Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Love Revealed for 'Sex and the City' Sequel

Default New Love Revealed for 'Sex and the City' Sequel

"Sex and the City 2" comes out May 27, bringing Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, and Cynthia Nixon back together and following up on Carrie's marriage to Mr. Big (Chris Noth), the confident, charismatic tycoon she finally tied the knot with after an on-again, off-again love affair that went on for most of the series.

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD.

When Samantha takes her New York clique to Abu Dhabi, Carrie finds the desert temperature isn't the only thing heating up in the Middle East. She runs into ex-flame Aidan Shaw (John Corbett) - her other big love during the series - and temptation begins to simmer beneath the surface of her recent marriage to Big. Corbett just announced his return to "Sex and the City" on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" (set to air March 31) but wouldn't talk about any plot details.

"We bump into each other halfway around the world?" Carrie says, referring to Aidan, in a new trailer that premiered exclusively to theater owners last week. "That means something." At one point in the HBO series, Aidan broke up with Carrie when he found out she was having an affair with Big. They later reconciled and even got engaged, but broke up for a second (and final time) after Carrie didn't want to get married.

With Carrie running into her sweet ex-fiance miles away from married life with Big, will the tables be turned this time around? And what brings the ladies of "SATC" to Abu Dhabi in the first place? It looks like Samantha is visiting her ex, Smith Jerrod (Jason Lewis), who just wrapped up acting in an action flick filmed in the Middle East. Naturally, Smith isn't the only man Sam has eyes for in the sequel: never content to limit herself, she'll be rubbing ... elbows with two new characters played by British actor Max Ryan and 26-year-old model Noah Mills.

Ryan made headlines a few weeks ago when he was trapped under a car in a motorcycle accident. Fortunately, he soon stabilized and in spite of some broken ribs and a cracked collarbone, he fully intends to make the "SATC 2" premiere.

As for model Mills, he has a face and, more importantly, abs that you might have seen in some NSFW ads for Dolce & Gabbana and Michael Kors. The 6'2" hunk told the L.A.Times that Cattrall was a real pro on the set, waking up early in the morning to shoot their sensual close-ups together even though she could have used a stand-in. "She demanded to stay; she's really intelligent and really there to work," Mills said. So she "demanded" to be there for intimate scene shoots with this chiseled model? Yes. She's there to work.

As for the rest of the Fab Four, the upcoming trailer teases that Charlotte and her divorce-lawyer hubby Harry are dealing with the added strain of raising a second little girl, while workaholic Miranda pines for more time at home with her son and, presumably, her husband Steve. Their marriage was on the mend the last time we saw them, but we may have to wait until May 27 to see if their reconciliation following his adultery lasted.

Movie Talk: New Love Revealed for 'Sex and the City' Sequel

If you click the link, there is a teaser trailer at the bottom. I don't know how to post it here.

this is going to suck just as bad as the first movie but my only hope is that they finally get rid of whiny, useless, one-balled steve. miranda is way too good for him.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

It sounds horrible. At least the first one had naked Gilles Marini in it.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    this is going to suck just as bad as the first movie but my only hope is that they finally get rid of whiny, useless, one-balled steve. miranda is way too good for him.
    I'm all for loving the person and not the job but a New York lawyer marrying a bartender was stupid! And he is just too dull.

it's not about his job. steve is just lame, period.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm excited to see Aiden, but i hope she doesnt cheat on Big. ugh.

I love the Steve and MIranda romance! i'm such a geek.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^Aww I agree, but I really love Charlotte and Harry too! Big and Carrie are so predictable and I don't see her cheating. At least I hope she doesn't.

Naked Gilles was the best part of the first! I want more peen in the sequel!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    ^Aww I agree, but I really love Charlotte and Harry too! Big and Carrie are so predictable and I don't see her cheating. At least I hope she doesn't.

Naked Gilles was the best part of the first! I want more peen in the sequel!
    i absolutely LOVE Charlotte and Harry!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

i really liked harry too. and i love nerdy guys but steve is just ugh. can't stand him.

Am I the only one who thought Mr. Big was a cigar-chomping, cheating, lying, arrogant pig? They tried to make him seem vulnerable and charming towards the end of the series, but I never bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    Big and Carrie are so predictable and I don't see her cheating. At least I hope she doesn't.
    Why not? She cheated on Aidan with Big. Of course, she won't though, because that might actually be interesting.

I'm not loving the whole Middle East thing. Blech.

Why do people root for Carrie again? She did Aidan dirty, married Big and might just do Big dirty? I hated her whiny self all throughout the first movie, doubt itll be any different this time.

I like Miranda. Steves too good for her, matter of fact. That whole act she put on during sex made me pity him and Im not even there. Seriously, people have feelings and that mess was uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    I hated her whiny self all throughout the first movie, doubt itll be any different this time.

She was so annoying and she brought it on herself. She *knew* what Big was like when it came to commitment. Yes, he temporarily got cold feet on the day of the wedding [true to form], BUT he came to the damn church ready to get married! If Carrie hadn't acted like such a huge fucking baby, they would have gotten married as planned, and probably no one would have even noticed he was a bit late. I mean, for heaven's sake!

That bugged me so much!!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post

She was so annoying and she brought it on herself. She *knew* what Big was like when it came to commitment. Yes, he temporarily got cold feet on the day of the wedding [true to form], BUT he came to the damn church ready to get married! If Carrie hadn't acted like such a huge fucking baby, they would have gotten married as planned, and probably no one would have even noticed he was a bit late. I mean, for heaven's sake!

That bugged me so much!!
    Me too! I'd be like 'get your ass in the church and I'll deal with you later!"

^^^
    the whole premise of the movie was retarded. there was no story. and yet they stretched it out over 2 hours. it sucked so bad it made the already bad last season of the show look fucking genius in comparison.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information