Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 13 most shocking TV deaths

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    What about All In The Family..when Edith died. Gawd. And Archie found her slipper or whatever and smelled her smell and broke down.. Oh God..

And when the Father died in Good Times..and she was holding it together and then lost it and threw down the glass bowl and her kids were crying and holding and hugging her..*sob*
    NEVER talk about James dying! Florida killed me with that. I'm tearing up right now thinking about it.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Hit By Ban Bus!

What about All In The Family..when Edith died. Gawd. And Archie found her slipper or whatever and smelled her smell and broke down.. Oh God..

And when the Father died in Good Times..and she was holding it together and then lost it and threw down the glass bowl and her kids were crying and holding and hugging her..*sob*

I thought they handled both of those shows very well. I loved James Evans Sr. Very hot and a good Dad.

They forgot Bobby Ewing! Oh the tears, the tears.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cMIs1cXsKo[/YOUTUBE]

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I thought they handled both of those shows very well. I loved James Evans Sr. Very hot and a good Dad.

[youtube]5cMIs1cXsKo[/youtube]
    I could never get worked up about John Amos' character getting killed off. Because I knew he was leaving over the fact that the show had unexpectedly oriented itself around Jimmy Walker, instead of the parents.

John Amos is the man. I loved him in Coming to America and Die Hard 2.

Ok I didn't watch the last seasons of Roseanne so I'm totally confused. Dan died on screen but then Roseanne came out and said off screen that never happened and that Darlene was with Mark? WTF???

I have never cried harder than the finale of SFU. As an X Files junkie I was totally shocked when they killed off my Lone Gunman.

Dan died on the show, and the show continued on, in what most would call a death spiral of unfunniness. Then at the last show, Roseanne's character said that the shows were taken from stories that she began writing after Dan's death. The stories were based on her 'real life,' but she changed a few things, saying that in 'real life,' Mark was with Darlene, and David with Becky.

I loved Roseanne and still watch reruns but once the dream shows start I'm done.. so I didn't know Dan even died. Once they won the money on the show it was stupid.

I watch the Six Feet Under ending on youtube now and then for a good cry. That was the best. I can not hear that song without thinking about it.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by HelpMeRhonda View Post
    I loved Roseanne and still watch reruns but once the dream shows start I'm done.. so I didn't know Dan even died. Once they won the money on the show it was stupid.

I watch the Six Feet Under ending on youtube now and then for a good cry. That was the best. I can not hear that song without thinking about it.
    I looked at it this way: Roseanne based the show on her life to an extent and I think she wanted to explore what happens when ordinary people come into a lot of money, like she did when she got famous. So, I didn't mind that part. When I realized the whole story arc for three season's had been her fictional account I thought it was rather ingenous but I didn't like that she switched men on Darlene and Becky. That part was unnecessary and illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    Dan died on the show, and the show continued on, in what most would call a death spiral of unfunniness. Then at the last show, Roseanne's character said that the shows were taken from stories that she began writing after Dan's death. The stories were based on her 'real life,' but she changed a few things, saying that in 'real life,' Mark was with Darlene, and David with Becky.

Thanks for the clarification boy am I glad I missed all that. I saw part of an episode from that time just this morning when Darlene had a baby I don't want to think about it being Mark's baby.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Thanks for the clarification boy am I glad I missed all that. I saw part of an episode from that time just this morning when Darlene had a baby I don't want to think about it being Mark's baby.
    Ha, that was on when I was home for lunch today.. I turned it.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    And the LA Law Episode when Rosalind Shays went down the shaft was one of the best TV deaths ever
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov7aTXqMKfY[/youtube]

Truly a shocking death.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    NO WAY is Dr. Greene's death nearly as shocking as the detestable, insulting Dr. Robert Romano's death on ER.

Doesn't anybody besides me remember the crashing helicopter about to land on him, while he shouts, "Oh, No!!!" and wave his stump arm at it (which he lost due to another malfunctioning helicopter?
    okay if you put it like that, then its funny!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Damn, I never watched Roseanne towards the end (no telly, too poor to by one at that time) and didn't know Dan had died. I may have to rent it and see what happened. I think the Adrianna death on Sopranos absolutely was shocking. It really left me and mr. butt stunned. And Henry Blake...I remember crying as a little girl over that one.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

They just had a rerun on the other day of 8 Simple Rules when Jack Ritter died (they wrote it into the show that he died unexpectedly of a heart attack or something) and man, was that sad. Because you knew that the actors were all really grieving, and no could hold it together. I'm a huge fan of 24, and the first season really roped me in with Teri's death. Totally unexpected and all kinds of awesome after she survived so much.

Here is the Adriana Sopranos clip:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNgBf6VQbaY[/YOUTUBE]

Dr. Robert Romano from ER, its more funny than anything:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fksjgg11qXQ[/YOUTUBE]
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Damn, I'm always distressed by the Adriana thing. i may have to watch the whole bloody series again.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information