love this show. It's like Toddlers & Tiaras meets Desperate Housewives.

Bronze Member

last nights episode when Nia's solo won 1st place and that odd bird Kathy got tossed was the best of this show so far, imho. Next week should be pretty pretty good

Fuck! I missed it! poop.

I have it DVR'd and haven't watched it yet.... come on over. I got sangria, beer & titos.... chilli cheese fritos, cookies... ice cream
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information