Thread: Steven Spielberg Leaves Harvey Remake

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Steven Spielberg Leaves Harvey Remake

Back in August, we learned that Steven Spielberg had decided to remake the Jimmy Stewart classic, Harvey. We’ve heard little else about the film since then, aside from the fact that Tom Hanks didn’t want the lead role, and today it appears that we won’t be hearing much else for some time. Spielberg has apparently left the project after creative disputes with his latest potential lead, Robert Downey Jr.
    I’m sad to say it, but I’m sort of glad this project fell through. A Harvey remake is nowhere near the list of things I want to see from Spielberg at this point, no matter how potentially great his interpretation may be. Downey’s involvement would have certainly been a plus, but otherwise there was little else to be excited about with this remake—though admittedly, it was still in the early stages of development.
    Fox will continue work on the project, and they my try convincing Spielberg and Downey to jump back on at some point. If nothing happens with it though, I won’t be shedding any tears.
    The big question now is what Spielberg may be up to next. His Tintin shooting is complete, and he’s certainly not lacking in producing gigs, but his directing future is uncertain. Back in September, he confirmed that his Lincoln project will definitely happen, and now he may actually have the free time to devote to it.
    And let’s not forget that juicy Jonathan Nolan-scripted sci-fi film, Interstellar, that Spielberg was attached to a few years ago. It was never clear if he was going to direct that, but the prospect of a Spielberg-directed sci-fi film that involved wormhole travel, and alternate dimensions, already has me sort of foaming at the mouth.
    Source

Spielberg hasn't done anything worthwhile since Schindler's List. Dude has lost his touch. It's all so plastic and lame.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Spielberg hasn't done anything worthwhile since Schindler's List. Dude has lost his touch. It's all so plastic and lame.
    Wha?

Saving Private Ryan? Catch me if you can? Minority Report (truly one of the great movies of all time)? Munich?

Saving Private Ryan: technically impressive, story was fucktarded. Still plasticky feeling.

Catch me if you Can: meh.

Minority Report: more plasticky crap.

Munich was sort of better, but i only made it through about halfway before I got bored.

The less said about Indiana Crystal Skull the better.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

^^^^gotta agree; I tired of him years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Wha?

Saving Private Ryan? Catch me if you can? Minority Report (truly one of the great movies of all time)? Munich?
    Saving Private Ryan was the last Spielberg movie that actually impressed me and that I was willing to see in the theater.

I only love Spielberg for being Tom Cruise's arch enemy.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Hit By Ban Bus!

Spielberg has apparently left the project after creative disputes with his latest potential lead, Robert Downey Jr
    Spielberg is not capable of working amicably with independent minded actors.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Saving Private Ryan was the last Spielberg movie that actually impressed me and that I was willing to see in the theater.

I hate that movie with a passion unbridled. Worst Oscar winner EVAR!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I hate that movie with a passion unbridled. Worst Oscar winner EVAR!
    I think the worst Oscar winner ever was Out of Africa.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I think the worst Oscar winner ever was Out of Africa.
    and Titanic

Thread Information