Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Katherine Heigl Replaces Halle Berry in 'New Year's Eve'

Default Katherine Heigl Replaces Halle Berry in 'New Year's Eve'

Katherine Heigl Replaces Halle Berry in 'New Year's Eve'

Published: January 31, 2011 @ 1:18 pm

By Joshua L. Weinstein

Former "Grey's Anatomy" star Katherine Heigl is joining the star-filled romantic comedy "New Year's Eve," TheWrap has confirmed.
    Halle Berry originally had the role opposite John Bon Jovi in the New Line film. It is unclear why Berry left the project. Filming is scheduled to begin in February.
    As previously reported by TheWrap, Josh Duhamel signed on to the movie last week.
    Jessica Biel, Abigail Breslin, Ice Cube, Robert De Niro, Josh Duhamel, Zac Efron, Ashton Kutcher, Seth Meyers, Lea Michele, Sarah Jessica Parker and Michelle Pfeiffer, Hilary Swank and Sofia Vergara also co-star in the romantic comedy about couples and singles whose lives intertwine one New Year's Eve in New York.
    Garry Marshall is directing. Katherine Fugate wrote the screenplay. The movie is scheduled for release on Dec. 9.

Katherine Heigl Replaces Halle Berry in 'New Year's Eve' | TheWrap.com

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

They went from Berry to Heigl? From A-list to what...like C, maybe low B.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quite the hodge-podge of names on that project.

not one 'star' on that list makes me want to pay to see the movie. and with the Hag? wont watch it for free either.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Glad Halle got out of that shitfest, it's much more suited to Heigl.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

Even though Garry Marshall is directing, this WILL be a piece of shit. And what the hell is De Niro doing in it? He probably wants to bang Sofia Vergara.

^^ Sounds just like Garry Marshall's "Valentine's Day." Same concept, different holiday.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I read on I think msnbc.com that she pulled out to fight her ex for custody ... I'll try and find it.

ETA: It's an US Weekly article that was picked up by msnbc.com

So much for their amicable split.

Halle Berry is planning to take ex Gabriel Aubry to court to fight for custody of their two-year-old daughter Nahla. The Oscar winner, 44, even cleared her schedule by pulling out of the star-studded flick, "New Year's Eve," which is set to begin filming in NYC this week. (She's being replaced by Katherine Heigl.)

"Halle Berry was forced to pull out of a film production in New York this week due to pending custody litigation involving her daughter," her rep tells UsMagazine.com in a statement. "She has attempted to resolve these custody issues amicably with her daughter’s father, Gabriel Aubry, directly, but given his lack of cooperation, Halle has no choice but to seek swift judicial intervention."
    Behind her decision to head to court?

"Halle has serious concerns for her daughter's well-being while in the care of her father for any extended period of time and is prepared to take all necessary steps to protect her," her rep adds.
    Though the twosome were often seen cordially co-parenting in the wake of their April split — including a shared trip to Paris — the model, 35, filed papers December 30 asking to be formally recognized as Nahla's father and to establish shared custody. Says her rep, "Halle has always made the needs and safety of her daughter her first priority and, both while Halle and Gabriel were a couple and since their break-up, Halle has only acted in her daughter’s best interest."

Halle Berry fighting ex for custody of daughter - Entertainment - Celebrities - TODAYshow.com

This movie seems like a bitch.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ^^ Sounds just like Garry Marshall's "Valentine's Day." Same concept, different holiday.
    I think it's actually the sequel since Valentine's Day made a profit (how?!?!) but it has a mainly new cast and characters. Definitely will not be seeing it, Valentine's Day was bad enough, like a terrible wannabe Love Actually (LOVE that film!).
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

If Halle was in it, it would more of a shit fest.

I auditioned for the film two weeks ago. No word yet.
    "You can't date your fuck buddy."

Yea, Valentine's Day was a big bust. This does sound like the same thing, but different holiday. So what are they going to do? Hit all the holidays and use hordes of actors for a bunch of shitty films??

Quote Originally Posted by samantha jones View Post
    That's pretty cool. Let us know!

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by samantha jones View Post
    Wow, good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information