Thread: Marcel Vigneron to host a cooking show on SyFy..

Default Marcel Vigneron to host a cooking show on SyFy..

That Guy Everyone Hates From Top Chef To Host Syfy's Cooking Show - Top Chef - io9

Top Chef alum Marcel Vigneron, will be hosting the much-rumored Syfy cooking show, now called Marcel's Quantum Kitchen. If you're not familiar with his work, Marcel was known as the extremely innovative gastro chef... whom everyone disliked. We've known there was going to be a cooking show on the Syfy Channel for some time now. We were crossing our fingers for a version of Alton Brown's fun "science in the kitchen" series maybe featuring Neelix as the host. But we overlooked the host announcement for the series that guy with the hair from Top Chef, Marcel Vigneron.
    Here's the synopsis of the show via Futon Critic.

Utilizing the science of cooking, Marcel's Quantum Kitchen stars one of America's most notorious chefs, molecular gastronomist Marcel Vigneron (Top Chef). In each episode, Marcel and his new catering and event company will be hired by a demanding client to produce an extraordinary celebration or event. Based on the client's requests, Marcel will dream up a theme and cuisine for the event, which range from a fairytale graduation party and a Goth-rock fashion show to a ribbon-cutting ceremony for a new subway line. He and his team of party planners and chefs will tap the depths of their imagination and culinary talents to create everything from the immersive decor to a delicious menu that emphasizes Marcel's unique brand of avant-garde cooking.

To be fair, Marcel is a fantastic cook. Even when he failed, I was still mesmerized by his clever encapsulated vinaigrette teardrops, whether they got plated or not. But still, a TV host? I'm not so sure. Here's my last memory of Marcel, in which first season winner Harold, tells him to stop being such a giant baby and to act like an adult.

Ah well. Maybe he's changed, maybe he's learned from his on-air mistakes and grown into a gastro TV-host we will all come to love. Or maybe he'll just be the next Guy Fieri. Who knows? Only time and plenty of chemically made dishes will tell. That being said, he had better get former Top Chef Richard Blais on quick, because those two together could make beautiful food science.

SVZ

I liked him. I would watch this.

I never watched Top Chef so I have no clue who this guy is, but I hate the name "SyFy"; it's so lame. :I

Why? Nobody liked him. I give it half a season tops.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

Guy can cook, but he has such a crappy personality. I can't imagine him hosting a show.

Thread Information