Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kill Bill Vol 1&2

A*O

Default Kill Bill Vol 1&2

Just re-watched these for the 'nth time and they are great movies. I also love Pulp Fiction so I guess I am a Tarantino tragic but Uma Thurman is so perfect for those roles. I also loved her in Be Cool - the dance sequence with John Travolta is SOOO sexy and she has a bod to die for.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Default Re: Kill Bill Vol 1&2

^^Couldnt agree more.
    Im a huge fan of Tarantino's work , i think hes an AWESOME writer.
    Pulp Fiction is probably in my top 20 ever, and i enjoyed Kill Bill a lot.
    I love actors like Uma Thurman and Michael Madsen in Tarantino's movies, it seems like they were born to work with him.
    I need to see Reservoir Dogs again, i saw it like 7 years ago or so.
    What are your thoughts on Jackie Brown? i think its a very underrated film, i love the story, the acting, and the SOUNDTRACK JUST ROCKS.

The ONLY Tarantino movie I really like is Jackie Brown. Reservoir Dogs had its moments. Kill Bill 1 & 2 put me to sleep -- way too long -- and Pulp Fiction could have been cut by at least an hour without sacrificing anything. I'm not a big Uma fan, although I have liked her in some things. Be Cool was quite funny in spots, but it was a one-note effort for me.

SVZ

I've only been able to watch Kill Bill 1 and 2 once, each, and find them enjoyable.

The only Tarantino movie I've ever liked was Pulp Fiction-both Kill Bills were pretty good, but they just didn't do it for me. Same with Jackie Brown. I've watched a lot of Tarantino movies, thanks to some special I ran across last Christmas: "A Very Quentin Christmas"
    2 years...

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze
    The ONLY Tarantino movie I really like is Jackie Brown.
    I absolutely loved Jackie Brown!, every minute of it. we have all of the Kill Bill's on DVD but I never paid too much attention, I guess thats another thing to do when I'm off work next week.

I liked kill bill 1, but I could take or leave kill bill 2. It was a little slow for me, especially in comparison to 1.

I LOVED Kill Bill 1 and LIKED the 2 vol.
    My favourite character is O-Rhen Ishii played by Lucy Liu, so thats why i enjoyed the first part more, tho some parts of the second volume are really awesome.David Carradine kicks ass in his role as Bill.
    I agree with some of you about Jackie Brown, ive loved absolutely everything about this movie, Pam Grier is soooo cool.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaShar
    I LOVED Kill Bill 1 and LIKED the 2 vol.
    My favourite character is O-Rhen Ishii played by Lucy Liu, so thats why i enjoyed the first part more, tho some parts of the second volume are really awesome.David Carradine kicks ass in his role as Bill.
    I agree with some of you about Jackie Brown, ive loved absolutely everything about this movie, Pam Grier is soooo cool.
    What do you think, LunaShar? Tarantino had originally wanted Warren Beatty for the part. I haven't seen the movies, but from what I've seen in previews, I think Warren made the right choice to point Tarantino towards David Carradine.....
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

^^yes, he made a smart choice and decission. Now that ive seen the movies, i just cant picture Warren as Bill. As much as i love him as an actor, that role is not for him. You must see the movies, hwbl, they are very enjoyable and really cool to watch. if you watch them someday, please , tell what you think about David Carradines job.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaShar
    ^^yes, he made a smart choice and decission. Now that ive seen the movies, i just cant picture Warren as Bill. As much as i love him as an actor, that role is not for him. You must see the movies, hwbl, they are very enjoyable and really cool to watch. if you watch them someday, please , tell what you think about David Carradines job.
    Okay, next time I have some time off if I'll try to rent them and watch them back to back, and then I'll report back to ya!
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I love Quentin Tarantino, as long as I a) don't have to look at him and b) don't have to listen to him. His face and gangsta/valley speak are a little much for me. True Romance and Natural Born Killers are my faves!

Edit: yes, I know he wrote Natural Born Killers...
    Last edited by miss_perfect; February 27th, 2006 at 11:11 AM.

Oliver Stone did NBK, although I believe Tarantino wrote it..

As for Kill Bill, meh... the first one was alright (the second one I hated), but during the whole thing I had this uneasy impression that Tarantino was trying WAY too hard to be hip and edgy, where his previous work just kind of was by default. He tried to cram too much into the film, I think.. an oversaturation of cliché's that did more to detract from the material than add to it.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

LOVE love LOVE them!!!!!
    I love the fight scene between oren Ishi and Beatrix Potter in the Japan snow garden! and I love Micheal Madsen as an ugly hick, and the scenes w/ Beatrix being trained by her master in the mountains, they're excruciating to watch

Thumbs up Re: Kill Bill Vol 1&2

The Kill Bill movies are my favorite movies of all time, just barely surpassing the Godfather I & II...Tarantino is a genius. The acting, the storyline...the movies are just engrossing. I can't wait until the special edition, "Kill Bill--The Whole Bloody Affair" comes out!
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information