Thread: 'I Survived' on A&E

Default 'I Survived' on A&E

Whoa..

I started watching this last week because I there wasn't jackshit on, and holy hell.....its unreal. The stories that former victims of some kind of tragic ordeal tell, are frankly harrowing and horrifying...yet, as the show is titled, survive to tell the tale.

Anyone else caught this?

Some of the stories, well, 99% of the stories, truly make you lose whatever little faith you may still have had in humanity.

YES! My husband and I started watching this awhile back. Just totally amazeballs how they endured and suvived what they went through. Being shot, left to the elements.

Standing outside a KFC defending the Colonel

I've seen the show a few times, and it can be hard to watch. After it's over, I feel drained. One night I watched it and had a nightmare later on while trying to sleep.

It's not 'light' TV watching, it's heavy and hardcore.
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them. - George W. Bush

Is this the same series that was on discovery channel, and had one episode where a couple and their baby endured freezing conditions in the wilderness

Yep its amazing just how primal your survival instinct is. The girl that had her arms cut off was just-wow.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

I'm a wuss. I can't watch this. I wouldn't be able to sleep for days.

Nope, not easy watching... I started and just can't go back to catch up. Amazing strength on the part of the survivors, awesome strength...
    ...Stopped smoking on March 8, 2011. Was trying to put a fancy ticker in my signature but it didn't work...

I'm totally addicted to this show. I wonder when new episodes are gonna start.

It is incredible! The one where the 15 year old girl was raped in her own home while her parents were gone and she jumps out of a 2nd story window with a broken leg to get away from the attackers.

She was so peaceful, mature and articulate when she told her story. She obviously has dealt with her ordeal in a healthy way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    It is incredible! The one where the 15 year old girl was raped in her own home while her parents were gone and she jumps out of a 2nd story window with a broken leg to get away from the attackers.

She was so peaceful, mature and articulate when she told her story. She obviously has dealt with her ordeal in a healthy way.
    YES--I saw that one! Can you imagine being her parents?? Not that it was their fault, but you know....
    She was very well spoken, and seemed like a really great girl. Poor thing..

And yes, I agree w/everyone, its not an easy show to watch at all. But honestly, it is quite interesting to hear from victims mouths exactly what happened and how they got through it. Hard, but interesting.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

It is one of my favorite shows. While it makes humanity seem so awful on one hand, it is also inspiring to see how resilient people can be in the aftermath of unspeakable tragedy. but the ones about rape as part of the ordeal are especially disturbing. It's almost like, no matter what the original intent of the crime is, if a woman is in the picture in any way sh'es bound to be raped before being shot or thrown over a cliff, etc.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information