Thread: Indiana Jones & The Bermuda Triangle?

Default Indiana Jones & The Bermuda Triangle?

Indiana Jones & The Bermuda Triangle?
    Your Indy rumour du jour is here
    Source: Stuff
    Another week, another rumour about the possible plot for Indiana Jones 5 and yet another update on when it might kick off filming. This time, New Zealand news outlet Stuff (via The Playlist) is reporting that Indy might just be tangling with the legendary Bermuda Triangle in his next outing.
    Since it quotes those always-reliable unnamed “sources”, we’re going to take this one with enough salt to fill the iconic secret government warehouse for now, but we thought we’d pass along word anyway.
    "George (Lucas) and Steven (Spielberg) have been working on a script and it's almost there," Stuff was apparently told, which really just confirms what Team Indy have been saying for a while now, and still doesn’t commit them to actually making the thing.
    But wait! "Harrison is on stand-by for filming next year. This looks like being an emotional and exciting conclusion to the franchise, with Indy facing his biggest challenge yet." And here’s our favourite bit: “This will be a blockbuster made in the old fashioned way rather than the CGI efforts of the last movie." In the words of Dr Evil: Riiiiight. A Lucas project that features zero CG is about as likely as Michael Bay’s adaptation of Our Town in staging-appropriate minimalist theatrical style.
    And is it really possible that a film featuring the Triangle in any capacity would have zero effects? We’ve got to admit, though, that if (big IF) the mysterious zone is involved, it’ll hopefully mark a return to the franchise’s love of mystery over Big Alien Dimensional Space-Between-Spaces Things.
    Assuming that Spielberg and Lucas don’t find some way for his Mutt character to be torn apart by monkeys early on as karmic revenge for his lots-of-people-thought-it comments about the last film, expect Shia LaBeouf to return alongside whoever else they recruit.
    We wouldn’t hold your breath for this one just yet, since it’s still strictly in the rumour file, and George and the ‘Berg (incidentally the title of a kids’ show we’re pitching to TV networks soon) will only announce the thing when they’re ready - and right now, they're both working on other things, with Spielberg tinkering with Tintin and Lucas overseeing Red Tails.

Indiana Jones & The Bermuda Triangle?

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

I hope this is just a rumor. Because the Indy franchise is becoming the Bermuda Triangle. Just let it go already and stop bastardizing an iconic film character.

I dunno. I need one more to make my decision final.

Hit By Ban Bus!

they owe me for that last piece of crap.. the one where Cate Blanchet sucked and Harrison Ford played second fiddle to Shia - acting wasn't as bad as the script though

1) Harrison is an old man. Stop.

2) They said the last one would have only 30% CG and it was pretty much ALL CG. Stop.

3) Spielberg and Lucas can't write for shit. Lawrence Kasdan is dead ( I think) but get some actual writers in there, for the love of christ
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

You know, Star Trek has come back after a devestatingly bad sequel or two...I still have hope.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

That's cuz it scrapped the old cast and concept and did something utterly new with the same broad outline LOL
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I don't know...they didn't really do that after Generations, which ate a bag of dicks...and First Contact was a fun film.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I hope this is just a rumor. Because the Indy franchise is becoming the Bermuda Triangle. Just let it go already and stop bastardizing an iconic film character.
    Agreed...the fourth movie was awful...i want my money back. Besides Harrison Ford is too old now. They should just let the franchise rest permanently...for good.

There passed several years between the time rumours of a fourth Indiana Jones movie started going around and the time it was actually made. By the time they got around to another, Harrison Ford might be dead. Then again, he might as well have been dead in the last one, for all the effort he put into the performance.

Also, I don't think Shia LaBeef has any charisma, and couldn't they have come up with a better nickname than Mutt?

The last one sucked so much I had to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark again to remind me of what a great Indiana Jones flick is like.

I did that last night.. goddamn they used to be good.. till the Last Crusade, which kinda faltered in a lot of places.

But the last movie.. omg. Harrison has old man bow legs now, and basically phoned it in. Either that or his huge pothead ways have made him entirely too mellow to act.

Quote Originally Posted by cool girl View Post
    Agreed...the fourth movie was awful...i want my money back. Besides Harrison Ford is too old now. They should just let the franchise rest permanently...for good.
    I still haven't seen the 4th movie, and I'm in no rush to see it. But I loved the first 3 Indy movies. They were great, but after Raiders they seemed to add more humor to them, which was a double-edge sword in some ways.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I remember how happy Raiders of the Lost Ark made me when I saw it the first time. What a film!

I cannot even bring myself to destroy the lovely memories with the Crystal Skull, or whatever the hell that shit was called. Stop now, please.

I want to see Ford play Indiana Jones till he's 99 years old. That shit would be inspirational!!! Instead of running after or away from bad guys, he's on his wheel chair!!! It would be entertaining.
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

Thread Information