Thread: The CW wants you to Catch VD

Default The CW wants you to Catch VD

Wednesday, January 26th 2011
    The CW Wants You To Catch VD

The Simple Life was the last network TV show to openly brag about giving you a down low itch that requires topical cream, so this was a long time coming. The "Catch VD" billboard below is currently infecting Times Square and the ad above will soon be hanging over cities like the stubborn skin of a wart that refuses to be torn off.
    The CW doesn't specifically say what kind of VD you will catch by watching Vampire Diaries, but based on how sweaty the bitches in the cast are, I'm going to go with gonorrhea. They look like they've been up all night furiously scratching at the itch on their b-holes and wiping the discharge from their leaky genitals on their bodies. But The CW thinks I'm crazy (you can stop right there and the sentence will be factual) for conjuring up that image, because they don't mean it like that. Uh huh. When you pull my dick, The CW, make sure you put a rubber glove on first.
    “VD simply stands for Vampire Diaries, and anyone who thinks otherwise should probably get themselves checked out.”
    The next time I get a CDC-mandated check-up, I'm sending the bill to The CW! But seriously, I hope that The CW does the right thing and recycles those billboards by hanging one over Derek Jeter's bed and sticking another one on Parasite Hilton's front gate.
    via EW.com

Posted by: Michael K

DListed.com

This is stupid. They're obviously going for that double entendre...why couldn't they say Watch VD instead? Why would they want to associate themselves with Venereal Disease?

I'd catch VD from Ian any damn day of the week.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

^^ i agree 100%. but this is a stupid campaign and i don't know why they're going for the sexy image either, that's not really VD's appeal ("true blood" is about the sex, VD is more like... a cool twilight version).
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Well how is VD (Venereal Disease not Vampire Diaries) considered sexy anyway? It's like saying Catch STD (if it were an acronym for show) ...it just sounds stupid.

If they're trying to be sexy, VD is not the way of going about it.

I hate that poster of them too, they all look so greasy, it's just a tad overly sexy for the show.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

Thread Information