Thread: Paramount confirms Les Grossman Movie

Default Paramount confirms Les Grossman Movie

Paramount confirms Les Grossman Movie
    Tom Cruise will be back in the latex
    Source: Paramount
    Even though Tom Cruise himself somewhat let the feline slip out of the bag on the MTV Movie Awards red carpet this past weekend, the notion that Paramount would stump up real money to make a film based entirely around his sweary producer character from Tropic Thunder had remained largely in the vaporous world of rumour. But the studio has now made it official - along with MTV Films, it has begun development on a Grossman movie.
    Framing it as if the companies have bought Grossman’s life rights, the press release makes it clear that they’re treating him as a “real” person. And that includes producers Ben Stiller and Stuart Cornfeld, who will be working to bring him back to our screens.
    “Les Grossman's life story is an inspiring tale of the classic human struggle to achieve greatness against all odds. He has assured me he plans to, quote, ‘F**king kill the sh**t out of this movie and make Citizen f**king Kane look like a piece of crap home movie by the time we are done.’ I am honoured to be working with him,” says Stiller in the statement.
    And then there’s Paramount Film president Adam Goodman: "Everything I learned in this business, I've learned from Les. I started out as his assistant, and from the first day he threw his desk at me when I got his lunch order wrong, I have loved him like a father. I am forever grateful to Ben and Stuart Cornfeld and their ability to secure his highly-coveted life rights." Oh, the wit.
    There’s even a quote from Grossman himself: “To quote my great friend Kirk Lazarus, ‘I don’t read the script, the script reads me.’”
    With Cruise mentioned as “in talks” to portray the man, the legend, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World’s Michael Bacall is listed as the project’s writer.
    While we definitely enjoyed the character in Tropic Thunder, and his appearances before and during the MTV Awards were fun, we wonder whether he’s worth an entire movie. What say you?

Paramount confirms Les Grossman Movie

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Tom has to have someone (liplocked, perhaps) by the balls big time to have gotten this project off the ground. His quest for continuing relevance is failing. Big time.

ugh. I will admit, i thought he was hysterical in Tropic Thunder (and i thought the movie sucked) but come on, this is just stupid.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I think this is just sad. He was funny for a cameo but for a full length movie? It's sad the studios think the viewing public are that stupid that they'd find him entertaining.

I hope it bombs worse than Ishtar.

His character in Tropic Thunder was a riot, but a full length feature film with him.....don't think it will fare too well, depends on supporting cast and storylines too.......I am not a Cruise fan by any means, but who knows, maybe it might work.

Agreed with what everyone said, the character is funny for about a minute...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Does anyone remember back in the '60's/'70's when really successful sitcoms spun off some pretty majorly suckitude/unwatched shows? (Mary Tyler Moore spun off both Valerie Harper and Cloris Leachman's characters, etc.). This is that, only in 2010, and way less funny. Another Tom Cruise movie I'll have to miss.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Someone needs to grab Mel before she can book tickets to see her latest crush.

Personally speaking I hope it bombs. I've seen Les Grossman clips and it's just the GMD dropping the F bomb a lot and wearing a lot of makeup. I also hear that he's planning on getting a huge cast of celebs to make cameo appearances, so I'm guessing the padding in the movie won't be confined to the Grossman costume.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

This will be about as awesome as:

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Personally speaking I hope it bombs. I've seen Les Grossman clips and it's just the GMD dropping the F bomb a lot and wearing a lot of makeup.
    And fake chest hair. Don't forget the fake chest hair. Looks like an old shag carpet from the 1950's.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

^^

The thing is, at no time while I was watching could I forget that it was Tiny Tommygirl underneath all that shit. It really was just the manic midget doing the same shouty shit that he has done in every other movie for the last 15 years, just with more cussing and some glued on gorilla hair.

Meh. I won't be paying out for cinema tickets or dvd rental for it anyway. I'm sticking with my cult boycott, even if it did mean not going to see the Simpson's movie when all my mates did.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    This will be about as awesome as:

Exactly. A mildly funny fifteen minute skit does not a full length feature film make.

I think he's going to look even more ridiculous after this. I can't imagine any of his peers doing a film like this. Could you see Russell Crowe or even Billy Goat Brad doing this shit?

Oh for fucking shit sakes! Maybe this will be the final nail in Tom's coffin. Please. Please. Please.

Barf! I didn't really even care for Tropic Thunder.

I am sure Tom's head is swelling as I type. This could be his ticket back! *boo - hiss*

Thread Information