Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones on HBO

Default Game of Thrones on HBO

Anyone else watching this? I just started yesterday by catching up on On Demand. There are only three episodes so far. I like it. It definitely keeps your interest. I guess it's based on a series of books, which I have never read so I can't compare.

Yes I'm watching! I love this show. I'm going to order the books as I've read there's a lot more interesting plot and character detail.

Is Jason Momoa the hotness or what?

I love Arya.

and the blond siblings

I'm not to fond of the incest sibs, especially since the sister demanded the wolf dog's death. I loathe her sniveling son. I wonder if his uncle is his father?
    Last edited by bellini; May 5th, 2011 at 11:12 AM.

Love Game of Thrones! My main reason for watching is Sean Bean but I'm crazy about Jason Momoa (Khal Drogo) too. It's just weird to see him do sex scenes since I had only ever seen him in Stargate Atlantis and that was practically a kid show.

I'm getting the books asap because I really want to know more about the story.

Both the Lannisters (the incest sibs) are horrible, Jaimie pushed Bran out a window and also tried to murder him after he survived that. Cersei was complicit in that attack on Bran and demanded poor Lady to be put to death because her gross looking son lost the fight to a freaking girl. Poor Lady, I cried my eyes out in that scene.

I'm almost sure that the Prince (forget his name right now) is pure Lannister. All Cersei's kids are suspiciously blond so my bet is on them being incest babies. If it weren't for Tyrion I'd completely write off all the Lannisters... Tyrion is pure awesomeness! In the scene where he was slapping his disgusting nephew I became his fan for life.

When does this come on?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

HBO on Sunday.

Cersei was complicit in that attack on Bran and demanded poor Lady to be put to death because her gross looking son lost the fight to a freaking girl. Poor Lady, I cried my eyes out in that scene.
    And don't forget the poor ginger boy. They put him to death too.

I adore the books and have been surprised at how much I love this adaptation. The cast is amazing, especially the kid actors.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Love this. They show this in the UK on Sky. Love it.

The actings superb and i credit this to the excellent scriptwriting.

SPOILERS....

I love all the political intrigue. Ep 5 was superb. Ned Strark has dug himself a hole too deep to come out of. He is going nowhere with his daughters now.

I feel sorry for Sansa. All she wants is marriage and babies - but she'll get neither for now. At least she won't be marrying ghastly Joffrey.

Lady Stark is another person is on a road to nowhere. Her big mistake was arresting Tyrion. She has no real proof apart from the knife. What was she thinking? The Lannisters are way to powerful to mess around with.

Ayrs overhearing that conversation was brilliant. So Danys is being betrayed as well. It's a shame that Ayrs couldn't expain what she heard in more detail to her father. BTW - loved that she found an exit to the sea - brilliant.

Didn't expect the Horse beheading...OMG!

Loved the fight scenes.

The conversation between the Eunich and Littlefinger - excellent. I wonder who will betray who first?

Ned has been foolish to trust either of them...to late now. He was also stupid to argue with Robert over Danys. Danys is a political enemy and you kill political enemies in their world.

Tyrions prision - wow. I have a feeling he will escape. I don't want him to go.

Catelyn's sister is mad and her breastfeeding her son at his age. I don't see her or her son surviving. Jaime will be after Catelyn and her sister will pray the price first.

Missed Jon Snow and Danys.

I like most of the characters. I can't warm to Sansa as lets face it she hasn't much to do.

My favourites are: Ayrs, Ned, Tyrion, Jon Snow, Danys, Ser Jorah and Dany's brother. I also like the little boy who got pushed out the window in ep 1.

There was a lot of shocking in that last episode. The horse being decapitated, the ten year old being breast feed, full frontal during a sex scene...oh my!

I love Arys. She is my favorite character.

Regarding Tyrion's prison: Is a big bird coming to eat him? The Queen said "Introduce him to Maud" didn't she? Is that the name of the prison? A big bird would be very cool.

I love the show.

<3 this show so much. My only qualm is a small one, which is to say that if you're going to do a lot of sex scenes, must ALL but one of them be doggy style?

But yeah, other than that, this is awesome.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I've been following the books for years, so I'm really into the show. They've done a great job so far, I'm so pleased with the way the series turned out. Cersei is far more sympathetic in the TV show than in the books; where she is one of the most INFURIATING, evil bitches ever.

The actor playing Littlefinger is so fucking awesome. The character in the book is so great, I can't believe they found someone who plays him so perfectly.

Was the guy who was fighting when Catelyn and her entourage got ambushed supposed to be Bronn?

The description of Tyrion's prison cell made me queasy in the books, I could practically feel myself sliding on the slippery rocks toward the edge.

Need more Jason Momoa fucking scenes!

ETA: oh and I guess we are not being mysterious or subtle about the relationship between The Knight of Flowers and Renly Baratheon in the series! LOL

I am really loving this show! However, I find it hard to follow along at some points. I go back and rewind to really get the progression of the story down. Is it easier if you have read the books? I don't *think* they are killing off Ned, right?

Just don't get to sold on anything being a given. The book series really likes to jump out an bite you.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    Just don't get to sold on anything being a given. The book series really likes to jump out an bite you.
    Cool! I like when the unexpected happens. Can't wait for Sunday!

Thoughts on this ep:

Didn't enjoy it as much as last weeks but it was still good.

Long post - here goes:

- Poor Sansa - still believing that Joffrey is her knight in white shining armour. Just goes to show how lonely, insecure and desperate she is. Can't believe that she is Ned and Catelyn's daughter. I think that Joffrey's mum put him up to apologising. She is up to something.

- Cesei's a political animal - notice her alternative 'version' of Jaime's and Neds fight. Anyone who messes with her does so at their peril.

- Ned as per usual is trying to to do the honourable thing. Doesn't he realise that he's only digging a big hole? He is lucky that he's not under arrest. Only Robert's affection for him is saving him right now. He needs to stop his investigation. Too late i guess. I'm guessing that he suspects that Joffrey and Cesei's other children are not Ned's? He'd better not say anything. Run Ned while you can!

- No Jon Snow :-(

- Tyrion's trial. I love him; hope he survives the entire series. Good to see the slant in his cell and I loved the duel. The mad Queen and her soon were brilliant. However i wonder what will happen to Catelyn now? The Lannisters won't forget this. She is lucky that Tyrion survived.

- Dany's eating the horses heart - gross. I felt very sorry for Verysys; this ep was the first time we saw a vunerable side to him. It's a shame his character had to go. Credit to Harry Lloyd. He went from campy evil to vunerable - brilliant.

- As for Ned's eldest son back in Winterfell. Why get angry at Greyjoy for protecting Bran? Very strange. I didn't get his reaction. As for Greyjoy he seems like a slippery snake to me. My guess is that he will turn on the Starks.

Anyway another good ep. Can't wait for Monday (here in the UK)

- Dany's eating the horses heart - gross. I felt very sorry for Verysys; this ep was the first time we saw a vunerable side to him. It's a shame his character had to go. Credit to Harry Lloyd. He went from campy evil to vunerable - brilliant.
    I didn't feel sorry for Viserys at all. What a loathesome, despicable person he was. And I thought my brothers could be better, I'd hate to have that guy. That said, I'm sad to see him go. He was a great character and the actor who played him did it so well. Horrible way to die, having molten gold poured on your head. The barbarian king has a sense of sadistic humor there.

I can't stand Sansa. Self absorbed little twit. I would chalk it up to age, but had anyone cause the death of a pet of mine at that age, there would be no forgiveness. I wouldn't care if I was going to be a Queen or not. And how can she not see that the creepy prince is totally repulsive? He grosses me out. I'd rather marry his uncle, the imp.
    Last edited by bellini; May 25th, 2011 at 02:43 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information