Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean 5: In Talks

Default Pirates of the Caribbean 5: In Talks

Johnny Depp In 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' Fifth Movie Contract Talks

In the most recent "Pirates of the Caribbean" film, Jack Sparrow was in search of the Fountain of Youth. Now, it looks like he'll live for yet another adventure.
    The Wrap reports that Depp is close to wrapping contract talks to star in a fifth "Pirates" film with producer Jerry Bruckheimer. And if he's looking for a pot of gold, well, he may just get one; despite its weaker domestic gross (not that $234 million is shabby), the fourth film, this May's "On Stranger Tides," has grossed over a billion dollars worldwide.
    Depp had previously expressed interest in doing a fifth film in January, telling Entertainment Weekly, “As long as we can put all the puzzle pieces together, I would most definitely consider it."
    Though largely critically panned, Depp told EW that he felt that the fourth filmed offered a fresh start for the series, which was largely cobbled together, without canon, into a trilogy from what was supposed to be a one-off film.
    “I felt if we were going to do a 4, that more than anything we owed the audience a fresh start, without all the complicated mathematics of 1 colliding with 2 and 2 colliding with 3,” Depp said in May. “I felt like it was important to eliminate as many complications as possible.”
    The fourth film was the first in the series without Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley, instead focusing its co-star attentions on Penelope Cruz, who plays Sparrow's erstwhile lover. While it's unknown whether they'd bring her back for a fifth film, don't expect Sparrow to ever get to emotionally attached.
    "I think if we did a scenario where it was Captain Jack really falling in love, it would most likely be a silent film. I think he would go completely catatonic and be unable to speak," Depp told MTV. "He would probably sit there and quiver for an hour and a half... It would mess up the legend. Which I think is always working for it, to leave the legend behind."

Johnny Depp In 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' Fifth Movie Contract Talks

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Let it die already.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I'm a complete POTC fantard but even I couldn't get on board with OST. The charm was gone, the fun was gone and I hated all the secondary characters. If they get Gore Verbinski back to try and undo some of the hash that Rob Marshall made of it then I'll consider giving it a go. Maybe.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Enough already.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Jesus Christ give it a f*cking rest people. After about 10 minutes the whole Johhny Depp gay pirate thing gets old, really fast. IMO
    "I'm sorry, but I don't date ugly people."

It's like trying to jerk off for the 5th time in one day, it WAS fresh and solid with great anticipation at the start, but now it's limp and struggling to get excited.
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

Thread Information