Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sex and the City 2

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Default Sex and the City 2

i will be seeing this but checked the imdb.com for reviews just cuz i was curious and this one had me

Sex Goes Bollywood, 20 May 2010
    1/10
    Author: loufalce from United States

Urrrggh, they're back. The same gaggle of late 30 ish chicks are now in India! Pretty much the same thing as "Sex 1", but with a new location. The girls still carry on the same way while they talk about dreams, reality, attaining goals, meeting perfect men, clothes, shoes, etc, etc, etc. There is also a performance by Chris Noth as Mr. Big {anybody care to guess why he is called that} and he talks about the caste system, justice, social issues and the two kinds of people in the world. Obviously this guy never took a real philosophy class! I was kinda expeting a big Bollywood dance sequence, but it never happened.To call this movie long is missing the point. You don't actually watch it, you endure it. There are scenes of the girls in the desert that feature the fakest looking rear projection that you've ever seen. Some of the visuals do look pretty good, but that ain't saying too much. As in Sex 1, this is the kind of movie that men get dragged to and have to admit they enjoyed it to please their dates. Again, I really can enjoy a good womans picture just as much as the next guy, but this one just ain't it. The estrogen level is so high, you can fuel a 747 with it and fly it around the world. Also, as in the first one, there are so many product placements in this film that I just couldn't count 'em all. Not really a movie in the conventional sense, its just a super expanded and padded out TV show, and a paper thin one at that. The India locations are good looking, but , like the women themselves ,they just serve as a backdrop to hang the story on. It could have been set anywhere on Earth and the results would still be the same. Maybe I am being somewhat hard on it, but lets face it. The movies that play the multiplexes today are just products. They have no heart, soul or real worth. Everything is just the same old recycled product . Prequels, sequels, re-makes, franchises, comic book heroes and TV into movies like this. ATTENTION -Men! If you get duped into seeing this avenge yourself!Look for a revival theater , find a movie like "Great Escape", "Apocalypse Now", "The Longest Day", "Patton" or any real man movie and drag your date to go see that! Its called "payback" and its a bit-h .... you know that. This is probably the ultimate movie for the multiplex era of lowered expectations. My rating-one star. Unless you are a Masochist, avoid it like the plague! You've been warned.

The movies that play the multiplexes today are just products. They have no heart, soul or real worth.
    I completely agree with him, I ain't wasting any money on seeing this steaming pile of endor$$$ements. I like his alternatives too (Patton! ), though I would go see The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo instead. Also, I want to check out that Point Blank Live, a little theater production where an audience member is picked out to play Keanu's part. Just so many things I would do before I ever watched SATC2 in the theater.

i like how he says its in India like he just doesn't give a fuck

My friend is going to the premiere party tonight. I'll have at least a little dirt by Wednesday. She's good. She's the same as sending one of us as our representatives.

i dont care what anyone says, I'm going to see it and enjoy it anyway!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i dont care what anyone says, I'm going to see it and enjoy it anyway!
    me too!

I'll either wait for the DVD or get my buddy in Hollywood to send me an e-copy through, um, his channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    My friend is going to the premiere party tonight. I'll have at least a little dirt by Wednesday. She's good. She's the same as sending one of us as our representatives.
    One of my coworkers is going, he was joking today that as a straight guy who never saw the show he'd be better off staying home and watching the '24' finale.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I'm sure the party will be fun. My friend knew the production company person and went over to see the party being put together at Lincoln Center. She said there's a lot of gold inside and a custom SATC carpet.

I betcha none of those bitches in Manolo's would even think of walking from Radio City to Lincoln Center. I would!

I hope Honey gets a picture of Jessica Seinfeld's feet. She's going to be the talk of GR.

I'll wait for the DVD. I'll see it... but in my pyjamas, when it doesn't cost as much and when I can freely drink wine on the couch!

update chalet!

Dubai isn't in India.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

i know its hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Dubai isn't in India
    I don't believe loufalce from IMDB even saw the movie. The story is set in Dubai and they filmed that portion in Morocco for 3 months. Where the heck did he get India?!?

Can't wait to hear from Chalet about her friend that attended the SATC2 premiere.
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information