Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF? Julianne Moore cast as Sarah Palin in new HBO movie

fgg

Default WTF? Julianne Moore cast as Sarah Palin in new HBO movie

Julianne Moore cast as Sarah Palin in new HBO movie: good casting?

I enjoy politics as a spectator, much as I enjoy celebrity gossip. I used to be much more political, and as the presidential election gears up later this year, I’m sure I’ll be hanging on every manufactured drama. That’s what I like about politics - the real-time drama, the pettiness, the confusion, the battling soundbytes, the scandals, all of the stuff that Washington has in common with Hollywood. I love the drama of it. What I don’t love, however, is “Hollywood versions” of actual political events, although I do make exceptions. For every All The President’s Men, there are five JFKs (Oliver Stone version) and Primary Colors (which, true, was a “fictionalized” story about the Clintons).

What I’m trying to say: it’s too early and too unnecessary to make a movie about the 2008 election. It’s still fresh in people’s minds - we don’t need to see the “Hollywood version” of what happened. But we’re getting it anyway. HBO is turning Mark Halperin and John Heilemann’s bestselling book, Game Change, into what I’m guessing will be a miniseries, not just a TV movie. And they’ve already got the Sarah Palin character cast! It’s Julianne Moore. Ugh.
    JulianneMoore is getting fit for claws — she’s about to play Sarah Palin, the Mama Grizzly herself. HBO Films announced on Wednesday that the actress will take on the role of Sarah Palin in its film adaptation of the 2008 election tell all book, “Game Change,” written by Mark Halperin and John Heilemann. Moore is the first member of the cast, which will feature screen versions of the top players in the election, such as Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and John McCain.

The book spilled deep, sometimes damaging secrets and quotes from the high-tension campaign trail, including Obama and then-running mate Joe Biden’s distant relationship, the Clintons’ original distaste for Obama and the fallout from McCain’s choice of Palin as his Vice Presidential running mate.

In one such story, McCain adviser Steve Schmidt was quoted telling Palin’s foreign policy advisers that, after testing the candidate before a debate, “You guys have a lot of work to do. She doesn’t know anything.”

It will take quite an acting job for Moore to play the role — she’s an outspoken liberal, and backed Obama during the election.
    [From Huffington Post]

It’s being done by the same team who did HBO’s Emmy-winning TV movie Recount, about the 2000 election debacle in Florida. So - at least it’s not being done by hacks, I guess. It’s still too soon. And I’m worried that Kevin Spacey is going to end up cast as John McCain, and everything will be a hot mess. I mean, who would seriously play McCain? They’ll probably go British, don’t you think? Tom Wilkinson, maybe. OOOooh, or Paul Giamatti! Giamatti might be able to pull off McCain really well! And don’t even get me started on who should play the Dems. I can’t imagine casting for Obama will be easy. Hilary Clinton might be easier, though. Maybe they could even get Emma Thompson to do it again.

But seriously, ginger liberal Julianne Moore as Sarah Palin? That must be constructing one incredible Palin wig. Eh. They should have gone with Megan Mullally.

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Julianne Moore cast as Sarah Palin in new HBO movie: good casting?

Oh no. But I guess she could do it, though.

Tina Fey would have done a banging job.

Love J.M and I bet she can pull this off. She's a pretty good character actress.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

On some talk show they did a side by side comparison of the two. Julianne Moore looks so much like Palin. I'd say even better than Tina Fey. Tina is fantastic for comedy, but I think Julianne would be great. Is there even an interesting story here though? The less I hear about any Palin, the better.

I think Julianne will do a great job
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

I hope it's a comedy.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I hope it's a comedy.
    Has to be a tragedy.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Julianne will do a great job and Sarah should count her lucky stars that Julianne will play her.

^^ ya makes my heart sick that someone of Moore's talent is playing Palin. Can't we just overlook that character????

I hope that she does a great job of showing just what an evil cunt Palin really is.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I don't think Moore is doing herself a favor. This is bound to be involuntarily funny.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

fgg

FIRST PHOTO: Julianne Moore As Sarah Palin

Wednesday April 27, 2011 08:35 AM EDT

Donning the trademark eyeglasses and up 'do, Julianne Moore is proving she’s more than all right as former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin.

The The Kids Are All Right actress, 50, has transformed herself into the politician, 47, for the new HBO film, Game Change, which begins production Wednesday.

Costarring Ed Harris as John McCain, the film follows the Arizona U.S. Senator's 2008 presidential campaign from his selection of Palin as a running mate to their defeat in the general election. Woody Harrelson portrays Steve Schmidt, McCain's senior advisor. Lost's Melissa Farman has also been cast as Bristol Palin.

The film, directed by Jay Roach and written by Danny Strong, is based on the bestselling book of the same name. Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman are executive producers.

i can see it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Wow I thought that was sarah! Scary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information