Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 12 Reasons Why “Magic Mike” Is Truly The Best Movie Of The Summer

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    We have 2 all-nude male strip clubs here and I can definitely say they're hit-and-miss. Not only that, when you add cover, drinks, parking, tips, and maybe a table dance or lap dance, exhorbitant. And of course, you can't touch ALL the goods. However, the more well-known club, Swinging Richards recently opened a second branch down in Ft Lauderdale and I've heard great reviews about their dancers. Next time I go to South Florida, I'm planning on going.
    Hustle, next time you're down in Florida, why don't you drive down I-95 a little further to Miami Beach, drive across the William Lehman Causeway and drive south on Collins Avenue to Haulover Beach. The C/O beach there has a very sizable gay section, and you would probably have a lot more fun with the (unobstructed and free) view there than at any club.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    What did your daughter think of the movie Sluce? And maybe I should ask how old she is? That might make a difference in her answer. lol

Let us know what you think of the movie too, nw girl.

I can't find anyone who is able, or wants to go see this with me tonight. 3 of my friends would LOVE to but they have NO babysitters. The other 2 gals said they will wait to see it on dvd. I did hear that the local theater is already sold out for the first two showings tonight. I would have to head south about 35 miles to see it.
    You can go East to Davenport and come see it with me!
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Hustle, next time you're down in Florida, why don't you drive down I-95 a little further to Miami Beach, drive across the William Lehman Causeway and drive south on Collins Avenue to Haulover Beach. The C/O beach there has a very sizable gay section, and you would probably have a lot more fun with the (unobstructed and free) view there than at any club.
    I went there and was very disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    If you're going to Miami, go to Mangos and look for Alex. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    You can go East to Davenport and come see it with me!
    LOL. Davenport, IA. The mecca of male strippers.

My girlfriends and I went to Chippendale's in Vegas and it skeeved me out big time. The seemingly-straight ones were smarmy and gross and the gay dudes were checking each other out. LOL They actually molested some poor bride-to-be on stage. She started out rowdy and excited. They actually grabbed her breasts and put their faces up her skirt after tying her to a wall. She left the stage sobbing. Haven't been back to one since.

Official Magic Mike review: Too much talking, not enough stripping. If I wanted to watch a movie with dialogue, I would've went to see one with Meryl Streep.

Seriously though, I don't know how this would not be the #1 movie of the weekend. The 745p and 830p movie were sold out by 4pm, and the added another theatre to accommodate all the women. Every seat in the theatre was full but the front row.
    greysfang likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Official Magic Mike review: Too much talking, not enough stripping. If I wanted to watch a movie with dialogue, I would've went to see one with Meryl Streep.
    This review gets two thumbs up.
    If being cunty is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

I think it helps that this movie's coming on the heels of 50 Shades of Grey so repressed soccer moms don't feel quite as weird about going to a stripper movie as they would have last summer.

Bingo! LOL!

I thought it was decent for what it was, except for the whole lacking in more stripping part. It was funny, cause as I was sitting there watching I was figuring out which guy on screen was which guy I used to know. Most of the guys I knew were gay or at least bi and they didn't portray that at all. But overall, it was a fun way to spend a couple hours. I found myself chuckling at certain things because I'd witnessed them first hand, and I think the lady next to me thought I was kinda crazy.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

fgg

i also agree with louis' review. i wanted more scenes of channing tatum dancing or at least some sex scenes. i was disappointed the love interest was about as interesting as watching paint dry.

my theater was 1/2 packed with drunken, horny older women, 1/2 drunken, horny girls my age and 4 gay guys.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

fgg

how is $20.2M vs. $19.4M smoking the competition?
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Ted looks really awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

I agree, too much talking, not enough stripping. The theater was mostly women, ranging from twenty-somethings to women in their 60's. Since we were at the Fork and Screen Theater (they have nice bar in the front where you can drink before going into the movie), a lot of folks were tipsy and loud and that made the experience very fun.

My group I invited wound up being 8 guys and there were two more gay guys in the theater besides our group, and the rest of the theater were made up of women.

And Channing Tatum should NEVER try to be emotional or vurnerable when he acts. That was painful to watch.
    Last edited by hustle4alivin; July 1st, 2012 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    What did your daughter think of the movie Sluce? And maybe I should ask how old she is? That might make a difference in her answer. lol
    She and her friends said it was fun. They all just completed their 1st year of college so they are 18/19.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    ^^ "Showgirls" is a trashtastic, campy mess and a guilty pleasure for me. I did hate one particular scene (and if any of you ever seen it, you know which one I'm talking about), but a topless Elizabeth Berkley wearing a leopard mini and thigh high boots whooping ass getting revenge was one of the most unintentionally funny scenes I've ever seen. Even funnier when VH1 covers her titties with a CGI halter top. And Gina Gershon played a nice-nasty bitch-on-wheels quite well. Anyway, I don't think Magic Mike will be a match for that, but I'm just going for the eye candy. Channing Tatum isn't aging well and he can get paunchy pretty easily, so he's doing this in the nick of time.
    I know which scene you're talking about...
    I love it when she pronounces 'Versace' as 'Ver-sayce'.
    Seth82 likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information