Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Fall 2010 shows

fgg

Default New Fall 2010 shows

Some of the new shows:

The Event

The Event
    9/8c NBC
    The series premiere of this conspiracy-thriller, which mixes in sci-fi and other elements as well, sets everything in motion when everyman Sean Walker (Jason Ritter) goes in search of his girlfriend (Sarah Roemer), who disappeared from their Caribbean cruise, only to uncover a secret that could change mankind forever — if he lives to tell about it. Meanwhile, the president (Blair Underwood) is intent on releasing a group of mysterious detainees. There's just a matter of that plane barreling toward him.... — Jeff Gemmill

Lone Star
    9/8c Fox
    In the series premiere of this promising drama, James Wolk plays Bob Allen, a con man leading a double life. Half the time, he lives with Lindsay (Eloise Mumford) in the suburbs of west Texas and poses as a model citizen — who's made his money selling the residents of his community shares of a phony oil well. The rest of the time, he lives in Houston and is married to the daughter of a wealthy oil tycoon (Jon Voight), whose company is the target of a lucrative con that Allen and his father have been planning for a long time. But Allen has become guilt ridden and adrift from the years of playacting, and he hatches a dangerous scheme to go legitimate as an oilman, pay back those he's conned and stay faithful to both of the women in his life. — Jack Rodgers

Hawaii Five-0
    10/9c CBS
    Alex O'Loughlin stars as Steve McGarrett, the iconic role made famous by Jack Lord, in this high-energy reboot of the classic crime series. Fans of the original and fans of top-notch action-adventure storytelling will find much to like in this contemporary take. In the opener, McGarrett, a decorated naval officer, is recruited by Hawaii's governor (Jean Smart) to head up a new elite task force that answers directly to her. Of course, McGarrett accepts and begins to build his team. Their first case: find the man responsible for murdering Steve's father. — Tim Holland

Mike & Molly
    9:30/8:30c CBS
    Melissa McCarthy and comedian Billy Gardell are charming and real as the stars of this sitcom, which tells the tale of a teacher and police officer trying hard to lose weight — and then falling in love. In the opener, teacher Molly meets officer Mike Biggs at an Overeaters Anonymous meeting and invites him to speak to her fourth-grade class. Rounding out the stellar cast is Mike's infectiously upbeat partner, played by Reno Wilson, and Molly's voluptuous sister and slightly ditsy mom, played by Katy Mixon and Swoosie Kurtz, respectively. — Bill Ecklund

Better with You (ABC)
    Premieres:
    Wednesday, Sept. 22, 8:30/7:30c

Sisters Maddie (Jennifer Finnigan), a high-strung attorney, and Mia (Privileged's JoAnna Garcia), a free-spirited "inventor," are fundamentally different. Maddie lives with, but has not married, Ben (Josh Cooke), her boyfriend of nine years. "It's a valid life choice," she repeats throughout the pilot. Mia, on the other hand, has just agreed to marry Casey (Jake Lacy), her boyfriend of seven-and-a-half weeks. Kurt Fuller and Debra Jo Rupp play the girls' quirky parents.

Blue Bloods (CBS)
    Premieres:
    Friday, Sept. 24 at 10/9c

Crime-fighting meets family squabbling in this procedural about the Reagans, a multigenerational clan of New York cops. Frank (Tom Selleck), is the chief of police, just like his dad was. Frank's eldest son, Danny (Donnie Wahlberg), is a gruff detective and Iraq War vet; his youngest son, Jamie (Will Estes) is a rookie cop fresh out of the academy. Bridget Moynahan rounds out the testosterone-heavy cast as Frank's daughter, Erin, an assistant district attorney and single mom.

Boardwalk Empire (HBO)
    Premieres:
    Sunday, Sept. 19, 9/8c

Steve Buscemi stars as Enoch "Nucky" Thompson, a corrupt politician in 1920s Atlantic City. Michael Pitt, Kelly Macdonald and Gretchen Mol co-star. Among the show's executive producers are Terence Winter (The Sopranos) and Martin Scorsese, who directed the pilot.

Body of Proof (ABC)
    Premieres:
    TBD, Fridays at 9/8c

Dr. Megan Hunt (Desperate Housewives' Dana Delany) plays a feisty neurosurgeon whose career ends after a car accident. She takes a job as a medical examiner in Philadelphia, where she helps cops solve murders by "reading the body."

Chase (NBC)
    Premieres:
    Monday, Sept. 20 at 10/9c

Kelli Giddish stars as a tough-talkin' U.S. marshal in this adrenalized action series from Jerry Bruckheimer.

The Defenders (CBS)
    Premieres:
    Wednesday, Sept. 22 at 10/9c

Nick Morelli (Jim Belushi) and Pete Kaczmarek (Jerry O'Connell) are colorful Las Vegas defense attorneys who risk it all for their clients in this legal dramedy (think Boston Legal). Co-starring Tanya Fischer as the firm's colorful assistant, Sophie, and Jurnee Smollett as Lisa Tyler, a new associate who paid his law-school tuition by stripping.

Detroit 1-8-7 (ABC)
    Premieres:
    Tuesday, Sept. 21 at 10/9c

Michael Imperioli stars as a respected but misunderstood homicide detective. In the style of Southland, the show follows the cops as they police the streets of Detroit, the city with the country's highest murder rate. Jon Michael Hill, James McDaniel, Aisha Hinds and Natalie Martinez also star.

Facing Kate (USA)
    Premieres:
    TBD

Sarah Shahi (Life) stars as the titular Kate Reed, a talented litigator who, tired of unjust bureaucracy, becomes a mediator, aka the anti-lawyer. While Kate settles everyone else's affairs, her own life is complicated by entanglements with her newly widowed stepmother/boss (Virginia Williams) and her ex-husband (Battlestar Galactica's Michael Trucco).

Franklin & Bash (TNT)
    Premieres:
    TBD

Jared Franklin (Breckin Meyer) and Steven Bash (Mark-Paul Gosselaar) are ambulance chasers who create a stir when they join a white-shoe law firm. Malcolm McDowell plays their buttoned-up boss.

Hellcats (CW)
    Premieres:
    Wednesday, Sept. 8, 9/8c

Marti Perkins (Aly Michalka) wants to go to law school, but she's flat broke. So the amateur dancer reluctantly applies for a cheerleading scholarship to help pay her tuition. Ashley Tisdale (the High School Musical flicks) co-stars as Marti's prim roommate Savannah. Smallville's Tom Welling executive-produces.

Outsourced (NBC)
    Premieres:
    Thursday, Sept. 23 at 9:30/8:30c

An American (newcomer Ben Rappaport) moves to India to run a call center for a novelty company. There, ethnic stereotypes — both Indian and American — are challenged.

Running Wilde (Fox)
    Premieres:
    Tuesday, Sept. 21 at 9:30/8:30c

Emotionally stunted rich guy Steve Wilde (Will Arnett) desperately tries to impress his childhood crush Emmy (Keri Russell), who's now an uber-liberal humanitarian with a 12-year-old daughter who doesn't speak.

S#*! My Dad Says (CBS)
    Premieres:
    Thursday, Sept. 23 at 8:30/7:30c

Ed (William Shatner), a politically incorrect curmudgeon, harangues his youngest son, Henry in this Twitter feed-turned-sitcom. MadTV vets Will Sasso and Nicole Sullivan co-star.

Secret Millionaire (ABC)
    Premieres:
    TBD, Fridays at 8/7c

Wealthy people go undercover in some of the most dangerous communities in the country to find the unsung heroes who help those in need on this reality show. At the end of a week, they reveal their identity and donate $100,000 to deserving individuals and organizations.

The Whole Truth (ABC)
    Premieres:
    Wednesday, Sept. 22 at 10/9c

Rob Morrow and Maura Tierney star in this legal drama which examines a case from both the defense and prosecution's perspectives.

TV Hot List, Entertainment and Celebrity News, TV News and Breaking News | TVGuide.com

anybody planning on watching any of these?

Cops, lawyers and medical examiners.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    anybody planning on watching any of these?
    nope.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

Nikita is my new favorite.
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

Nope. I was kinda interested in Boardwalk Empire, but I watched about 20 minutes of it last night and got bored.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I will watch Hawaii 5-0 just to see Alex & Daniel. I really don't care if it's good or bad. Yes, I am that shallow.

i'm gonna dvr The Event (i luv Jason Ritter), Running Wilde (luv Will Arnett) and of course Hawaii 5.0
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

I think the only one I'm adding to the too much TV I already watch is going to be Boardwalk Empire. I liked the premiere (a lot actually), and I think the cast would have been enough to keep me watching even if the show sucked-I love Steve Buscemi and Michael Pitt.

i really want to see boardwalk empire.
    buscemi, michael pitt and scorsese - how can you go wrong?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm trying Hawaii 5-0, Raising Hope, Running Wilde and Shit My Dad Says for Shatner. AMC is debuting Walking Dead on Halloween and I can't wait to check it out.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

i'll give Hawaii 5-0 a peek, but I was so in love with the original, i'll just have to see.

The Defenders (Jim Belushi) seems good, Shit My Dad Says, and Blue Bloods (Tom Selleck). i love that they are putting a new show on Fridays. I get sick and tired of watching the crap they have on Friday's right now.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    That's exactly what I was going to say, but since I'm meaner than you, I was going to add: "aka crap, crap, and more crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I know, like jeezus, WTF?

Been like that since the beginning of television, cop cop cop, lawyer lawyer lawyer, etc. etc. etc.

BORING

Holy Spike cameo on Hawaii 5-0, batman! That was an unexpected thrill!

^^^I know right! I was thrilled and looks like he might be back at some point.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information