Thread: Great news for Lynnie: Absolutely Fabulous set for TV comeback?

Default Great news for Lynnie: Absolutely Fabulous set for TV comeback?

Crack open the Bolly, darling – Absolutely Fabulous is coming back.
    Joanna Lumley has revealed she will be reunited with Jennifer Saunders, 52, in a revival of the hit television sitcom.
    The actress said she was in talks with Miss Saunders – who created the show – to bring back the champagne-guzzling, foul-mouthed, chain-smoking fashionistas for a comeback.

Party time? Edina and Patsy could return to our screens

And even though the characters Edina Monsoon and Patsy Stone would by now probably be pensioners, Miss Lumley said:
    ‘Jen wrote to me and said, “Let’s talk through it. What do you think?” And I said, “Bring it on.” Because we’re all still here.
    More shoes darling? Edwina and Patsy go on one of their extravagant shopping sprees with Edwina's long suffering daughter Saffy
    ‘Mother’s still alive – the wonderful June Whitfield. Julia Sawalha, Jane Horrocks, the basic five Js. We’re all still alive and available – ish – to do it, and I think we just have to do it.’
    The 64-year-old is currently starring on Broadway in the comedy La Bęte.
    The final episode of the BBC show aired on Christmas Day in 2004 after seven successful years, from 1992 to 1996 and then from 2001 to 2004.
    Since then it has continued to be repeated on BBC2 and on satellite channels. The series, affectionately nicknamed Ab Fab, followed the lives of the fashion and fad-obsessed PR women who valued fame and fortune over everything else in their lives – including their families.

They spent most of their time in Edina’s London home in swish Holland Park, where her daughter Saffy, played by Julia Sawalha, and senile mother, played by June Whitfield, would berate them for their childish and outrageous behaviour.
    A revival of the globally successful sitcom would mark a much-anticipated return for Miss Saunders, 52, who has spent the past year undergoing treatment for breast cancer.
    Her husband, comic actor Adrian Edmondson, told the Daily Mail last month that she was still being treated for the disease.
    He said: ‘No one gets the all-clear. The treatment lasts five years and we’re only a year into it.
    ‘The big chemotherapy’s finished and the radiotherapy’s finished. There’s this low-level treatment that carries on for five years, but you know from the beginning of the treatment when it’s going to stop.
    ‘So, there is no battle. I hate the word battle. You just get battered with a load of drugs. People want the words “trauma”, “battle” and “ life-changing”, but it’s not a great three-part TV drama full of moments, it’s a long grind, like a slow car crash that will last five years and then, hopefully, we’ll get out.’
    A spokesman for Miss Saunders said: ‘Though there have been rumours circulating that the show is coming back, Jennifer will not be releasing any statements about it at this time.’

Read more: Absolutely Fabulous back:Joanna Lumley and Jennifer Saunders revive characters | Mail Online

I swear to god I might cry I am so fucking happy right now....

Yessss!
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Please do it. With all four J's.

I was a little scared when I saw the title that it was the US attempt to destroy the show, but I would be so darned happy to see the girls again.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Yea, as long as the original people are involved, I am saying BRING IT BABIES!!!

Santa must have gotten my letter!

It is really cool that Jennifer Saunders has such a kind and devoted husband. He seems beautiful.

And even though the characters Edina Monsoon and Patsy Stone would by now probably be pensioners, Miss Lumley said:
    ‘Jen wrote to me and said, “Let’s talk through it. What do you think?” And I said, “Bring it on.” Because we’re all still here.
    This is why I love Joanna Lumley!

Bring it on indeed!

Better bring it on to BBC America for all of us in the US who love Ab Fab.

We haven’t seen them crack into a bottle of Bolly since they last appeared on our screens in 2004.
    But the dysfunctional and deluded Eddy and Patsy are set to return to our screens with a special episode of Absolutely Fabulous.
    Earlier today Joanna Lumley and Jennifer Saunders were seen stepping into the shoes of the tragic middle aged women filming scenes for the Christmas special.

Shopping up a storm: Joanna Lumley and Jennifer Sunders have reprise their roles as Eddy and Patsy in Absolutely Fabulous

The pair were seen parading up and down Bond Street laden with designer bags from the likes of Louis Vuitton, The Kooples and Lanvin, in the never-ending quest to stay hip and cool.
    Joanna, who plays Patsy, a magazine editor, is sporting her trademark beehive hairstyle with a black furry coat and a pair of stone coloured trousers, which she teams with a pair of nude heels and peaked sunglasses.

Sweetie, darling! The pair were seen filming a special episode shopping in Bond street in London

She's in fashion: The women were seen laden down with designer bags from Lanvin, The Kooples and Louis Vuitton

Meanwhile Jennifer as Eddy had gone bright and bold in a colour blocked pleated dress and a bright red jacket, finished off her look in a white felt hat.
    In their quest to keep up with the latest looks Eddy is seen looking glum as she is refused entry to Stella McCartney’s boutique and stands outside the store looking glum.

That's not for you: Jennifer Saunders was seen pressing herself up to the glass of a Stella McCartney boutique after 'Eddy' was refused entry

Looking glum: The actress was then seen sitting outside the store looking rather annoyed

Eddy even presses right up against the store window desperate to get to the designs inside.
    Another scene depicts the girls having lunch with Patsy proudly showing off her McCartney goods making it appear that she gained entry into the luxury boutique.
    The show became a hit classic when it first aired in 1992 until 1995. Creator Saunders then revived the show in 2001 and it ran for another three series until 2003.
    Mailonline revealed in April that the comedy duo would film three new episodes though the writing genius behind the show, Jennifer Saunders, had yet to come up with a script.
    The new shows will be the first new shows for six years.

Feeling smug: A later scene shows the women enjoying lunch with Patsy proudly displaying her Stella McCartney goods

Read more: Crack open the Bolly! Ab Fab are back and Eddy and Patsy are shopping up a storm filming Christmas special | Mail Online

Yeah!!

It's Lacroix sweetie!!

Can't wait. Must clear the calendar.

Cancel my aromatherapy, my psychotherapy, my reflexology, my osteopath, my homeopath, my naturopath, my crystal reading, my shiatsu, my organic hairdresser.....and see if I can be re-birthed next Thursday afternoon.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

It was only a matter of time before those doyennes of debauchery were back on our screens. Today (August 29), BBC America and the Logo network announced that Absolutely Fabulous would return to American television in three brand-new specials to celebrate the landmark Britcom’s 20th anniversary.

The sleazy, boozy antics of overweight PR exec Edina Monsoon (Jennifer Saunders) and her needle-thin editor mate Patsy Stone (Joanna Lumley) were widely imitated but never bettered. (Talking to you, Cybill Shepherd and Christine Baranski.) The trio of upcoming specials will reunite the aging addicts with their fine supporting cast – Saffy (Julia Sawalha), Eddy’s bookish, priggish daughter; Bubble (Jane Horrocks), Eddy’s addlepated assistant; and of course, Mrs. Monsoon (June Whitfield), Eddy’s cutting and cunning mum.

Show creator and star Jennifer Saunders said in a statement: “We are thrilled to be able to celebrate our 20th birthday with all of the original cast. We hope that, like a good bottle of champagne we have grown better with age but lost none of our sparkle. Viewers in the US have been very kind to the show over the years and we are very happy to return on not one but two U.S. channels at once, BBC AMERICA and Logo. We fully intend to party like it’s 1991. When we started filming in West London, it was like time had stood still. It was raining. Nevertheless we are so happy to be working for an audience that has grown just a tiny bit older, like us, but is still willing to let us fall over on TV in the name of PR.”

No word on when the specials will air, but they will be broadcast on both BBC America and Logo. Both networks are co-producers of the specials.
    ‘Absolutely Fabulous’ is Back, Sweetie Dahling, with New Specials | BBC America - Anglophenia Blog

Love AB Fab so I will be watching this.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Yea, as long as the original people are involved, I am saying BRING IT BABIES!!!

Santa must have gotten my letter!
    Yes!

LOGO has the old epis on all the time, and they never get old no matter how many times I have seen them.

Just watched 'All this and Heaven too'(1940) on AMC early this am(woken up by a thunderstorm), and noticed on the credits that June Whitfield was one of the daughters! So glad she is still around.

*'sleazy and boozy'... they say that like it is a bad thing! lol

Yay!

First "Kath & Kim" announce a movie and now "Ab Fab" is back. Amazing year for comedy!

Thread Information