Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rockchick

Thread: Hot in Cleveland

Default Hot in Cleveland

The new Betty White, Valerie Bertinelli, Jayne Leeves and Wendie Malick sitcom on TVLAND. Its on Weds nights at 10pm. Watched it for the first time last night and I was so disappointed. Very similar to the Golden Girls and Betty seems to be playing Rose again with a little of Sophia mixed in. Ive been looking forward to this show, the cast is phenomenal, great comedic actresses of modern TV, but it sure doesn't work for me. Has anyone else seen this program?

I have watched some of an episode and was completely underwhelmed also. The only reason, and I mean the ONLY reason I even tuned in was to see Betty White. While I think she is good in it, it's just incredibly predictable and not funny.

I think most people have tuned in to see Betty too.....

I watched 3 episodes@ I'm done. I hate bettys charactor and the show gives me a headache
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

i tried to watch two of the shows, and hated it.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

It's SO predictable, and not amazingly funny....but I've been watching for Betty White. It does sit in my DVR for days before I get around to watching it though.

Valerie seems to be gaining her weight back or the cameras are now adding 15lbs to ur butt. Wendie looks damn good, not loving Jayne's long straight hair and our lil Betty looks her age......goooood but elderly.

I was thinking the same thing about Valerie, getting chubby again. Of course the other two are very thin. The only part of the show I'm enjoying is the guest visits from the "oldtimers" that we haven't seen in so long

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

This thread keeps making me think it's a spin off of Always Sunny In Philadelphia.
    Posted from my iPhone

‘Hot in Cleveland,’ TV review

TV Land regroups classic sitcom stars Mary Tyler Moore, Valerie Harper, Cloris Leachman, Betty White and Georgia Engel

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Tuesday, September 3, 2013, 2:00 AM

Silver Screen Collection

Cloris Leachman (left), Mary Tyler Moore (center) and Valerie Harper have reuinted on the hit show 'Hot in Cleveland.'

• Title: 'Hot in Cleveland'
    • Network / Air Date: Wednesday at 10 p.m., TV Land

When one of us old-timers starts mumbling about how sitcoms were wonderful and perfect back in the last century, this new episode of “Hot in Cleveland” is what we’re talking about.
    It’s the “Mary Tyler Moore” reunion episode, with Moore, Valerie Harper, Georgia Engel and Cloris Leachman joining “Hot” regular Betty White for the first reunion of the “Mary Tyler Moore Show” women in 30 years.
    But that’s not the great part. The great part is that this episode would be heartwarming, endearing and hilarious even if these actresses had never seen each other.
    Consider the challenge for the writers. It’s not just the towering specter of Moore show. It’s incorporating Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick, plus guest stars Jesse Tyler Ferguson and George Hamilton.

By the brilliant device of having the Moore crowd turn out to be old bowling team colleagues of White’s “Hot” character, Elka, somehow a half hour becomes long enough to give everyone story lines and punch lines.

Mary Tyler Moore and Valerie Harper in a scene from the show.

Someone needs to get a writing award for this episode.
    Fittingly, the “Moore” women — reincarnated here as GLOB, the Glamorous Ladies of Bowling — have retained their original traits, with their relationships tweaked just enough to make it fun.
    The Harper and Moore characters, for instance, seem to have had a 30-year feud, so we get to watch them deconstruct it.
    At one point Harper, Engel, Leachman and White are hunting for Moore and finally spot her behind a menu at a restaurant table.
    Oh look, says White, “I guess she made it after all.”
    Obvious? Sure. The point, and the joy, is what it took to earn it.

Read more: ‘Hot in Cleveland,’ TV review* - NY Daily News
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Anxious to see this episode.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

Me too!!

BTW, I love Mary's turquoise jumpsuit in that first pic!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Thread Information