Thread: The Marriage Ref

Default The Marriage Ref

Don't ever watch this show. I was never going to watch it but I was just channel surfing and I see Larry David arguing with Madonna. So now I must watch.

She just stood up wearing a nice gray clingy dress with some beads and those granny shoes and shook her ass in front of Larry.

Bravo/NBC - but don't watch.

I watched about ten minutes and this show is a waste of air time. I'd rather watch ten minutes of commercials.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

The mix of Madonna and Larry David was a dangerous one. I'm sure they played it up but she is still the reigning queen of nastiness and he just doesn't suffer women like her.

They were re-running this on Bravo all day. I guess the premise is gathering a celebrity panel of people with a history of failed relationships, successful relationships, and in-between... but damn.. taking marriage advice from a succubus? I'll pass. Larry was funny, though. Ricky Gervais was funny, too.

I didn't want to watch, I swear it, but I was at work and there was Hulu and I said, okay, what the fuck.

The couples themselves are quite funny, and their arguments are so typical of the ridiculous shit that married people argue about ("you kiss the pet lizard more than you kiss me" vs "fuck you the lizard stays" and "the dining room table is NEVER to be used except for holidays" vs. "that makes no sense why can't my friends and I play cards at it."). I found myself laughing heartily during the regular folk part. But the celebrity comments are pretty stupid.

Too late, already seen 3 episodes (I don't think there are more). I laughed my ass off. Madonna was annoying but Larry David was hilarious. Poor Ricky Gervais seemed so uncomfortable!

The couple arguing about the wife keeping her dead husband's prosthetic leg creeped the hell out of me.

I also liked the second episode a lot. Eva Longoria was adorable in it.

Ya I like it too, it's been hilarious. Madonna made a fool out of herself. I'm gonna keep watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Don't ever watch this show. I was never going to watch it but I was just channel surfing and I see Larry David arguing with Madonna. So now I must watch.

She just stood up wearing a nice gray clingy dress with some beads and those granny shoes and shook her ass in front of Larry.

Bravo/NBC - but don't watch.
    Don't be turned off by this particular episode, it's actually been pretty funny with the other guest panels that have been on. This Madonna episode was, IMO, the worst of the bunch, mainly because of Madonna and her trying desperately to be relevant and funny...

I skipped the Madonna one, on purpose (geez I can't stand her) but love the show.
    ...Stopped smoking on March 8, 2011. Was trying to put a fancy ticker in my signature but it didn't work...

The Madonna ep was bad and I do not like Larry David but I did like the first two eps.

Especially the one where the guy had his dog taxidermied

Thread Information