Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oprah's 'graphic sex' show....where's the FCC on this one?

Default Oprah's 'graphic sex' show....where's the FCC on this one?

Howard Stern would not be able to get away with this (back in the old FM days anyway). But for some reason, Oprah can.....here's a bit from an upcoming show. Get those TiVo's ready!

Hold on to your condoms!

Oprah interviewed a woman on Thursday who had engaged in sex with more than 90 men during her life and who was keeping an ongoing list and a video diary about these encounters!

Not to be confused with Howard Stern, Oprah asked: "So you've had men ejaculate in your face?"

MORE

The February Sweeps sex special from the nation's top talkshow host, titled "Guests discuss their sex addictions," raised eyebrows with industry watchers.

"You've had, you know, men ejaculating in your face who you don't even know who they are," asked daytime Winfrey.

WINFREY: OK. So tell me, what's going on when you're actually having the sex?...Coming up, Jennifer just admitted that she's had sex with almost 90 men.

JENNIFER: I had a one night stand last night in this room. And now I'm obsessing about it. I was at a cafe, and there was a guy there that I just decided that I wanted to have. Kind of like you walk into a bakery shop and you see an eclair, and that's the one you want. You know, I just went up to him and introduced myself and started chatting with him, gave him my number, basically all the while thinking, `I need to have sex with this person.' And it doesn't matter who he is or what he is, that's the one that I want to want me. And he slept over and I had sex with him and I had unprotected sex with him.

(Excerpt from videotape)

(Graphic on screen)

Jennifer, 25 Sex Addict Video Diary

JENNIFER: There's, like, a few reasons I feel like I have unprotected sex. One, I--it's so much about the guy feeling pleasure and pleasing him and I want it to be good for him. And the other one is I just don't care...

WINFREY: Eighty-nine guys, unprotected sex....

MORE

AMY (Says She Has Had Sex With More Than 70 Men): It's not about sex with me. It's about the intimacy or being close to someone or feeling needed. Even though I'm totally out of control, I still feel that I am in control for that moment. I'm trying to think about men that I've slept with, and I honestly can't remember, just 70 to 75, probably somewhere around there. Currently, I probably have four or five different guys I could call if I wanted to. I am tired of being alone. I don't want to be this way. I want to feel good enough within myself to not feel like I need to do this. I want to change. I want things to be better.

(End of excerpt)

WINFREY: So you told our producers you're disgusted with yourself. Yeah.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Default Re: Oprah's 'graphic sex' show....where's the FCC on this one?

I don't get the double standard. It's somehow creepy for Howard to talk about these things and ask the exact same questions but a-okay for Saint Oprah? Sounds like it's time for everyone to complain to the FCC about Oprah and see what happens.

Elite Member

I guarantee that Oprah isn't going to say the word "fuck" 100 times in an hour. She will probably not say "cum" or "dick" either. Howard would. Sex addiction is a real problem, Oprah will present it as such. Not that I am a big Oprah fan or anything, but hello! there's a HUGE difference between her and Howard Stern.

But even if Howard was doing a show, on terrestrial FM radio, on sex addiction and obeyed every FCC regulation in the book, and was actually attempting to HELP someone, he would STILL be fined. It's absolutely a double standard.

Elite Member

We'll never know, will we. Howard can't go more than 60 seconds without saying fuck, dick, cunt, cum, or use terms like "sit on his face". I've never heard him when he isn't completely obscene. I'm no prude about curse words, but he curses too damn much.

^^Do you subscribe to Sirius Hotncmom???

It because she's OPRAH, a housewife's god, and Howard is considered unholy. Not fair at all, he should give the same rights, like he has as far as I can remember.
    I might wanna watch this one, I might take some notes. *jkjk*
    Last edited by FierceKiten; February 24th, 2006 at 02:46 PM.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD
    ^^Do you subscribe to Sirius Hotncmom???
    No, but I have read some transcipts and heard Howard a couple of times before the move. Plus, doesn't he just have a reputation for being filthy? Are you implying that's unjustified?

No, I was simply asking if you subscribed to Sirius, that's all. Because you don't have to listen to him, or watch Oprah for that matter.

Silver Member

The difference is the context not the content. I have heard Howard Stern speak respectably, so he's certainly capable of it. He goes more for the sensationalism of a story rather than the educational. Oprah is the opposite, especially when it comes to educating the people more about her thoughts & opinions

There's also the considerable leer factor of Stern vs Oprah.

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom
    I guarantee that Oprah isn't going to say the word "fuck" 100 times in an hour. She will probably not say "cum" or "dick" either. Howard would. Sex addiction is a real problem, Oprah will present it as such. Not that I am a big Oprah fan or anything, but hello! there's a HUGE difference between her and Howard Stern.
    ITA! And isn't there some old lady named Sue Somebody that has a talkshow about sex?

Howard Stern talking about sex = juvenile. Oprah Winfrey talking about sex = informative.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo
    ITA! And isn't there some old lady named Sue Somebody that has a talkshow about sex?

Howard Stern talking about sex = juvenile. Oprah Winfrey talking about sex = informative.
    Sex with Sue!!! Looks like your grandma til she opens her mouth! http://www.talksexwithsue.com/index2.html

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Hit By Ban Bus!

I listen to Howard on Sirius just about everyday, and I don't recall him cursing THAT often. Artie has a foul mouth, but I wouldn't say Howard does. Howard's an intelligent man, but his purpose is entertainment, not education.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Oprah's purpose is high ratings. I find her sex talk to generate high rates as offensive as Howard's for titillation purposes. Double standard for the same thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information