Login to remove the ads!

Thread: CBS cancels 'The Defenders' and William Shatner

Default CBS cancels 'The Defenders' and William Shatner

CBS cancels 'The Defenders' and William Shatner

by Lynette Rice
    Categories: 2011 CBS Upfronts, 2011 Upfronts, Mad Love, Television
    Image Credit: Ron P. Jaffe/CBSHey Hollywood, The Shat is officially up for grabs!

EW has learned that CBS handed out pink slips to the William Shatner starrer $#*! My Dad Says, along with The Defenders and the comedy Mad Love to make room for a new crop of fall shows. Despite attracting unfavorable headlines because of the faux expletive in the title, $#*! broke out of the gate strong last fall before its ratings started to tumble. The same went for Defenders, which took an additional shot in the arm after it moved time slots.
    Despite its strong creative auspices (it’s from the talented Matt Tarses of Worst Week), Mad Love never caught on with viewers.
    What shows will replace them? Well, we already know CBS ordered Person of Interest, a new drama from J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk that centers on an ex-CIA agent, presumed dead, who teams up with a mysterious billionaire to prevent violent crimes in NYC. It stars Michael Emerson and James Caviezel. The network also gave a thumbs up to Two Broke Girls, which is from Michael Patrick King and Whitney Cummings, and follows two broke 22-year old gals in Brooklyn. It’s a multi-camera laugher that features Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs.
    CBS will announce its fall lineup on Wednesday in New York.

CBS fall schedule | Inside TV | EW.com

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

awww i liked Shit My Dad Says! fucking CBS
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Wall o'text should be outlawed. Paragraphs are everyone's friend.

^It grew on me, but Mad Love sucked. Good riddance. If they only got rid of 3 shows, that's amazing. The other nets got rid of way more shows.

She is such a useless shit stain on the panties of humanity~Bitter's awesome description of K.K

I thought the Shatner show was doing well? It had its moments.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    ^It grew on me, but Mad Love sucked. Good riddance. If they only got rid of 3 shows, that's amazing. The other nets got rid of way more shows.
    I liked the two friends, the big guy and Judy Greer. But the two leads (Jason Biggs and Sarah Chalke) sucked major ass, not funny, no chemistry - I swear that chick plays THE SAME DAMN CHARACTER in every show she's on. It's annoying as hell. Terrible show that was tentatively getting a bit better, I agree, but not shocking at all that it was canceled - it just never got good.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I liked the two friends, the big guy and Judy Greer. But the two leads (Jason Biggs and Sarah Chalke) sucked major ass, not funny, no chemistry - I swear that chick plays THE SAME DAMN CHARACTER in every show she's on. It's annoying as hell. Terrible show that was tentatively getting a bit better, I agree, but not shocking at all that it was canceled - it just never got good.
    Not to mention it seemed almost exactly like How I Met Your Mother (which Sarah had just been on and her character still was talked about), which is on right before it.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Nooooooo!!! How can they cancel Shatner? The bastards!!! I didn't like all of Shit My Dad Says but it had many hilarious moments.

the one thing i hated about Shit My Dad Says, was the sons and the daughter in law. They just brought in Jean Smart, and i thought that was an amazing catch. They just need to rework it. dammmmmmit.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Wall o'text should be outlawed. Paragraphs are everyone's friend.

^ I agree. I am so sick of seeing Nicole Sullivan in every sitcom in existence. She really bugs me for some reason. I loved her on Mad TV, but that was it.

She is such a useless shit stain on the panties of humanity~Bitter's awesome description of K.K

Thread Information