Thread: Dating in the Dark

fgg

Default Dating in the Dark

Lights out, uh huh! Dating in the Dark is back, back, back!

Each week three single guys and three unattached ladies move into a house uniquely looking for love. Everyone is sequestered from the opposite sex until they are introduced in a ridiculously dark room. Yes, it's the ultimate blind date!

Looks are taken out of the equation as guys and girls get to know each other in total darkness. After a few sight-unseen dates, the participants pick someone they'd like to meet with the lights on. That's when they finally get to see just who it is they've been wooing and kissing.

Is love truly blind or will these daters be scared away by the light of day? There's only one way to find out. Keep your eyes open for Season Two of Dating in the Dark which premieres on Monday, August 9th at 10|9c.

This week's "daters."
    Jessica
    Guilty Pleasure: Male Musicians
    Most Important Quality in a Partner: an open heart

David
    Pleasure: Watching musical theater
    Dating deal-breaker: Someone who is judgmental

Kym
    Guilty Pleasure: Cheesey Teen Movies
    Dating Deal-breakers: Low self-esteem, no sense of humor

Joey
    Three words that describe him: outgoing, adventurous, honest
    Most Adventuresome Thing Done: Drove across the country without stopping

Natasha
    Most Adventuresome Thing Done: Climbed Mt. Whitney and met a bear
    Favorite Sunday: Make breakfast, watch a Lakers game, snuggle with her man

Storm
    Guilty Pleasure: Cheesecake
    Favorite Sunday: Watch basketball, go to church and then a picnic in the park

Watch Full Episodes for Free Online - Dating in the Dark - ABC.com

did anyone watch this?

this week two attractive girls (jessica & natasha) were basically fighting over this nerdy/not very attractive guy (david) and i thought they were both going to freak out when they saw him and they both thought he was hot as hell! WTF?

I listened to it. One guy went on and on about how he didn't like heavy women and couldn't perform if his girlfriend gained too much weight. Turned his date right off. She had sort of liked him before he started yapping.

this is all kinds of stupid. you can't take looks out of the equation. not because i only date super hot men but because even if they're not hot in the conventional sense, their looks have to appeal to me.
    plus, since all the people they pick for the show are good looking, it's not like it actually makes any difference. i'd like to see them pick fatties and bald guys and then see what happens when the lights get turned on...
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

fgg

i definitely think they pick unattractive people to go on the show. david is unattractive to me.

there is an unattractive guy (or two...) and girl on next week.

^^^
    i don't find him attractive either but in the grand scheme of things, he's good looking enough to be on tv. it's not like they're picking up average looking people with guts and big asses and acne and putting them in a dark room. that might actually be entertaining.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

fgg

i see your point. he's not hideous, just not attractive.

Silver Member

I didn't think he was attractive at first, but he grew on my and by the end I found him really cute. He had a Wentworth Miller thing going on with his eyes, I found.

That one guy kept repeating how his girlfriend "blew up like a tick". I wanted to blow him up like a tick for continuously saying that. There could have been other factors (i.e. medical, etc). For him to be so mean spirited about it pissed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    I listened to it. One guy went on and on about how he didn't like heavy women and couldn't perform if his girlfriend gained too much weight. Turned his date right off. She had sort of liked him before he started yapping.
    Quote Originally Posted by card View Post
    That one guy kept repeating how his girlfriend "blew up like a tick". I wanted to blow him up like a tick for continuously saying that. There could have been other factors (i.e. medical, etc). For him to be so mean spirited about it pissed me off.
    And he kept calling fat chicks "floaters"! I've never seen the show, but Joel McHale showed that clip on The Soup.

fgg

he was saying that she had a flotation device around her waist. total asshole. i love that he thought the girl was in to him and she totally wasn't.

Thread Information