Thread: Hayley Hasselhoff off to fat camp in new U.S. TV drama

Default Hayley Hasselhoff off to fat camp in new U.S. TV drama

David Hasselhoff's daughter Hayley made her debut on U.S. television last night in a TV show about a group of overweight teens going through fat camp.
    Hayley - until now best known for finding her father while barely conscious from alleged alcohol abuse - has landed a main role in new drama Huge.
    The 17-year-old plays Amber, the pretty girl who attracts all the attention from men at the programme.
    'Amber is the most determined girl at camp,' Hayley says of her character.

New role: David Hasselhoff's daughter Hayley stars in the new U.S. drama Huge, which aired for the first time last night

Weighty issues: She plays Amber, the pretty girl at fat camp who has her share of humiliation when her pants split

'She came there to lose weight. She didn't think she'd make any friends. She thought she was the curvaceous girl nobody really noticed. When she gets to camp her eyes are opened.
    'The guys start to like her and she doesn't know how to deal with it because that's totally new to her.
    'The biggest process for her is learning that the way she'll make it in all these groups is to be true to herself. It's what's on the inside.

'Self-discovery': Hayley says her character is surprised by all the male attention she receives

'It's a show about self-discovery. It's a show that teenagers can really relate to and find themselves by watching it.'
    Huge also features Hairspray star Nikki Blonsky - the one camper who insists she has no desire to lose weight, and does a racy strip-tease to flaunt her body at the beginning of the show.
    'Everybody wants us to hate our bodies,' her character Willamina says at one point. 'Well, I refuse to.'

Curvy and proud: Hairspray star Nikki Blonsky plays Willamina, who has no desire to lose weight

While the show deals with serious issues like eating disorders, Nikki says it is done with sensitivity as well as humour.
    'We deal with them delicately and handle them with care,' she telss Teen Television.
    'But there are things going on in the show with other characters that will make you laugh and have fun but you'll remember "Oh, my gosh, this girl is still dealing with this eating disorder but is still cracking a joke".'

Read more: David Hasselhoff's daughter Hayley heads to fat camp with Nikki Blonsky in new drama Huge | Mail Online

I wanted to watch this last night and totally forgot. It looked interesting.

I had no idea either of Hasselhoff's kids were even pudgy. I remembered them as being rail thin, but I guess I'm thinking of someone else or this girl has gained a little.

damn! nikki!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Just checked, and it's airing again tonight at 8pm CST on ABC Family if anyone other than me is interested.

Nikki is not curvy she is fat. Haley is very pretty and looks stick thin next to Nikki.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Just checked, and it's airing again tonight at 8pm CST on ABC Family if anyone other than me is interested.
    I am. I forgot to watch it too.

Hayley's a pretty girl. She looks bigger than I remember her to be. Maybe gained weight for this role.

I DID try to watch it last night. I made it through about 3 minutes. It is poorly overacted and ham handed. I liked the MTV Fat Camp show, so I thought I might like this show. I didn't, it's horrible.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Bronze Member

RIP-OFF!!!!!!!

Sorry, end rant (at least rant was short, lol). A friend of a friend co-wrote, directed, starred in, and composed music for an original play called Fat Camp. It won top honors at a NY Theater festival in 2009, and they were doing readings to help raise funds to send it to Broadway several months ago. GREAT show! Nikki Blonsky was even part of the readings (including the one I saw). I saw the trailer for this show... It's pretty much a direct copy except the rebel in the play is a guy.

Fat Camp - Broadway

Okaaaayyyyyyyyy, it's a "reality" show, yet they "act" as "characters",
    but they all have real weight issues, so.... why didn't they opt for a
    reality show "as is"? Was that hitting too close to home? Could the
    participants only deal with issues when pretending they were of the
    character they're playing?
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Standing outside a KFC defending the Colonel

Wow, David Hasselhoff's kid is HOT!

She doesn't have to lose any weight, she's just got more cushion for the pushin'
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them. - George W. Bush

Thread Information