Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Extreme Couponing on TLC

Default Extreme Couponing on TLC

Someone else has to be watching this show. These people are crazy. Not only do they buy all this shit for free, but they buy it all. This lady has 3000 rolls of toiletpaper that it would take her 40 years to use. WTF? She just bought 268 boxes of pasta. Who the fuck eats that much pasta? And it's not like they donate it to charity, they keep it all. It's like Hoarders, but it's not junk. I think they should donate it to charity, it's not like they paid for it.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I've never heard of it but I watch TLC. All that shit with no purpose. You're right though, if they donated it to charity then I would say rock on.

Maybe they should call "Hoarders - coupon division."
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

If you eat 268 boxes of pasta, you're going to need 3000 rolls of toilet paper.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I actually knew someone that did this. Her cupboard were FULL of stuff, I mean some things she'd be like, "I don't even eat that but it was FREE!" OK well donate it then, don't let it sit in your kitchen and go to waste.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Never heard of this shit either, but may have to look into it.

I am all for couponing and getting shit cheap/for free, but HELLO? Pasta has a shelf life.....wtf does she think she's going to do w/it??? Fuck that...uncool. Jeepers, give it AWAY--there are so many people that need it!!!!!

Haha, well actually I don't think a person could ever have enough toilet paper, but....pasta? Doesn't it expire at some point? I wouldn't want to be eating 5 year old pasta anyway.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

A*O

It is a form of hoarding for sure. Some of these people have basements FULL of stuff they have absolutely no use for. To be fair it's neatly stacked and arranged on racking and shelves so they aren't living in total squalor like other hoarders but if the thrill is getting stuff for free then giving it away to worthy causes should be even more rewarding.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

That's sort of my grandparents. Their dryer has food in it, it's hidden in cabinets, drawers, everywhere. I once cleaned out their cabinets and fridge and threw out a bunch of expired food (all the expiration dates were a year past or older) and they got mad at me. It really can get to be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Someone else has to be watching this show. These people are crazy. Not only do they buy all this shit for free, but they buy it all. This lady has 3000 rolls of toiletpaper that it would take her 40 years to use. WTF? She just bought 268 boxes of pasta. Who the fuck eats that much pasta? And it's not like they donate it to charity, they keep it all. It's like Hoarders, but it's not junk. [B]I think they should donate it to charity, it's not like they paid for it.
    The last guy they profiled does give some of it to his local food bank.

^^ I saw that, and that was cool cuz he gave 4000 boxes of Total Cereal to the food bank, and I think he paid a total of $156 for it. But 60 hand sanitizers? 300 toothbrushes? What does he need all that for? Can't he take enough toothbrushes for what he will use?

The middle lady started doing it because she was poor and had no money. But she seemed to by shit she'll use, not to extremes.

But that first lady was nuts. She had a ton of Gatorade, which does have an expiration date. She got 150 candy bars, all for free, which I would have gotten those and gave them out at Halloween. Woulda been the most popular house on the block! But the rest of it is way too excessive.
    Last edited by louiswinthorpe111; January 6th, 2011 at 10:53 AM.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

i keep reading the thread title as 'Extreme Coupling on TLC'
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

What a terribld sickness. This show made me nuts. Its one thing to save but they hoard. Look how many hours they spendi clipping and rfesearching. Its a fulltime job for them and their pay is free groceries. To what expence? They are loonie
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

I caught this show for the first time. Craziness.

One couple spent 5 or 6 hours in the store and made a bunch of their friends come so they could use the coupons (it was one per customer). If you add up all the newspapers, printing, gas, etc. they spend getting the deals I wonder how much it would be.

Right now I am watching an episode which involves a pantry of diapers and no kids....

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i keep reading the thread title as 'Extreme Coupling on TLC'
    That's probably on the fall schedule.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

i just watched last weeks episode. The lady bought 2k of groceries for like 5 bucks. she also had stupid blonde hair with brown underneath, and the most hideous pair of thigh high vinyl boots. she was a joke.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information