Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Does anyone watch the Show Inuyasha?

  1. #1
    Bronze Member fbwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    116

    Question Does anyone watch the Show Inuyasha?

    Hey, does anyone here watch Inuyasha? It was cancelled a few years ago, but I still love to watch the re-runs of it. I have even seen the first movies of it, but I don't think that they should have cancelled the show. I especially love the part where everytime Inuyasha makes Kagome angry, she always tells him to sit. That's the best part to me. So, does anyone else watch this show?

  2. #2
    Silver Member marvel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    490

    Default Re: Does anyone watch the Show Inuyasha?

    If it's what I'm thinking of it's on cartoon network. It's a cartoon right? My son watches but I do not get it at all and he is only 6. I don't know how he understands it.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator NoDayButToday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    14,272

    Default Re: Does anyone watch the Show Inuyasha?

    My boyfriend and best friend are really into it (especially my best friend) and keep trying to get me to like it too. I've watched it with the bf a few times and I was lost. My best friend pulled out her DVDs of the first few episodes and I understood more, but I also didn't have a huge drive to see the rest.

    The only anime that I've seen that gave me a drive to see the rest was Full Metal Alchemist. I saw the first episode on Cartoon Network with the boyfriend, then begged his best friend to make me a copy of the series (since he had bootleg copies from Japan that were subtitled-which I liked better then Cartoon Network's dubbing). LOVED it, I watched the whole thing in under a week.

  4. #4
    Bronze Member fbwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    116

    Talking Re: Does anyone watch the Show Inuyasha?

    Quote Originally Posted by marvel
    If it's what I'm thinking of it's on cartoon network. It's a cartoon right? My son watches but I do not get it at all and he is only 6. I don't know how he understands it.
    Yes, it's a cartoon, and it's defitnately my favourite show. It's basically about a demon Inuyasha, and a young 15 yr old named Kagome. Apprently her family has a well in this little house that transports her to a different Japanese era... It's quite long of how they meet, but I think it's a entresting show actually. At first I thought Inuyasha looked rediculous, because he's half human, and half-dog! But, I have to admit that he does look adorable with dog ears... he looks like an Eskimo, or Husky. I although watch it on YTV.

    Thanks for replying to my post.

    Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday
    My boyfriend and best friend are really into it (especially my best friend) and keep trying to get me to like it too. I've watched it with the bf a few times and I was lost. My best friend pulled out her DVDs of the first few episodes and I understood more, but I also didn't have a huge drive to see the rest.

    The only anime that I've seen that gave me a drive to see the rest was Full Metal Alchemist. I saw the first episode on Cartoon Network with the boyfriend, then begged his best friend to make me a copy of the series (since he had bootleg copies from Japan that were subtitled-which I liked better then Cartoon Network's dubbing). LOVED it, I watched the whole thing in under a week.
    That's funny! I'm trying to convince my friends to watch it, but they say they aren't interested because it's like Final Destination! This show is nothing like that! Anyways, when I first saw this I thought the whole Inuyasha being a half-dog, and half-human, very odd, but funny.

    I have never watched Full Metal Alchemist. I haven't even heard of it either sorry, but maybe it's like this T.V show, right? Because anything that's like this show then maybe I will be interested in watching!

    I can't those stupid subtitles! I can't watch the show, and read what they are writing! Very annoying for me! If your interested in this show then you should watch the 4 Inuyasha movies!

    I have a link for the first movie, but it's in freaking Subtitles!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEjpE...uyasha%20movie

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hojq...uyasha%20movie

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxoFp...uyasha%20movie

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bzkn...uyasha%20movie

    BTW, there's 4 parts to them, and they are pretty long!

  5. #5
    Super Moderator NoDayButToday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    14,272

    Default Re: Does anyone watch the Show Inuyasha?

    FMA is futuristic and more sciency. It's very cool. The IMDB summary says: "Edward Elric and his younger brother Alphonse were living quite happily with their mother... until she died. So Edward and Alphonse decided to try to raise her from the dead. The resurrection failed, leaving Edward without an arm and a leg and Alphonse's soul attached to a suit of armor. Now they roam around the country trying to find a way to restore their bodies." I managed to get most of my friends to fall in love with it too.

    I prefer to hear the japanese voices, I don't mind reading the subtitles. I also prefer watching foreign films with subtitles than seeing the dubbed version. To me it loses something when you alter the original actors with the new voices. Plus the dubbed voices never seems to actually fit with the way I think the character should sound.

  6. #6
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,312

    Default Re: Does anyone watch the Show Inuyasha?

    Hubby and I watched Inuyasha when they first started playing it on Adult Swim but the problem with Cartoon Network is that they edit poorly and heavily. When Adult Swim started, we were excited because it was still hard to find copies of the stuff that hubby enjoyed watching without paying a fortune for it. As we watched, he started noticing that episodes were missing, bikinis were drawn on, blood removed and so on. After that he started getting downloads from different groups online. We now have tons of stuff on hubby's computer that are fan dubs. They do a much better job than the so called professional companies. I haven't had a chance to watch Full Metal Alchemist yet, I know he has that one and really liked it. I really liked Full Metal Panic but I haven't had a chance to watch the second two series of it. Chobits and Aiyoriaoshi were some of my favorites to watch while pregnant. I liked Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop and several of the Tenchi series that were played on Cartoon Network also.

    Speaking of kids watching some of these, I remember reading a review from a parent online. Apparently, he had ordered the Tenchi Muyo series for his kids and was shocked to find that the characters were naked, drunk and liked to cuss. He didn't realize how much of the content was different between the CN version and the full version that he thought was the better deal and was angry that there wasn't a parental warning on the box.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

  7. #7
    Bronze Member fbwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    116

    Default Re: Does anyone watch the Show Inuyasha?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday
    FMA is futuristic and more sciency. It's very cool. The IMDB summary says: "Edward Elric and his younger brother Alphonse were living quite happily with their mother... until she died. So Edward and Alphonse decided to try to raise her from the dead. The resurrection failed, leaving Edward without an arm and a leg and Alphonse's soul attached to a suit of armor. Now they roam around the country trying to find a way to restore their bodies." I managed to get most of my friends to fall in love with it too.

    I prefer to hear the japanese voices, I don't mind reading the subtitles. I also prefer watching foreign films with subtitles than seeing the dubbed version. To me it loses something when you alter the original actors with the new voices. Plus the dubbed voices never seems to actually fit with the way I think the character should sound.
    Wow, FMA sounds quite creepy. How do they restore there bodies, when they loose them? Do they kill other people to replace what missing bodies that they lost? I hope that they have this show on YTV, because I don't have Cartoon Network.

    I know what you mean about the watching foreign films with subtitles. Like for an example, one foreign film that I love watching is Amellie(Spelling?), and if they had actors that could talk english, replace the orginal people who did the movie, it wouldn't be so enjoyable for me to watch, but for cartoon characters that are from Japan, I would rather watch the show, and understand what they are saying. Subtitles do bother me a lot, when it comes to Cartoons.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator NoDayButToday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    14,272

    Default Re: Does anyone watch the Show Inuyasha?

    I don't think it's creepy, I think its really cool. And the questions you asked are plot points, so I can't reveal them, don't wanna spoil people

  9. #9
    Bronze Member fbwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    116

    Default Re: Does anyone watch the Show Inuyasha?

    Quote Originally Posted by mklady
    Hubby and I watched Inuyasha when they first started playing it on Adult Swim but the problem with Cartoon Network is that they edit poorly and heavily. When Adult Swim started, we were excited because it was still hard to find copies of the stuff that hubby enjoyed watching without paying a fortune for it. As we watched, he started noticing that episodes were missing, bikinis were drawn on, blood removed and so on. After that he started getting downloads from different groups online. We now have tons of stuff on hubby's computer that are fan dubs. They do a much better job than the so called professional companies. I haven't had a chance to watch Full Metal Alchemist yet, I know he has that one and really liked it. I really liked Full Metal Panic but I haven't had a chance to watch the second two series of it. Chobits and Aiyoriaoshi were some of my favorites to watch while pregnant. I liked Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop and several of the Tenchi series that were played on Cartoon Network also.

    Speaking of kids watching some of these, I remember reading a review from a parent online. Apparently, he had ordered the Tenchi Muyo series for his kids and was shocked to find that the characters were naked, drunk and liked to cuss. He didn't realize how much of the content was different between the CN version and the full version that he thought was the better deal and was angry that there wasn't a parental warning on the box.
    I saw the first episode of "Inuyasha" on Youtube.com, because on YTV they edited mostly eveything, so there was a lot that didn't make sense to me. Like when Inuyasha was arrowed to the tree they didn't show why he was there.

    Tenchi Muyo series? I haven't heard of those before, but about the parental warnings... hmmm... usaully companies don't specifically say what their programings are rated, because they want kids to watch them more, because they are the ones that seem more interested in these types of things.

    It's always a good thing to see those shows yourself to see what exactly is on the programs.

    Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday
    I don't think it's creepy, I think its really cool. And the questions you asked are plot points, so I can't reveal them, don't wanna spoil people
    The thought of two people with missing body parts creep me out a bit, but I hope that they actually do get their body parts back, or they get new ones. Can you atleast tell me that they get their body parts back... so I can have my mind at ease. Please? You don't even have to tell me whole entire plot, but just a little detail on this....

    I also wanted to ask you if you have seen the "Inuysha" movies before, and if you have?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Child watches dad kill mom, then himself
    By teforde23 in forum Crime and Punishment
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: April 21st, 2013, 07:02 AM
  2. What do gays watch on TV?
    By peekaboo in forum Television and Movies
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: May 22nd, 2007, 06:07 PM
  3. Anybody here watch Huff?
    By pacific breeze in forum Television and Movies
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: July 25th, 2006, 08:48 PM
  4. Would you let this guy watch your children?
    By AliceInWonderland in forum Laughs and Oddities
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: December 12th, 2005, 06:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •