Thread: Gerard Butler in Sin City sequel?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Gerard Butler in Sin City sequel?

More from good ol Gerry. This time while chatting to MTV, he revealed that he has talked with Frank Miller about a possible role in a future Sin City movie...
    “I could see myself working with Frank again,” explained the "Law Abiding Citizen" star. “But, I don’t know. Graphic novels are things that I wouldn’t do a lot of, so I would have to really choose carefully before I did.”
    Butler then revealed that he had spoken to <input ... >Frank Miller, not about the proposed 300 sequel, but about a role in Miller and Robert Rodriguez' much talked about <input ... >Sin City 2!
    "At one point, he talked to me about one of the 'Sin City' [movies], and we discussed that.”
    Although Butler didn’t reveal his character’s name, he reported that Miller wanted him not for this next film, but likely for the one after that.
    “There’s a kind of cool character I think in the third one, but it was all very kind of soft talk.”
    Man, I can't think of a better fit for Sin City. Marv. vs. Leonidas? Yes please.
    source

Comics2Film at Mania.com spoke exclusively to producer, Stephen L’Heureux, of Solipsist Films who apparently confirms that Sin City 2 will go into production in the second half of 2010.
    On top of “confirming” the Sin City sequel’s start date, he also revealed that unlike the first movie, Sin City 2 would be based on an original screenplay by Frank Miller, with him co-directing alongside Robert Rodriguez once again.
    Some of the original cast who will reprise their roles include Clive Owen, Mickey Rourke, Rosario Dawson, Jessica Alba, Brittany Murphy, Mand Michael Clarke Duncan. The release date is also still to be determined.

Finally, L’Heureux spoke a bit about why it’s taking so long for the long awaited, much anticipated Sin City 2 to get going:“As simple as ‘Sin City’ seems, it’s a very complex scheduling with all these actors and it’s a very demanding shoot to be on a sound stage all day long… We have to space it for Frank [Miller]. There’s also talk, of course, of ‘Sin City 3′.”
    Sin City 2 To Start Production In 2010? - Screen Rant

I can't wait for Sin City 2.

Great casting.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Hit By Ban Bus!

I can see it but..

so I would have to really choose carefully
    ..is not something Gerry has shown much evidence of doing.

Thread Information