Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Precious"

Default "Precious"

[YOUTUBE]JC-lklfr4_E[/YOUTUBE]

I could have sworn there was a thread for this movie already. I wanted to bitch about the 'select' release on November 6th.. Unless I want to drive to VA to see it this weekend, I'll have to wait until November 20th to see it..

Precious - In Select Theaters November 6
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

There is a thread around here somewhere I think, but it was posted a long time ago. I'm literally counting the days for this movie to come out, because it looks so close to the book. For me, the book is one of those that stays close to your heart long after you're finished reading it.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

I won't miss this one. Think a box of tissues better go with me.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    There is a thread around here somewhere I think, but it was posted a long time ago. I'm literally counting the days for this movie to come out, because it looks so close to the book. For me, the book is one of those that stays close to your heart long after you're finished reading it.
    I was the complete opposite. Once I finished this book, I was through with it. I wanted it out of my sight, but I've reread it a few more times. It haunted me so much. I couldn't understand how someone could treat their child like this, then let someone else mistreat them. What was learned and overcame was amazing, but the sheer hell to get there. I had the first set of printings of this book, and it stated that this was a true story....
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I don't know too much about this film except what i've seen in the trailers. But I cannot wait to see it. The acting seems awesome from the little i've seen and it seems like one of those movies i'll kick myself if i don't see. Didn't realize it was a book either. Wonder if i should read the book or see the movie first. Any suggestions?

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

i cant wait until it comes here so i can see it. I have requested the book from the library.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I saw the preview for the first time yesterday. It looks like it's going to be good and a tear jerker. So I will wait to rent it because I hate crying hysterically in the theater.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    I was the complete opposite. Once I finished this book, I was through with it. I wanted it out of my sight, but I've reread it a few more times. It haunted me so much. I couldn't understand how someone could treat their child like this, then let someone else mistreat them. What was learned and overcame was amazing, but the sheer hell to get there. I had the first set of printings of this book, and it stated that this was a true story....
    Yeah, it's definitely one of those stories that stay with you long after you're done reading it. It's devastating to think that it's a true story. Wow
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

I think I may go see this, too.
    ~ Det. Benson's certified b!tch ~

This movie was very emotional, like I knew it would be. They didn't leave out some of the things I thought they would..
    Had to see something else after wards to clear my head.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

A couple of friends invited me to go see this tonight, but I said no. One, it looks too depressing. And two, I refuse to pay money to see any movie with Mariah Carey in it.

Yea it looks too depressing, I heard it doesn't exactly end on the highest of notes, not sure if that's true. My life is already depressing as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    A couple of friends invited me to go see this tonight, but I said no. One, it looks too depressing. And two, I refuse to pay money to see any movie with Mariah Carey in it.
    It is depressing, however Mariah did a great job.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    It is depressing, however Mariah did a great job.
    I still refuse to pay to see any movie with Mariah's 'acting' in it. That's why I waited for cable to see You Don't Mess With The Zohan.

I just saw it. Re: the tissues, I actually brought some, anticipating that I'd need them, but really didn't. There were lots of funny moments in the movie, and only one scene where I came close to getting teary-eyed. The abuse and all was shocking and horrifying, but for me, it wasn't one of the most emotionally moving films I've seen. (Like, say, The Color Purple. That movie STILL makes me cry in at least two parts, and I've seen it a dozen times.) However, if anybody has experienced the kind of abuse portrayed in the film, I'm sure it will affect them much more profoundly.

Precious' way of coping tended to be to lapse into fantasy, which isn't sad or depressing. There was only one scene, I think, where she really let her pain show, and I was thinking, well good - finally! Re: the movie being depressing, I anticipated that, too, but didn't walk away feeling depressed. I will remember this movie forever, I'm sure, because the characters & the story are so distinct and memorable.

Mo'Nique definitely deserves some recognition for this movie. She was amazing. And seriously, Mariah was pretty darned good, imo. She even let them give her a tiny little mustache.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information