Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Parenthood

Default Parenthood

I think I have a new favorite sappy show...it's not even over and I just love this show. I'm a sap, I know that. But totally dig the cast think it's clever and intelligent.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

is it in any way related to the movie?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

I loved the movie. I forgot this was going to be on tonight. I'm a sap too -- it will probably be right up my alley!

I freaking LOVED the movie, and since having kids have found that I love it even more. I will definitely try to catch this next time its on.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    is it in any way related to the movie?
    Yes, it's a take off of the movie. Same producers - Ron Howard & Brian Grazer. The family structure is similar, and the basic issues from the movie are in the show, but it's more modern. I absolutely love the movie too and I'll watch anything (almost) with Lauren Graham.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll

I really liked it too! The cast was great. Love Peter Krause and Craig T. Nelson!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

i'm glad peter krause got another show. he was fantastic in six feet under and dirty sexy money and it's good to see he's working again. hope this is good and that it doesn't get cancelled. haven't watched it yet but i'm really curious now.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

I love Lauren Grahame and I'm sorry I missed this. I'll be sure to tune in next week.

I think they're replaying it on Bravo and NBC on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I freaking LOVED the movie, and since having kids have found that I love it even more. I will definitely try to catch this next time its on.
    I think HBO was running the movie a lot about a year ago. I'm such a sap and was crying during the ending credits with the song "I love to see you smile". I missed it too, but will have to catch it.
    You were lucky to have me. But you know what? I think I already got the best part of you. And she's standing right out there. I don't know... what's left just doesn't look so good anymore. Hope Floats

I watched it live & loved it!! Parenthood is def my new fave show and now on my DVR list
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

i watched the first episode. it's a bit too cutesy but it's not horrible. i'll have to see how it evolves. it could go either way and turn into a nice show, or a family mess like 'brothers and sisters'.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i watched the first episode. it's a bit too cutesy but it's not horrible. i'll have to see how it evolves. it could go either way and turn into a nice show, or a family mess like 'brothers and sisters'.
    I feel the same way. I love Peter Krause, but the rest of the cast is making it feel too much like that show from the 90s full of self-indulgent baby boomers. (What the hell was that called?) Also it felt like this was "a very special episode" with the revelation of the Asperger's. However, I'm willing to give it another shot.

^^I agree (but I love schmaltz)...but I think that they crammed the entire movie into the premiere episode and will have to see where it goes from there.

Ha. I typed "TV series self-indulgent baby boomers" into a search engine and "Thirtysomething" came up, which is exactly what I was thinking of. The angsty-ness!

Hopefully this show will be better. I'm a little embarrassed/skeeved out by their use of the song "Forever Young" when showing the groups of adults watching the kid's baseball game, however. There will probably be lots and lots of story lines showing their refusal to admit they're 40 instead of 20.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information