Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do gays watch on TV?

Cool What do gays watch on TV?

this is soooooooooooooo stupid....who cares but here it issomeone had too much time on their hands to do this)

October 17, 2005 -- WHAT do gay people watch?

Well, now we know surprisingly that they like "South Park" every bit as much "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy."

A new study by Simmons Market Research on the media habits of 19,000 gay and lesbian adults over the last year found that gay viewers do not always match up to stereotypes.

For instance, "South Park" ranks right behind "Queer Eye," with about 25 percent of gay men and lesbians saying they watched it in the past four weeks, compared to eight percent of the total population.

Lesbians, it turns out, watch "Law & Order: SVU," "Golden Girls" reruns on Lifetime and Spike TV's "Real TV" in far greater numbers than the general population, the study found.

On cable, gay men are most likely to watch in this order Comedy Central, Discovery, Spike TV, A&E, Bravo, Sci Fi, CNN, Lifetime, Fox News Channel and HGTV, it said.

Gay women show distinct preferences for pay-cable channels. In order, they said they watched HBO, A&E, USA, ESPN, Discovery, Lifetime, Showtime, Bravo, TNT and Starz, a premium movie channel. Post staff writer

Golden Girls, South Park, Family Guy, Simpsons, Will & grace (maybe) and a buttload of Trading Spaces and other decorating/makeover shows
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

SVZ

I watch Gilmore Girls, Sex and the City...Family Guy, The Simpsons, Futurama. And America's Next Top Model

What a minute. IN that study it said some gay people watch the Fox News Channel?! WTF! Anybody with any intellect would'nt be caught dead watching FOX News, much less a gay person.

Anyway, I'm not all the way gay, but I do watch alot of things on Comedy Central, Starz, Encore,sometimes Logo and sometimes Showtime channels, along with Adult Swim for my anime fix.

I hate those queens on Queer For the Straight Guy though, and I'm not fond of makeover shows.

SVZ

I hate those queens on Queer For the Straight Guy though, and I'm not fond of makeover shows.
    me neither. they make me shudder

but i do like chick flicks..............................like Emma and Leopold the one with hugh jackman

The only "chick flick" I thought was decent was "A League of Their Own" and that was because it had baseball and Tom Hanks in it. Tom Hanks makes any movie good. Also that's the only movie where Madonna did a decent job of acting.

Did you all hear that Comedy Central is developing a new game show? It's called What's That In My Ass?

Just joshing...

Eli

Religiously, I watch:
    Gilmore Girls (ex)
    Smallville
    The OC (ex)
    The Simpsons

Shows I love:
    Norther Exposure
    Medium
    Spongebob Squarepants
    Scrubs
    Grey's Anatomy

Um... I'm a DVD-TV buying whore, but I can't think of many more. Just the basics. Gilmore Girls & Smallville top the lost.
    Oh, and Everwood Season 1!!! I recommend this to anyone who wants to cry at the end.

As for gay shows, other than Everwood (lol), I did like Queer as Folk as a teen for a little while. But it was the characters that kept me coming back. They were so loveable. Something I didn't expect from a gay show, no offense!

Have never been a fan of Will & Grace. I'm sorry, but it's just not funny.

In other words....we ALL watch pretty much the same shit. I agree with initial poster. This is kind of stupid.

Why not just come right out and ask gays how much of the stuff they watch is specifically "gay" programming?

For Christ's sake, I probably watch more gay programming than half the gays I know.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo View Post
    Did you all hear that Comedy Central is developing a new game show? It's called What's That In My Ass?

Just joshing...
    FYI:

Ironically, that is an exact description (almost right down to the title) of a "bit" done on Howard Stern.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Holy Necrothread!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Wow...no kidding. I didn't even notice!

Grim, you watch Golden Girls? That's funny, I watch it all the time.
    peekaboo, cool avatar, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Golden Girls, South Park, Family Guy, Simpsons, Will & grace (maybe) and a buttload of Trading Spaces and other decorating/makeover shows

Did you seriously just say buttload in this thread?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Thank you for being a friend......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information