Thread: Top Chef Masters 3

Elite Member

Default Top Chef Masters 3

Maybe I don't know much about who is supposedly a "master" but there is not one chef on this season who I've heard of before.

I've thought this before -- as the level of Top Chef contestants rise, and they need to start going to 2nd and 3rd tier for Top Chef masters there isn't going to be much of a distinction between the two contests.

fgg

i don't know who is on this season but i am so glad they are replacing the host. that chick got on my nerves.

The first episode was pretty boring. Hope it gets better. I've never heard of even one of the Masters.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

fgg

i watched the episode last night and i was super boring. i had heard of mary sue milikin before and i've seen the lady with the long, dark braids somewhere. they should have ended this series after the last run if they couldn't come up with any more biggies.

The one with the braids was Chef Tio from Food Network's Iron Chef reality show competition thing. Apparently all it takes to be a Top Chef master is to have already competed on another food related reality show.

I actually thought this last episode was better than the first and I was glad to see the unibrow back.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

SVZ

its ok....the host is super gorgeous though.

There's only one I'd even seen before, and I think it was on an Iron Chef.

I'm just watching it for the host. He's fabulous. Glad he's getting a little more famous. He's been around for awhile. He used to do some cooking show where he'd catch people at the store and go home with them and cook. I was always lurking around my grocery store waiting for him to show so I could really take him home, but alas, it never happened. Boo hoo!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Elite Member

After watching the first two episodes, I think that it seems more like Top Chef+ and not Top Chef Masters because there isn't the iconic instant name recognition factor with these chefs and the structure of the contest is like regular Top Chef, except for the "critics" instead of judges. I liked the star rating and the tiered system of the first two runs of this show. There seemed much more reverence for the contestants than there is now.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I have not started this season yet but most of my friends said its boring so far.

fgg

The blogger "critic" drove me insane last episode. She kept saying stuff like "this is too big for an appetizer, i had to cut it". HELLO! It wasn't an amuse or an hors d'oerve (i know i spelled that wrong...). If i got a one bite appetizer i'd demand my money back.
    Posted from my iPhone

This season is a snoozefest. I watch only because Mr. Unibrow Hugh cos he's owns Five & Ten in Athens. Gotta support that!

Have you been there? Love Hugh and I'd love to try his restaurant!

fgg

did anyone else think it was weird when mary sue said she's married to her border grill partner's ex-husband? not only is it strange because they are friends/partners but i thought susan (past top chef master contestant) was a lesbian...

Maybe Susan divorced her ex when she realized she was gay and they remained friendly. That is what I took from it.

Thread Information