Thread: "Thor" has cast the Warriors Three!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default "Thor" has cast the Warriors Three!

We reported just yesterday morning that Marvel is preparing to shoot their next big comic book film Thorin January, with director Kenneth Branagh now ready to get the story of gods and warriors from another dimension underway. And with that has come a few last minute casting decisions.
    Per a Variety article that has mysteriously disappeared off their site since it posted about an hour ago, Marvel has signed Stuart Townsend, Ray Stevenson and Tadanobu Asano to play The Warriors Three, a trio of Asgardian adventurers who fight alongside the Norse god Thor, who will be played by Chris Hemsworth (Star Trek).
    Stuart Townsend, who recently wrote and directed the excellent political drama Battle in Seattle, which starred his fiancee Charlize Theron, is best known for playing the vampire Lestat in Queen of the Damned and starring alongside Ryan Reynolds in Chaos Theory. He is also a frequent voice cast contributor to Robot Chicken. Ray Stevenson broke out in a big way after starring in the HBO series Rome, going on to star as Frank Castle in Punisher: War Zone. Tadanobu Asano has had a long-running career in Japan, with his most recognizable roles being in the imported films Mongol (2007) and The Blind Swordsman: Zatoichi (2003).
    The Warriors Three are comprised of Fandral, Hogun and Volstagg, three Asgardian warriors not based in Norse mythology. This casting negates previous rumors that the likes of Robert De Niro and Jude Law would be taking on these roles ó ultimately giving relatively fresh faces to these characters. And as Iíve said many times before, that is something I support. Townsend is a solid actor, as is Stevenson, and Asano has shown himself to be more than capable of playing well in big action pieces. From where Iím sitting, this casting falls in line with much of the work that Branagh has already done on Thor ó it is simply excellent.

source

Hmm, interesting casting. Maybe Thor won't suck after all.

Ugh, this movie is going to suck ASS!!!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Ugh, this movie is going to suck ASS!!!
    Ditto!
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Oh god, its gonna suck even worse than i thought.

Wednesday, December 2

• Thor Could "Redefine" the Super Hero Movie

Marvel Comics Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada was brought to Los Angeles for Thor pre-production meetings with director Kenneth Branagh. In a recent interview with ComicBookResources, Quesada said that Marvel is "incredibly confident" with the outcome of the adaptation of Thor.
      If you're a comics fan, you'll have a preconceived notion of what you're going to get. If you're a non-comics fan, you'll have another notion of what the movie is all about. And what's really amazing is that both groups will walk away going, "I've never seen anything like this before within the super hero genre." It's so cool, and I don't want to use the word unusual, but it is unusual in the sense that it redefines what a super hero movie can be.
      The interview arrived on the heels of some leaked plot details, which suggest that Thor (Chris Hemsworth) will be sent to earth after his adopted brother Loki (Tom Hiddleston) kills their father Odin (Anthony Hopkins). Once on earth, he will be literally run over by Natalie Portman, who is driving with her college professor (Stellan Skarsgard) to study a "strange cloud in the cosmos." The movie will end with a huge battle that will be shot first, when the production begins in mid-January in Los Angeles.
      While none of the plot details are confirmed, they do seem to fit with Quesada's "unusual" claim. AICN also discovered, through a trusted source, that the movie will not make use of Thor's human alter-ego Donald Blake, a point of contention for many Thor fans.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Natalie Portman is in this movie? Seriously? Damn, damn, damn and damn.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'm happy now Alexander Skarsgard didn't get the part of Thor.

Thread Information