Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 16 Kids & Moving In (The Duggar Clan)

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Default 16 Kids & Moving In (The Duggar Clan)

For those of you last night in chat I was telling about this freakish Discovery Health channel series of documentaries I found out that they are reshowing Friday night's episode on TLC tonight at 8 & 11 pm est.

It's your chance to see the biggest most bizarre fundie family in America undereducate their kids, let 8 year old kids weld and roof a house, eat lots of processed food on styrofoam plates, and other incredibly weird behaviors including what has to be the most pathetically tuneless rendering of musical classics by kids. These people are a cult onto themselves with Momma spitting out a new kid every 18 months or so.

And for those of you who don't have a clue what I'm babbling about all excited here's a link to the Duggar family website - http://www.duggarfamily.com/ and bizarre Fundie-approved swimwear - http://www.wholesomewear.com/page-4.html and clothing with the official Duggar stamp of approval - http://www.modestapparelchristianclo...tomsewing.com/

Grimm you're always ranting about evil conservy fundies so I'm thinking you're just going to absolutey HATE these people. And the dad is a politician...

Default Re: 16 Kids & Moving In (The Duggar Clan)

I've seen the other special on this family at least 3 times--I am OBSESSED with them. HOW and WHY in gods name would you have that many children? And the thing is, they SEEM fairly organized and I DONT GET IT!!!

Did they move into their new home?? The last special they were building it..and making Tater Tot Casserole. EECK!

This is a must watch for everyone.

They did indeed move into their new home. Tonight's special deals with them trying to finish up the place by having the 8 to 17 year old group weld, use power painters and other dangerous tasks not OSHA approved for kids. TLC jumped in to finish the place and buy them all new furniture. What's also disturbing about this special is that the religious aspect and all around weirdness is downplayed and they're seen actually feeding the kids fresh fruits and veggies as well as that tater tot casserole.

Funny how easy it is to become completely obsessional about the Duggars. We are here too!

Wednesday they're going to run a special on their child raising tips..

Wow, fresh fruits AND veggies?? Get out!!!

I hate to admit this, but it appears that the kids are fairly well behaved (though it's obvious it's through brainwashing) and cooperative.

What's with all the 'J' names too?? They're running out of them aren't they?

And did you ever hear Jim Bob say what it was like to have sex w/the wife after all these kids(I forget her name)?? He said it was like 'throwing a hotdog down a hallway'. I laughed my ass off when I heard that......NICE.
    Well gosh, have a few more dozen kids and see what it's like then!!

You cannot help but be amazed completely by these idiots....

Just read part of the article describing their 'daily routine'. What really bothered me-besides the fact that these people thought there was a need for this many kids-was the fact that the 13 year old daughter cooks breakfast for how many kids? 13? 16? That's a lot of cooking for a young child. The 14 year old cooks dinner for them-
    I worked in a daycare cooking for kids, and let me tell you, that was chore! It was never ending!
    Why can't moma and daddy cook for their brood? Are they off trying to add to the clan?
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

I am surprised they would waste their money on styrofoam plates.

And those swimsuits are such a steal.

dammit, I wish I had TLC! I wanna see these people in real life, not just the website. I do remember talking about them before Gator, right after the last kid was born....is she preggo again or has she had another since?
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Yea--I thought they had 18 now, or was it 17??? TOO FREAKING MANY ANYWAY!

The mom's name is Michelle. I personally find it amazing that with that many kids they are well behaved(something missing from kids now a days) and the household is very organized. It has to be with that many kids.
    I personally couldnt handle but maybe having two kids but that is me and I say if it is working for them more power to them.
    I did watch the show on Saturday, twice. It was really good that the kids were learning stuff and contributing.
    What did surprise me was Michelle, the mom, said she wanted more kids. How can you afford it now and Im wondering what is the point of having so many kids? If their religion does not allow them to use any birth control methods there is the rhythm method, right?

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by chuckpony
    I am surprised they would waste their money on styrofoam plates.

And those swimsuits are such a steal.
    why styrofoam? those bastards are killing the planet, ie god's work

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ
    why styrofoam? those bastards are killing the planet, ie god's work

Because you don't actually have to wash styrofoam. Perhaps now that they have an industrial grade dishwasher they'll actually buy and use real plates.

They are definitely fascinating, but I kinda hate that they're getting all this attention & financial assistance. It's like they're getting rewarded for overbreeding & wearing ugly clothing.

They're getting rewarded for treating Momma's uterus like a clown car at the circus.

You Canadian folks are in luck. Your TLC is showing the original scary very fundie "14 Kids & Pregnant" followed by "16 Kids & Moving" tonight. We have to write some sort of drinking game to go with this show.

Pasting in my comments from another site on this silly show.

I kept thinking as I was watching that this is like some big cults version of Star Jones wedding with all the freebies and help.

We were never shown where they will be holding the Church of the Basement or where the Church of the Holy Basement will be stockpiling their weapons by exercising their second amendment rights.

Dollars to doughnuts at some point in the future we're going to see these kids on television or selling a tell-all book about the hell it was growing up a number in a cult. No way they're not going to turn out warped as hell, future Jerry Springer guests. I can just see it now -

*sniff, sniff* "And they fed us tater tots all the time. I cain't even looks at a spud now. My doctor says I have control issues 'cuz momma wouldn't let us own anything and my socks were kept in a bin in the laundry room." Camera pans over to another Duggerette who looks at the camera with a scary grimace to say, "Whenever I hears some screechy violin music mah head hurts real bad, I wet my pants and forget where I am and somebody gets hurtin' real bad like." As crowd starts to chant "Jer-Ree, Jer-Ree" the camera shot moves to a gal in a potato sack with a vacent expression murmuring, "Gotta get pregnant, gotta get more horizontal fellowship, or, or, or there'll be sin in the house.." while someone else nods out on smack.

drinking game to go with this show
    EXCELLENT IDEA.

You know there has to be other families like this out there. Just were are there I wonder? MMMMMMm

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information