Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CBS has axed both Ghost Whisperer and The New Adventures of Old Christine

Silver Member

Default CBS has axed both Ghost Whisperer and The New Adventures of Old Christine

May 18 2010 12:24 PM ET

Breaking: CBS cancels 'Ghost Whisperer' and 'Old Christine'

by Michael Ausiello
    Categories: Ghost Whisperer, Medium, New Adventures of Old Christine, News, Scoop
    Image Credit: Sonja Flemming/CBS; Greg Gayne/CBSIn a stunning move, CBS has axed both Ghost Whisperer and The New Adventures of Old Christine.
    Also gone: Gary Unmarried, Cold Case, Miami Medical, Accidentally on Purpose, and Numb3rs.
    Medium and Rules of Engagement, meanwhile, have been renewed.
    Fans may want to hold off on eulogizing Ghost and Christinefor a day or two, however.There’s an outside chance that ABC (which co-owns GW and has long coveted Christine) may swoop in and rescue one or both.
    “There’s a 50/50 shot that Christine will move to ABC,” says one source. A reprieve for Ghost appears less likely. Final decisions are expected later this week. In the meantime, my Bubble Show Scorecard has been updated.

Breaking: CBS cancels 'Ghost Whisperer' and 'Old Christine' | Ausiello | EW.com

Heehee, wonder what ol' Size 2 is gonna do now that her Ghost Whisperer was cancelled...

I'm happy about Medium staying, it's my guilty pleasure and the only one I watch out of all of those.

I love ghostwhisperer!!! Booo!
    Free Charmed.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Haha, love the despondent looking pics of Hewitt and Dreyfuss.

Beeyotch, I agree about Medium.

jeez, what was Miami Medical on, 2 weeks?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I am seriously shocked about them cancelling The New Adventures of Old Christine. That was actually a FUNNY show...and should be on the air. Fucking idiots...

I thought Christine was one of their higher performing shows? It's been on forever now and has an established audience.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I am seriously shocked about them cancelling The New Adventures of Old Christine. That was actually a FUNNY show...and should be on the air. Fucking idiots...
    i love this show. these networks make some seriously stupid decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i love this show. these networks make some seriously stupid decisions.
    I loved it too. I guess we were the only ones watching.

Hahaha about Ghost Whisperer only because I can't stand JLH. Fingers crossed she does not get a new series.

And Cold Case. After losing Without a Trace, they go and axe a Sunday evening staple. Boooooooooo. Gary UnMarried grew on me and we were just starting to like Accidentally on Purpose, which had the worst pilot I've ever seen, it improved measurably.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

I'll miss Numb3rs and am surprised by New Christine getting the ax.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Cold Case? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "I'm sorry, but I don't date ugly people."

How dare they cancel "Cold Case"! CBS idiots!!!

fgg

Creator of cancelled Julia Louis-Dreyfus show, ‘Old Christine,’ slams CBS

Yesterday I considered covering the news that CBS had announced its fall schedule, and that several shows were canceled. It’s the upfronts week, when the networks present schedules hoping to woo advertisers, and there’s plenty of news about what shows we can look forward to seeing more of and which we have to say goodbye to. (If you’d like to know more, here are the 2010-2011 schedules for ABC, CBS, NBC and The CW.)
    Among the shows canceled by CBS are the cheesy but good Ghost Whisperer, with Jennifer Love Hewitt, and comedy The New Adventures of Old Christine, with Julia Louis-Dreyfus. Ghost Whisperer has been on for five seasons and I have to admit I’ve enjoyed it on the few (ok, many) occasions I’ve watched it. It’s like reading one of those Chicken Soup for The Soul books, you know it’s supposed to suck and won’t challenge your brain but you still enjoy it. My mom watches New Adventures of Old Christine, which also wasn’t renewed for a sixth season. I’ve only watched a couple of episodes. At first I found the jokes lame but it was kind of funny once I gave it a chance. There’s something annoying about Louis-Dreyfus’ self centered lead character, although I love her sarcastic best friend, played by Wanda Sykes.
    EW’s Mark Ausiello reported that Old Christine and/or Ghost could potentially get picked up by ABC, so there’s hope that the shows will continue on. Old Christine’s creator isn’t holding her tongue in an effort to woo another network however. In an interview with TV Guide, creator Kari Lizer slammed CBS for not supporting the show and practically called the network sexist:
    The creator of The New Adventures of Old Christine has criticised the show’s cancellation.
    Speaking to TV Guide Magazine, Kari Lizer suggested that CBS’s decision to axe the series was sexist.
    “As far as what happened at CBS, we’ve suffered from a serious lack of support from them since the beginning,” she said. “I hate to say it, but I’m afraid they don’t care much for the female-of-a-certain-age point of view over there. How else do you explain them squandering the talents of Julia [Louis-Dreyfus] and Wanda [Sykes]?”
    Lizer played down speculation that the show will be picked up by ABC, but added that she wants the series to continue.
    “I don’t think we’re going to know anything about ABC for a few days,” she said. “I’m hoping for life after CBS.”
    [From Digital Spy]
    It’s possible that Kari encountered a lot of resistance from the good ‘ol boys network at CBS, but is it wise to mention that? The show was on for five seasons and it’s not like it was canceled in its freshman year. Maybe she dealt with an unbelievable amount of crap, though, and is actually being reserved in the way she’s explaining it. We have no way of knowing unless more information comes out.

Couric is of a certain age and anchors their news. Kari Lizer sounds ridiculous and should hush up.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information