Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Steven Seagal Lawman' on A & E

Default 'Steven Seagal Lawman' on A & E

Premieres December 2nd:

Steven Seagal Lawman - About the Show - A&E TV

Steven Seagal Lawman - His movies have grossed more than $2 billion worldwide. He is an expert martial artist with a 7th-degree black belt in Aikido. He's considered to be in the same class of action hero as Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger. However, Steven Seagal isn't just an action hero in the movies. For almost 20 years, Seagal has been working as a fully commissioned deputy with the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office in Louisiana. In addition to going out on patrol, Seagal is an expert marksman who has worked with their SWAT team and has instructed Jefferson Parish officers in firearms and hand-to-hand combat.

Steven Seagal Lawman will allow fans to ride shotgun with Seagal as he and his hand-selected elite team of deputies respond to crimes in progress. Then, when Seagal goes off duty, the cameras will continue following him as he pursues his many ventures, including musical performances and philanthropic efforts in Jefferson Parish and New Orleans.

Series Premiere Wednesday December 2 10/9C
    I had no idea he's been a deputy for 20 years already, I thought this was something new he decided to do for the show.

Yeah we'll be watching it. Hub has a mancrush on him. and its a reality show, so i'll watch it.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

has he slimmed down any? Last pictures I saw of SS,...he was majorly FAT!!!

Can't wait to catch this.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    has he slimmed down any? Last pictures I saw of SS,...he was majorly FAT!!!
    That's what came to my mind, too. Also, how did he get that fat if he works a tough job every day?
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

^^ lol I know. He is supposidly this martial arts guru, and has a job as a deputy. How'd he get so damn fat and out of shape? The pictures I saw of him this summer from TMZ were terrible!! His neck was the size of a tire!

He's considered to be in the same class of action hero as Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
    Yeah, sure he is. Seagal had his action hits, but he was never on the same level of Arnie & Stallone. Bruce Willis, yes. Seagal, no.

Seagal and Van Damme were in the same league. Both turned out crap for years...and years... and years.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Seagal and Van Damme were in the same league. Both turned out crap for years...and years... and years.
    ahh Jean Claude Bad Actor
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Yup. Seagal and Van Damme were definitely on the same level.

I am so there. This is going to be a fucking laugh riot. I love his pompous assholeness.

I think the difference between him and all the other action stars, other than the fatness, is that he could actually kick your ass and kill you. If you look at some of his early films, before they slow mo'd and edited the crap out of the action sequences (like they do in every action film today, where my mom could be shot to look like a martial artist), he was really fast and powerful with his hands.

I'll be watching it just so I can laugh and snark on him.It will be classic.

Quote Originally Posted by landerq View Post
    I am so there. This is going to be a fucking laugh riot. I love his pompous assholeness.

I think the difference between him and all the other action stars, other than the fatness, is that he could actually kick your ass and kill you. If you look at some of his early films, before they slow mo'd and edited the crap out of the action sequences (like they do in every action film today, where my mom could be shot to look like a martial artist), he was really fast and powerful with his hands.

I agree, and I will be watching.. I think he could've kept on if he wasnt such an ass.. I cant help it but I like him. Always loved his names too.. Mason Storm, Gino (i forget)and others.. I grew up on him, and was always a lover of martial arts movies even the old cheesy kung fu films..
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

Steven Seagal is my favorite martial artist. Despite the horrible things Ive heard everywhere, seems no one around here likes him but me. Did anyone hear hes going to film Under Siege 3? I hear its filming in 2011. Hes been putting out movies steady every year and possibly gaining weight the whole time. On the new show, hes rather large and I wonder how he can even do his job. I have a great deal of respect for the man but wonder how he expects to be respected as a martial artist when hes so large. Everybody mainly says hes a joke now.

Steven Seagal Lawman - A&E TV
    Sadly I missed the online premiere of the first episode on the 18th, but theres still some previews up.
    Perez Hilton: Steven Seagal: Lawman Prompts Lawsuit!
    And heres more bad news about Steven Seagal, hes gotten A&E sued.
    Last edited by NVash; November 21st, 2009 at 12:27 AM.

I just looked at the previews and he is a goddamn big ol' fatty, bless his lil' ol' heart!!!! I am using the fake southern accent he is now sporting, by the way. His "accent" is stronger than his real southern coworkers, for God's sake, which is not surprising, considering his deep understanding of and respect for the teachings of Stanislavski. Keeping in mind that he is from Michigan and grew up in LA, his grasp of the nuances of the Louisiana southern dialect is nothing short of amazing--but not surprising, coming from a thesbian such as Steven, spiritual brother to Brando and De Niro.

His handsome face looks as though it was chiseled from fine pizza dough. I think a toddler could outrun him at this point. Elizabeth Taylor has a better chance of apprehending a criminal. Nothing will tear me away from the tv on whatever day when his portly visage graces the screen.

Seriously, I am truly sad that his police uniform does not have any fringe accents and I am missing the ponytail big time.
    Last edited by landerq; November 21st, 2009 at 12:29 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information