Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eclipse - the horror film

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Eclipse - the horror film

just sharing in case I'm not the onlyTwilight fan. -

Eclipse": No question about it, the public has pretty much settled into two very divided camps about the film adaptations of the "Twilight" novels: They either adore them or despise them with equal passion. But with more than $400 million in box office for the first two, we know who the studio is listening to. So, eight months after "New Moon" dragged its sorry carcass into theaters, "Eclipse" will give us the further adventures of Bella, Edward and Wolfboy.

Pros: Director David Slade has made one pretty good psychological thriller ("Hard Candy") and one knockout horror picture ("30 Days of Night"), so he has an eye for darker fare. There have been reports that Slade is actually trying to make a horror film instead of a teen soap opera this time, to the dismay of the cast and studio. But his involvement offers the one spot of interest this series holds for me.
    Cons: Where do we begin? If this one has the same wooden acting, the same turgid screenwriting and same leaden pace as "New Moon," it'll be another two hours of torture. And I'm talking as someone who kind of liked "Twilight." Also: Vampires will remain as popular as ever in 2010. The solid little B-movie "Daybreakers" (a horror/sci-fi hybrid about a world run by the undead) opens Jan. 8, with "Let Me In" on the way, and Paul Bettany as a man of the cloth battling bloodsuckers in the graphic novel adaptation "Priest." There's also a third season of HBO's "True Blood" coming, for a considerably more adult take on the same themes that the "Twilight" flicks cover.

*the acting is/was wooden but I'm not sure if I can take a horror film especially if they make the vampire babies scary.

Horror? Really?
    "Well isn't that special"

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Horror? Really?
    it could be darn scary with vampire kids and Victoria.. which would make my husband happy because after New Moons wooden acting he's already said no way is he going to see another one.

there's no way you can make a horror movie out of the books.
    and if you think the story's frightening then you're probably a sissy.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    there's no way you can make a horror movie out of the books.
    and if you think the story's frightening then you're probably a sissy.
    stef did you see Dracula with Gary Oldman?

Silver Member

Eclipse didn't have any vampire kids. That was saved for the 4th book.

I haven't seen New Moon. After suffering through Twilight I refuse to spend a penny on any of the sequels. It's a shame as the books were rather addicting. And now I can't reread them without envisioning Robert Pattinson. How anyone can find him remotely attractive as Edward is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    stef did you see Dracula with Gary Oldman?
    yes, that's actually my favorite out of all the dracula movies. it's also the one with wynona rider, isn't it?
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    yes, that's actually my favorite out of all the dracula movies. it's also the one with wynona rider, isn't it?

yep... how could Gary be so hot one minute and scare the crap out of me the next? The part where he feeds the horse to the demons.. ackkkk

Gary Oldman, now that's a vampire.

"Well isn't that special"

I must be the odd one out but I thought New Moon was a gazillion times better than Twilight. I HATED Twilight and what it did to the book - apparently the director let Robert Pattinson portray Edward as depressed because he 'imagined he'd be very depressed after spending a century alone'. Well, Robert, Edward wasn't outwardly depressed. Read the bloody book and then fuck off!

But I however enjoyed New Moon. It wasn't great, but it was LOADS better (even the acting, I thought) plus I have a it's-wrong-but-oh-so-right crush on Taylor Lautner.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

^I agree with you levitt. I liked New Moon better. I know that neither were masterpieces, but I couldn't help watching both several times. They were slightly (not as much as the books)addicting. I think I liked NM better because I am Team Jacob. I hang my head slightly in shame that i am saying that as a grown woman, but it is what it is. I think the books and movies have more potential than what they ended up. And I'm sure I'll see Eclipse as well.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

Hit By Ban Bus!

there are some tweens out there nursing some serious crushes over Taylor - I met one and I didn't even have the courage to tease her

I'm not a Robert Pattinson fan. He sucked as Cedric Diggory but then I realized they were making Twilight on duct tape and bobby pins so they were not going to get A list actors. I had never heard of ... Kristen before. All in all after all my ragging it wasn't a bad movie (I thought) considering. My big rant was the make up looked like clown make up and Kristen looked tired and stoned all the time but the movie carried it self.

New Moon. OK I like Romeo and Juliet, which is dialogue driven and if your not into that sort of thing New Moon was going to bore you.
    I liked the make up in New Moon and for once in my life I finally liked the human to wolf thing - it wasn't like Prisoner of Azkaban which sucked. Lupin looked like a anorexic dust rag.

I'm thinking going the scary route with Eclipse might be a good thing for box office bucks but I'm not sure I'll be up to watching it.

Shelly - ah yes that is the look I like most!! Then you see Gary in the real world and it's like meh..... he should have won a Oscar!

I think scary/horror may not be what the tween girls will want to see, and that makes up a big part of the Twilight audience. It may just backfire.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

I reckon if they want to make it 'different', they should kill off Edward. Huge reaction, guaranteed. Plus it would be hilarious.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    I reckon if they want to make it 'different', they should kill off Edward. Huge reaction, guaranteed. Plus it would be hilarious.

Stephanie Meyer would have a heart attack.. Edward is her meal ticket.

She wrote a good first book, the others were just fill ins.

I just read the first book in the Sookie Stackhouse series.. to much like Anita Blake - these books are beginning to all sound the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information