Thread: Heavy

Default Heavy

Did anyone else catch this last night on A&E?

Each show takes two morbidly obese people and tries to help them change. It's not like The Biggest Loser at all - they're not in competition and by the end of their 6 months, they've still got a lot of weight to lose. I thought it was an interesting view into what motivates people to eat their way to super morbidly obese.

Here's the link to the show's website and the preview:

Heavy - A&E TV

I watched...I was a little disappointed in the show's format. I wish they had followed them longer so we could see more of the change and what they had to deal with. I think a lot of that feeling is because the show's advertising kept stressing "2 complete transformations every week" for the last 2 months or so they've been promoting the show. The changes are fantastic, huge accomplishments, but they are really just great head starts for the subjects-and hopefully they keep it up once the cameras stopped rolling. They definitely aren't talking about complete transformations when the subjects still have so far to go.

However, I did like the people they followed and thought it was interesting otherwise. I set a series recording for it.

I watch it. I felt so sorry for the woman with the toxic mother. Life is hard enough without someone like that in it. I hope she can stick to it.

A similar show I also watch is MTV's "I Used to be Fat". It's the same set up where overweight teens work-out with a trainer. The transformations on the two episodes I've seen have been amazing. But they really killed themselves to do it.

One I've seen that's coming up is a 44 year old woman who admits that she's never had sex and is still a virgin. I can't imagine the kind of nerve it takes to spill your guts about your whole life on national tv in order to get help.

^^I'm so excited to see that episode. I love shows like this, the sadder the person the more I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    One I've seen that's coming up is a 44 year old woman who admits that she's never had sex and is still a virgin. I can't imagine the kind of nerve it takes to spill your guts about your whole life on national tv in order to get help.
    say wha–?? goodness me. I hope her story finally had a happy ending.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    ^^I'm so excited to see that episode. I love shows like this, the sadder the person the more I love it.
    Why?

i watched the episode with the woman that had the mom that complained about her, and the husband from another country. Can't remember her name, but her whining drove me insane.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i watched the episode with the woman that had the mom that complained about her, and the husband from another country. Can't remember her name, but her whining drove me insane.
    Yes, this woman drove me nuts too. She bitched way too much. The guy on the same episode that weighed about 600 pounds had a really positive outlook on things. She should have taken a lesson from him. That being said, her mom was a bitch and at least she kicked her out of the house.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    I couldn't stand her either. You can see the mother's influence on her. Negative and sometimes nasty but she tried to hide it under the veneer of lame humor.

Thread Information