Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sister Wives on TLC

fgg

Default Sister Wives on TLC

About the Show:

Meet husband Kody — along with his three wives: Meri, Janelle and Christine and their combined 13 children — and see how they attempt to navigate life as a "normal" family in a society that shuns their lifestyle. From their unconventional family structure and living arrangements to financial challenges, each half hour episode exposes the inner workings of a polygamist household, revealing the unexpectedly tight-knit and loving relationships between Kody's wives.

Sister Wives also captures the intense dynamics surrounding a man juggling three wives while attempting to keep it a secret from the outside world — but the general public is not the only challenge that the Brown family unit is facing. The series begins with Kody announcing plans to take on another wife and her three kids — and although expected, the news is met with mixed feelings. Meri, Janelle and Christine were married before starting families so all of the children grew up as siblings. And for sixteen years, the Sister Wives have established their own role within the group and worked together to maintain a cohesive, loving unit. Bringing on a fourth wife could easily disrupt the balance, changing lives forever. The series chronicles the growing pains as Robyn and her kids assimilate into the family and the sister wives work through the insecurities and uncertainties that are inevitable to their chosen way of life.

Sister Wives : TLC

did anyone watch this? i saw the first episode and it was really interesting but also kind of creepy.

i was hoping they would address how these people are all supported and how they have insurance. does he claim the pregnant wife for insurance purposes, the one with the most kids or his first wife? are the others getting federal assistance? only one of the wives has a job outside of the home.

fgg

Police Investigating Sister Wives Stars for Felony Bigamy

By Mike Fleeman
    Monday September 27, 2010 10:00 PM EDT

The stars of TLC's new show Sister Wives are under police investigation in Utah for a possible charge of felony bigamy.

Police in Lehi, Utah, said Monday they began looking into salesman Kody Brown and his four wives before the show premiered Sunday.

"At the conclusion of the investigation, the evidence will be forwarded to the Utah County Attorney's Office for review and possible prosecution," says Lt. Darren Paul.

Police acknowledged that publicity over the show's announcement prompted the case. Bigamy is a third-degree felony in Utah but is rarely investigated.

Brown and his wives Meri, Janelle, Christine and Robyn have 13 children and three stepchildren. They say they will lead a lifestyle that they want, even if it means breaking away from tradition

"If we raise productive, contributing members of society who are moral and ethical, that's our final goal, whatever their path is," says Janelle, 40, who has six children with Kody.

One reality show I have no interest in watching.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Fuck TLC and their continuing parade of freaks.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

starting to hate TLC and their cheap shows

i love a good crappy reality show, but this one does nothing but piss me off. this guy seems cocky, and the only reason he has all these women is the non stop sex. at least thats MY opinion. i won't watch it.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Ive seen enough of them making the talk show circuits. I have zero interest, wont be watching this one...yawwwwn
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yuck.

But beyond that if the marriage is rleigious only and not legal then whoc ares how many wives he has?

I watched it and found it interesting. I can't wait to see how the wives handle a younger, cuter wife being brought in (hahaha). But I'm sure they'll just "talk themselves out of the jealousy". yeah, right.

they're all adults and can do what they want - although it must be weird for kids raised in that environment. that said, these women are idiots. the only reason he's taking a new wife is because he's tired of your fat asses and wants a young little thing with a tighter vagina and these dumb cows are delusional if they can't see that for what it is. and even more retarded if they do but are accepting of it.

so yeah, people can do what they want but it's the blatant sexism that bugs me more than the polyamorous part.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I think I would watch it. When is it on?

fgg

sundays at 10 pm on tlc

Thanks!

We never see a lady with a bunch of husbands
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    We never see a lady with a bunch of husbands
    That's my main beef with polygamy - I wouldn't care what people do in their private lives so long as the women could also set up a stable of studs as husbands.

But how is polygamy supposed to even work when approximately half the people in the world are men? It would be awesome if all the guys who are missing out on meeting and marrying wives start lobbying for same sex marriage on the basis that there aren't enough women left because the polygamists are hoarding them.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information