Page 1 of 127 123451151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1891
Like Tree1040Likes

Thread: AMC's The Walking Dead

  1. #1
    Elite Member KristiB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,852

    Thumbs up AMC's The Walking Dead

    New show about zombies on AMC...

    The Walking Dead - Video - AMC

    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg46DWI_fCE[/YOUTUBE]

  2. #2
    Elite Member bellini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,595

    Default

    Series premiere on Halloween. Cool. I hope it's good.


  3. #3
    Elite Member Mr. Authority's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Royal Oak,MI
    Posts
    4,631

    Default

    I might catch this, though I'm a little jaded from the decline of the Romero "Dead" series to get back on the zombie bandwagon.

  4. #4
    Elite Member Sundance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,468

    Default

    Can't wait to see this!
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

  5. #5
    Elite Member KristiB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    I thought the show was very well done. A bit gory but hey it's zombies.

    The tank scene was all kinds of awesome.

  6. #6
    Elite Member Sundance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,468

    Default

    "Hey you. Dumbass. Yeah, you in the tank. Cozy in there?"
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

  7. #7
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    29,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    "Hey you. Dumbass. Yeah, you in the tank. Cozy in there?"
    That was at the very end. Who was saying that?

    I thought the start of the show was great, with the guy coming out of a coma, being really disoriented and then having to piece together what was going on.

    That thing crawling through the park was an amazing piece of special effects.

  8. #8
    Elite Member Sundance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    That was at the very end. Who was saying that?

    I thought the start of the show was great, with the guy coming out of a coma, being really disoriented and then having to piece together what was going on.

    That thing crawling through the park was an amazing piece of special effects.
    According to people familiar with them he's a character they're bringing in that's in the comic. A guy named Glen if I remember right.

    I felt so sorry for her. She would have ripped him apart if she could have gotten her hands on him. But she looked & sounded so pathetic. The effects were great.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

  9. #9
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    29,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    According to people familiar with them he's a character they're bringing in that's in the comic. A guy named Glen if I remember right.

    I felt so sorry for her. She would have ripped him apart if she could have gotten her hands on him. But she looked & sounded so pathetic. The effects were great.
    A number of scenes reminded me of other classic zombie movies. The zombie in the park looked a lot like the zombie strapped to the table in "Return of the Living Dead". Pretty much just a couple of pieces left, but still trying to take a shot at the humans.

    The scene where the main character gets rescued reminded me a little of 28 Days Later, with the rescuers trying to figure out whether the guy was infected or not.

  10. #10
    Elite Member bellini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,595

    Default

    I thought it was great. So well done. It's my new favorite show.

    We're going to try to do the contest next time. My son wants to be a walk-on zombie.


  11. #11
    Elite Member Mr. Authority's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Royal Oak,MI
    Posts
    4,631

    Default

    What a fantastic pilot. It makes me want to go out and see if I can find the comics to the series. They usually tend to be even better than the show itself, though we'll see if Walking Dead maintains a good run.

  12. #12
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    There was a contest!?! DAMMIT
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  13. #13
    Elite Member KristiB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    LOL Grimm-at the end of the show they give a code to enter on the website to win a zombie role.

    Yeah I felt bad for the half zombie and the wife zombie who seemed to sense she was home.

    I felt really bad for that poor horse!

  14. #14
    Elite Member ikmccall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, Delaware, United States
    Posts
    4,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Authority View Post
    What a fantastic pilot. It makes me want to go out and see if I can find the comics to the series. They usually tend to be even better than the show itself, though we'll see if Walking Dead maintains a good run.

    Amazon, Borders and Barnes&Noble sell them in hardcover (maybe 5 or 6 comics books in one hardcover?)

  15. #15
    Elite Member heart_leigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Nowheresville
    Posts
    5,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KristiB View Post
    LOL Grimm-at the end of the show they give a code to enter on the website to win a zombie role.

    Yeah I felt bad for the half zombie and the wife zombie who seemed to sense she was home.

    I felt really bad for that poor horse!
    I know it's just a show, but I kept thinking, omg, the poor thing!


    As for the show, I'm not a fan of zombie anything but the first episode was pretty good. I'm hooked!
    Rock the fuck on!

Page 1 of 127 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. AMC's Hell on Wheels
    By barbiedoll25 in forum Television and Movies
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: December 1st, 2011, 02:31 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 13th, 2010, 08:38 AM
  3. John McCain: Dead man walking?
    By Sasha in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: September 22nd, 2008, 02:18 PM
  4. Rose McGowan - "Fifty Dead Men Walking" TIFF 2008 Portrait Session
    By jexxica in forum Magazines and Photoshoots
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: September 18th, 2008, 09:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •