Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: The 15 Biggest Box Office Bombs of 2012

Elite Member

i saw man on a ledge on demand. very bad...but abraham lincoln vampire killer looks good LOL...agree with most people that i havent even heard of some of these

I only watched Battleship... I like the end of the world type movies, especially when there are hot actors to look at. I might watch the Abe Vamp Hunter on demand.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Silver Member

I haven't seen any of these. I made the mistake of reading the Abe Lincoln book, and that was enough for me. Didn't know Henry Cavill had a movie out this year. Guess I'll have to cross my fingers for Man of Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I feel so out of touch with movies lately because I'd only heard of about half of these. I know that among the people I hang out with, no one really goes to see movies in theaters anymore in general because it's gotten so expensive, whereas ten years ago we were there almost every weekend.

I'm the exact same way. I didn't know half of these were coming out. We were at the movies at least every week when I was in high school and most of college. Now, it's extremely rare. Maybe 1-2x a year at most. It's just too expensive. I can buy an entire season of a television show to keep forever for the price of seeing a movie in a theater once with noisy strangers, not able to have my own food, and freeze. Not at all worth it.
    southernbelle likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Battleship was so boringly bad, and I forgot that Rihanna was even in it. (Don't expect her to be popping up in any other movies soon).

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    I'm the exact same way. I didn't know half of these were coming out. We were at the movies at least every week when I was in high school and most of college. Now, it's extremely rare. Maybe 1-2x a year at most. It's just too expensive. I can buy an entire season of a television show to keep forever for the price of seeing a movie in a theater once with noisy strangers, not able to have my own food, and freeze. Not at all worth it.
    Why do they keep these theaters so cold? Surely market research doesn't suggest that freezing people out will make them more inclined to buy a gigantic cup of ice.

Quote Originally Posted by juggernautofsin View Post
    Why do they keep these theaters so cold? Surely market research doesn't suggest that freezing people out will make them more inclined to buy a gigantic cup of ice.
    My guess is they figure if they packed people into a warm, dark room with a movie, half will asleep. I know that's a winning combo for a nap when it comes to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information