Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue Valentine Trailer

Default Blue Valentine Trailer

Blue Valentine trailers and video clips on Yahoo! Movies

I'm sooo excited to see this movie.

I'm glad I saw it and I need to see again to decide if I liked it. Strange as that may be, I'm just not sure yet. Either it as to settle in or it just didn't go as deep as I had expected.

It may have to do with Michelle Williams because I just wasn't feeling her. She was good, but sported one expression and she does not have a face for close ups. Sort of like the way I felt about Kate Winslet in Revolutionary Road. I wanted to recast a 25 year old Ellen Barkin in her role and have Ang Lee or Sam Mendes direct it.

Ryan Gosling was superb. He's a method actor like his 1970's predecessor's. He's a character actor/leading man and he's got an acting style of his own. They even used the method when the actors speak at the same time. It worked. He reminded me of Brando, James Dean and Dustin Hoffman - but I don't know why! Sometimes the camera caught him looking beautiful and classically handsome, sometimes rough and not pretty at all.

Interesting story and a good vehicle for them. (They co-produced it). I felt they didn't have chemistry but I'd like to hear what others think. I wasn't moved or caught up, but I enjoyed watching Ryan act. Yes, there was nudity and sex.

I want to see this. What was the NC-17 rating about? What was the scene about that made them give it that rating?

That hard rating was because he went down on her and they actually showed a **gasp!** female orgasm.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    That hard rating was because he went down on her and they actually showed a **gasp!** female orgasm.
    Give me a fucking break. (Pardon the pun).
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post

Wow. How lame. Like there aren't orgasms in urry other movie.

Ryan is so sex.

But it seemed so real! Like those dinosaurs at the ratings board have ever actually seen a real female orgasm. Whatevs. They reversed it on appeal and the scene is still in the movie.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I wanted to be delicate but you all wanted to hear about the sex. I remember Jane Fonda's onscreen orgasm from Coming Home. Jon Voight did that one. I was a teenager and was like oh my!

Maybe we're all so desensitized or maybe, again, it was their non chemistry but Ryan went down there and it was as exciting as peeling an orange.

^ I remember that scene! Loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I wanted to be delicate but you all wanted to hear about the sex. I remember Jane Fonda's onscreen orgasm from Coming Home. Jon Voight did that one. I was a teenager and was like oh my!

Maybe we're all so desensitized or maybe, again, it was their non chemistry but Ryan went down there and it was as exciting as peeling an orange.
    well, you can't be a true ryan lover then, because it sure was exciting for me.

but i agree with everything else you said. ryan's acting was outstanding, as always, but i didn't really like michelle in it. i actually never really like her in any movie. i just don't think she's such a great actress as she's portrayed to be. the only scene that got to me was when they're fighting in the doctor's office, other than that she wasn't convincing. i feel like he had chemistry with her, but she didn't have any with him, if that makes any sense (it doesn't).
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

I am a true Ryan lover! I carry a laminated card!

I agree with you too, Stef about him having chemistry with her but her not with him. Great analysis. Makes me think of when he was singing and
    playing to her - the audience around me was giggling and totally charmed.

Gosling created chemistry with a blow up doll, so Michelle must really suck if she can't keep up with that.

fgg

gosling has chemistry with me even though we've never met. he's one talented mofo!

Silver Member

I've been about 40 minutes into this movie for a couple of days now and I am not feeling it. At all. Too slow. Don't care for the method acting. Don't feel involved with the characters. I loved Gosling in "Murder by Numbers" but I don't like him playing lower-middle class Joe.
    Posted from my iPhone

the film was very long with not alot happening but its very realistic about how relationships fizzle out. I definitely felt for 'dean'.. great acting by both in my opinion, but have to give extra credit to Ryan he truly is a fantastic actor and always brings so much to his roles.. I hope he has alot of success in the futureand he deserves a damn oscar one of these days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information