Thread: "The Killer Inside Me" trailer

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default "The Killer Inside Me" trailer

"The Killer Inside Me" Trailer

The Killer Inside Me is an upcoming film based on the book of the same name by Jim Thompson. The film is directed by Michael Winterbottom and stars Casey Affleck, Kate Hudson, Jessica Alba, Simon Baker, Bill Pullman, Elias Koteas, Liam Aiken, Ned Beatty and Jay R. Ferguson . It is scheduled for release in 2010.

Deputy Sheriff Lou Ford (Casey Affleck) is a pillar of the community in his small Texas town, patient and apparently thoughtful. Some people think he's a little slow and maybe boring, but that's the worst they say about him. But then nobody knows about what Lou calls his 'sickness'.
    Lou has a bunch of problems. Woman problems. Law enforcement problems. An ever-growing pile of murder victims in his West Texas jurisdiction. And the fact he’s a sadist, a psychopath, a killer. Suspicion begins to fall on Lou, and it’s only a matter of time before he runs out of alibis.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo5onXUw56I[/youtube]ohnotheydidnt: Trailer for "The Killer Inside Me"

Here below the first pictures of the Killer inside Me:

Killer Inside Me Movie : Teaser Trailer
    Last edited by word; November 5th, 2009 at 01:12 PM.

From the screen shots, it looks kind of David Lynch-y.

Fucking fucking and little killing.

Jessica Alba isn't convincing in that role.
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

I was fortunate enough to see this a few months ago and I loved it, yet if any film is going to split opinions in 2010 it will be this one. Even I was taken back by some of the violence, it was unflinching, and believe me violence doesn’t really bother me. Also to note Casey Affleck further cements himself as one of the best young actors working today.
    Casey Affleck plays a small-town Deputy Sheriff in West Texas, whose barely-controlled worst instincts gradually become apparent as he attempts to cover up a crime. Jessica Alba plays the unlucky prostitute who gets to see his true, violent nature up close, while Kate Hudson plays his girlfriend. The film comes out on June 4 in the UK and June 18 in the US.

The Killer Inside Me UK Poster – Starring Casey Affleck & Jessica Alba | Flicks and Bits
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T54FpiXtInE[/youtube]

Apparently Alba gets punched so bad in the face it looks like hamburger mince at the end of it.

Kate looks awful in this movie, she wasn't lying about the de-glamorizing herself part.

‘The Killer Inside Me’ Domestic Movie Trailer and Poster

If you haven’t already seen the UK trailer for Michael Winterbottom’s The Killer Inside Me, go watch that now. Then come back here. Because IFC has released a domestic trailer and poster for the film, which adapts Jim Thompson’s daylight noir novel of the same name, but this new trailer isn’t nearly as effective as the UK version.

I’ve read the novel several times, but haven’t yet seen the film, so I can’t say if this trailer is actually a better representation than the UK one was. But as a standalone piece of work, it isn’t in the same league. Not that it is bad; just a lot more conventional. The UK trailer did a better job of getting across the weirdness of Thompson’s story, and the ways it might be deeply uncomfortable.

This one is more direct, more concerned with showing off the basics of the story. Which is probably necessary, but I prefer the more oblique approach in this case.
    Still, the film looks great. A couple of those evil grins Casey Affleck gives in shots here do help get the point across.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUI-_tm-3Zc[/youtube]
    ‘The Killer Inside Me’ Domestic Movie Trailer and Poster | /Film http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/24/the-killer-inside-me-domestic-movie-trailer-and-poster/#ixzz0ovSH6FLu
    Last edited by mb86; May 25th, 2010 at 03:34 AM.

Thread Information