Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two and a Half Men has to be the worst show ever *my take*

Default Two and a Half Men has to be the worst show ever *my take*

Okay so I just wanted to vent and I didn't know where to put this - last night I watched the new episode of Two and a Half Men because there was nothing else on and I was waiting for The Big Bang Theory to come on. That show has to be the worst show I've ever seen. Misogynistic garbage. The whole episode was about Charlie's girlfriend wanting to get a breast reduction because she was in pain and Charlie trying to get her not to - crying, pleading, etc. It didn't matter that she was in pain. He tells her "you want them smaller, I want them bigger, so we'll compromise and you'll stay where you are - okay?" He even tells her that he wouldn't cut off his penis because of her. After crying and bullshitting her for what felt like forever, he finally tells her that when she gets them done her ass will appear ten times larger, so she decides not to get them done, she'll just live with the pain so her ass doesn't appear big, and Charlie mockingly thanks God for his prayers being answered. She's a fucking idiot, he is a fucking douche with the worst taste in clothes ever seen on TV who couldn't land a hot chick even with a twelve inch dick, this show is just terrible. OK so as I'm gritting my teeth through this whole fucking episode, I realize THIS SHOW IS NOT FUNNY. I've seen some misogynistic tripe before that manages to make me still giggle - but this show is the worst show I've ever seen, and yet the ratings are always up. Whats up with that? I just don't get it - bad, annoying characters, bad actors (Charlie Sheen is the worst), just bad everything. So thats my take because I'm still pissed off at that dumbass episode even today I was actually wanting to throw something at my TV screen because the characters were so awful.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I don't think I've ever really watched it and paid attention but it's done really well ratings-wise. At least I think it must have, it's been on for a while so people are actually watching this show. On purpose. They must like something about it.

Anyone who likes it care to defend it?

I'm sure it will have a lot of defenders, it does great in the ratings. I just, for the life of me, can't see why. And its not like I set out to actively dislike this show. I heard another poster say it was a "typical men's show" but I still don't get it - I love most shows like that. I just can't get behind this one. Its the same every episode - Charlie being a douche and trying to shake a dumb woman and just wanting sex...his brother just being annoying...the little one just passing gas and the like. Maybe it was funnier in earlier seasons, I don't know - its just a terrible show to me.

Never have watched this. Didn't like the look of the cast.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

SVZ

I haaaaaaaaaate this show and I don't understand why it's still on, meanwhile great shows get cancelled. It's NOT funny.

I FUCKING HATE THIS SHOW.Charlie Sheen is supposed to be a hot bachelor or something.Fucking fail with those goofy bowling shirts,shorts,socks and loafers.

It's not funny,it's just plain garbage.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Oh thank God, I'm not the only one in my hate!!! I hate, hate, hate, that every woman on this show is either a dumbass or a shrew, and they all are weak characters and only serve as a warm hole for Charlie to use and discard. And I'm not even particularly sensitive usually about these types of things. This show is just so bad, man I feel better knowing I'm not the only one who can't believe this is still on the air!

I thought I was the only one who had never seen an episode of this show.

Well.. Everybody Loves Raymond went on for like a billion years, and that show was fucking shit
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I can't figure out why people like this show, and why Charlie Sheen has such a high salary. It's soooo bad. Charlie's character is a womanizing jackass and the acting is horrid.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

We do watch it, when there's not much else on. I will admit to laughing, but the whole premise is horrid. But, it does let me talk to my daughter about how women should be treated.

Not a fan of the show, but I am a tv addict, so I've seen it, but don't make a habit of watching. It pisses me off that they moved Big Bang to after and stuck the god awful scientology show in there too. Why break-up Big Bang & How I Met Your Mother????? They go so well together.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

The housekeeper is the best character in the show.

Not impressed, though.

Jon Cryer was once kinda cute. A hundred years ago, in a John Hughes universe.

When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    We do watch it, when there's not much else on. I will admit to laughing, but the whole premise is horrid. But, it does let me talk to my daughter about how women should be treated.

Not a fan of the show, but I am a tv addict, so I've seen it, but don't make a habit of watching. It pisses me off that they moved Big Bang to after and stuck the god awful scientology show in there too. Why break-up Big Bang & How I Met Your Mother????? They go so well together.
    I know! How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory are two of my favorites, and then they stick such shit in the middle. I wish they would revert back to the old format. I wonder how high the ratings would be for Two and a Half Men if it wasn't sandwiched between those shows.

Also the Emmys kisses this show's ass, which makes zero sense because the two main characters are played by awful actors, who are often nominated in the Best Actor category. Its craziness.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Daaaaayuuuum January!! Tell us how you really feel! What a lovely feminist rant!

I've seen maybe two eps of the 1st season and it was so forgettable I have no idea what they were about. I know Sheen has a brother and a nephew and a sassy red-headed housekeeper. That's it. Why don't they show the housekeeper putting this douche in his place?? Are there ANY strong female characters? From your description this show is a disgrace.

I've only watched it in syndication, and although the character of the son is older now, there are old episodes when he was only about 8 or so, and some of the dialogue being spoken around him was pretty raunchy; I often wondered how they could get away with that, or did they just assume "Oh, he doesn't know what that means anyway, so it's OK!".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information