Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Married to Rock on E!

fgg

Default Married to Rock on E!

i saw a bit about this on E! last night. i'll probably dvr sunday's show to see what it is about (besides 90% plastic women).

Four very different women, one very unique common thread: rocker husbands and boyfriends. To survive the touring, the groupies and the mayhem, they'd better be friends!

Susan Holmes McKagan
    Her Rocker: Duff McKagan
    In 45 RPM: The one with it all
    The LP Version: Raised as the quintessential San Diego beach girl, Susan grew up to become an international supermodel. By the mid 1990s, she was one of the 10 highest paid fashion models in the world and earned millions over the course of her career. Good friends with the likes of Cindy Crawford and Naomi Campbell, Susan has strutted the runway for Valentino, Chanel, Versace, Dolce and Gabbana and Prada among others, and she has graced advertising campaigns for Yves St. Laurent, Fendi, Guess, Revlon, Karl Lagerfeld and Louis Vuitton. In 1997, Susan launched her own line of swimwear, and it has been a global sensation ever since, with Sak's Fifth Avenue, Henri Bendel, and Victoria's Secret all carrying her products. In 1999, she wed Guns-N-Roses bass player Duff McKagan. The couple has two daughters, Grace and Mae. With a life like that, it would make sense that Susan is currently working on her autobiography. Did we mention she has it all? Yeah, we did.

AJ Celi
    Her Rocker: Billy Duffy
    In 45 RPM: The single girl
    The LP Version: AJ was born in upstate New York in 1980. An enthusiastic downhill skier, at the age of 11, AJ wanted to join the USA Olympic ski team–but her father refused to allow her to leave home! The middle child between two brothers (make of that what you will, pop psychologists), she graduated from Hofstra University in 2003 with a degree in Communications. After school, she immediately moved to New York City, where she quickly helped launch many successful nightclubs there and in the Hamptons. She is currently the VIP director of Playhouse Nightclub in Hollywood. She has been dating Billy Duffy, guitarist for the Cult, for three years. AJ tells it like it is, and always tries to get a laugh. Her mother told her she was "destined for something big." Will that be Billy?

Etty Farrell
    Her Rocker: Perry Farrell
    In 45 RPM: She is both artist and manager (of the Farrell household)
    The LP Version: Etty Lau Farrell was born in Hong Kong, and after moving to the United States as a child, she trained as a classical ballerina at the Royal Academy of Dancing, the Pacific Northwest Ballet and the Cornish College of the Arts. At the age of 19, she won a scholarship to The Edge Performing Art Center in Los Angeles, and a professional dancing career quickly followed, with Etty performing alongside Madonna, Eminem, Bon Jovi and Ricky Martin. She met Perry Farrell while dancing on the Jane's Addiction 1997 "Relapse Tour" (she has performed with the band on every tour since), and the two married in June of 2002. They have two sons together, Hezron and Izzadore. Not only does she choreograph and coordinate all the dancers for Jane's Addiction, but she also manages to assist Perry's role as the creator of Lollapalooza and helps write her own songs for PerryEtty. Don't let her fool you with her "sex-kitten" ways as she performs in front of tens of thousands of people; to say that Etty is outspoken and direct pretty much says it all. There, we said it.

Josie Stevens
    Her Rocker: Steve Stevens
    In 45 RPM: The classic rocker chick
    The LP Version: If Chicago-born Josie looks familiar, maybe it's because she's been on a slew of magazine covers, posed within the pages of Playboy, sat for a variety of "pin-up" artists and modeled for a bunch of video game characters. She's had a steady and successful career as a hair stylist and make-up artist, working on Cinemax film projects, album covers and posters. Josie married famed guitarist Steve Stevens in December of 2008, after eight years of dating. (She does hair and make-up for all of his tours and appearances.) Josie has a line of clothing and is soon launching a line of candles. She "owns" the idea of presenting herself to the world as the quintessential rock 'n' roll female, and she makes no bones about it. Always upbeat Josie creates fun wherever she goes. Self-described as "smarter than she looks," this good-time gal with a heart of gold is always the life of the party. One thing she really, really wants: a pink car. We have a hunch she'll get one.

Married to Rock | E! Online

i couldn't get their pics to post

They all look like exactly the same person

Other than Duff McKagan, I don't even know who the "rockers" are! These women are all so cliche'.

They're definitely all rockers in their own right..Billy Duffy and Steve Stevens have been around forever (The Cult and Billy Idol). Plus, Perry Farrell IS Jane's Addiction. Still, what a nasty group of women.

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    They all look like exactly the same
    person
    Let's see: Fake blonde hair, fake tig ol' bitties, overall trashy looking...check!
    Rock the fuck on!

I saw an episode of this last night.

Say what you will but sounds like they all have careers outside of their marriages and successful ones at that.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Say what you will but sounds like they all have careers outside of their marriages and successful ones at that.
    Indeed, and kudos to them for that. But I'd possibly be more inclined to be nice if that picture of them together didn't look like the cover of a Build Your Own Groupie Skank kit.

Anyway, what's the theme tune for the show? I'd suggest this:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzUPG8olnO0&ob=nb_av2e[/YOUTUBE]
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Indeed, and kudos to them for that. But I'd possibly be more inclined to be nice if that picture of them together didn't look like the cover of a Build Your Own Groupie Skank kit.

Anyway, what's the theme tune for the show? I'd suggest this:

[youtube]bzUPG8olnO0[/youtube]

"Build Your Own Groupie Skank kit".

That song is soooo appropriate!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

lol this show is so crazy and stupid but i like it

but yeah i dont know who any of them are either except perry ferrell

i really did not wanna like this show, but i'm hooked after i realized that Susan Holmes is married to Duff......sigh.......
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

I caught 3 episodes yesterday, including Josie's wedding...It's pretty funny.

I've always had a soft spot for Perry since I was young, so I love watching him but don't care for Etty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I crushed on Duff back in the late 80s/early 90s.

I don't think I'll watch, though. Two seasons worth of Rock of Love skankishness filled my quota for this century
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

fgg

lola - this is nothing like rock of love. i actually like all of these girls.

i loved josie's entrance for her wedding!

I think Etty is a bossy, domineering, lording-it-over-everyone BIATCH! there, I said it! Making poor josie cry. oh and AJ talking about proposing to billy... ewww that is going to sting!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information